Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For you Ezboard Vets

TheHolo.Net Poster

The namana berries taste like namana berries!

AKA
    Holly
    And, from TGC's own FAQ (I'm sherlock holmes!):

F. Advertise only in forums where advertising is allowed. Ads found in other forums will be deleted promptly.
    You'll notice we have no advertising forums.

General Ceel
    There is a difference between an Advertisement and a Sig with a link in it.

General Ceel
    Spamming in regards to advertising is the act of posting links, images, or advertisements to sites that are not owned or hosted by SWFans or a SWFans.net member. This is not permitted and any site that you post such material from will likely be upset that you're stealing bandwidth from them. If you post an image from an outside source, and 50 of our members click on it, you have just increased said outside site's bandwidth by 50 times. This is not polite and is considered a form of stealing, as bandwidth is costly.

In regards to my sig, it is not a violation of the terms because as you can see, i'm a registred member of Swfans, and the link in the sig is to a community that I own

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I have an urge to say burninated.

*reads Ceel's sig*

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    In regards to your sig, it is a violation of our policy. Your selective reading missed the highlighted portion that I so kindly pointed out to you previously.

You may also not post links to other roleplaying forums. SWFans does not pay for bandwidth so people can register and advertise sites elsehwere. Members who post threads to outside roleplaying communities will be banned immediately, and any thread with a link to an outside roleplaying community will be closed or deleted immediately.
    The Gungan Council is another RPing board, is it not? Furthermore, I emailed you the explaination of your violation, because it is not the Staff's intent to make this a public discussion. Keep all further questions or comments on this subject to PM, or email.

General Ceel
    Oh how the mighty have fallen. Afraid of a little competition? Last time i checked posting doesn't create bandwidth, visiting does. If you are so cheap that you feel a need to keep your cost down you might want to make your site invitation only, and allow nobody to view it without a password.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Originally posted by General Ceel
    Oh how the mighty have fallen. Afraid of a little competition? Last time i checked posting doesn't create bandwidth, visiting does. If you are so cheap that you feel a need to keep your cost down you might want to make your site invitation only, and allow nobody to view it without a password.
    We don't have any problem covering our bandwidth costs, and we're not really interested in competing with other forums. There are people who clearly like the way TGC does things, and there are others who do not.

So maybe get over it, stop worrying about plugging your ezboard, and contribute to the community. If you're not about that, leave. We're not really interested in going out of our way to please General Ceel, or his "in the know" friends. You've got your own forum for that, thanks.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Originally posted by General Ceel

Ezboard is great, sw-fans sucks etc..

Shawn
    In regards to the signature matter: We get plenty of people who register simply so they can post "Click the link in my signature!", thus why the rule is in place. And we're not in the habit of making exceptions to our rules. I think most of us here are aware of TGC and know where to find it, at any rate.

Otherwise, this discussion is just going in circles. Different services may suit different people's needs, but we're quite happy with the freedom and flexibility that vBulletin provides us. You're obviously happy with the features and services that Ezboard provides you. There's really nothing further to say on the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12