Thread: Gliding through the ages

Torn Dlo

Gliding through the ages

Torn Dlo sat cross legged as he watched his Padwan finish her medatative cycle. He smiled with relief as she opened her eyes. The exercise she had just worked through had been particularly difficult. He looked at the small sphere between them and plucked it off the ground with the Force. It hovered between the two for a moment before dropping to his lap. It was a child's toy really, but it could still be very difficult for many Jedi should they become arrogant and forget thier way. Inside were mazes inside mazes.

In the earlier times of his Jedi career, the younglings had been watched and the enviroment controled so they did not get lost and couldn't find thier way back. As they progressed, the Masters would lean off of them and let them wonder. Ocassionally you would get one or two that would be lost for a few days or a week, but only so very often. Naysheta, his Padawan since before the Purge, though, had almost reached the center of the sphere, getting lost only twice since her training started.

"Very good Naysheta. How do you feel my Padawan?"

The young girl rubbed the sweat from her forehead and sighed. "Like a fried Jawa. I'm tired and hungry and thirsty and..." She paused as she caught Torn's stern look. "Not what you meant was it? Well...I fell...I don't know. Disconnected. Like I'm here, but I'm still there."

"I can only imagine," the Kel Dor responded. "You've gone farther than most have ever dared, and you have earned your rest. Take a nap and when you awake we'll woke some more on your lightsaber skills."

The young girl nodded as she stood up and left thier small living room and went into her room. She'd get to the sonic shower later. Now she needed rest.

The Jedi watched her go. She would have made an excellent Jedi in the Old Republic, but that time has past. How she will fare now I don't know. Her training was held off for some many years after the purge, that I'm surprised at what she can still do. Prehaps she will still make a great Jedi yet.

Naysheta
    Naysheta slumped down on her bed and rolled over on her back. She stared up at the ceiling as she thought about her Master outside. They had been through and survived so much in her life and she worried about him. He was getting old, even by a Kel Dor's standards. She knew that the Purge did something to him. It did something to her as well. It took their friends and family away, and even with the death of Palpatine, they will never come back. Their Jedi abilities were also taken away, atleast for a short time until they felt they were safe enough to continue her training.

Wars...nothing good can come from them, she thought to herself as she closed her eyes and reached out to the Force, hoping for it to take her rather than sleep. She had been in the temple the night Anakin had turned and it was only thanks to the Force that she had been one of the few to escape. Later, Torn Dlo had found her and two other children in the lower parts of Coruscant and had taken them in. The other two however had died of diseases they had contracted and only she was left of the trio.

She had not been a particularly strong Apprentice and many at the Order had been reluctent to teach her as they felt others were more suited to becoming Jedi than her. And while it was true she grasped things slower, she was nevertheless willing to work harder just to grasp the lesson. She was lucky to have made it this far she knew and in her heart knew that she would never have been able to do it with out Master Torn.

Enough thoughts. You need your rest. You heard Master Dlo. Lightsaber drills after this, she thought as she slowed her breathing and heartbeat. Finally darkness overtook her and she let her conciousness flow into the Force.