Thread: Every empty word I say

Jezebella

Every empty word I say

Earlier that night
    ____

In a state of elevated pleasure. Drunk, lost. Somewhere in between the two. She felt like a giggly school girl that wanted to rip someone's head off, which was definately a weird feeling. But something else told the boys to stay away tonight. Perhaps the look in her eye that said she would tear something apart unless it was some form of liquid death. Not that she could taste it anymore, anyway. Her tongue, as well as her mind had become blissfully numb after a long nights work. Work? Okay, a long night's attempt at living without doing something that would hinder someone's high spirits.

She had to get out. The smoke, men, and drinks of the establishment were beginning to make her gag.

So, hefting herself from her bar stool, which tilted slightly more to the left than she prefered, she swung around and ambled out of the bar.

Outside, to her dismay, it had begun to rain and she would be far too lucky if the gutter followed all the way back to her current 'home'. She hummed, an annoyed sound that would seem surprisingly cheerful to anyone who didn't look beyond her intense eyes. Shuffling through the pockets on her ripped pants, she pulled out a pack of cloves and took the last stem from the package. Setting the empty pack on the window sill behind her, she moved forward into the rain, still rummaging through her pockets for the lighter she forgot to bring.

She reached a park that lay in the center of the small town, gazing longing at a bench that seemed to move farther away with each step she took. Then, someone placed a hand on her shoulder. A wavering flame was brought around to her semi-soaked clove cigarette, which she leaned into, lighting it. Turning slightly, she gazed at the hungry pack of men that had followed her and smiled.

"You boys looking for some fun or just a fight?" She asked, taking a drag then exhaling the smoke into the air. They grinned, she nodded and removed her coat.

____

Presently

A whole lot of broken bones and bloody faces later.

Jezebella plopped down on the bench and boredly ran her fingers down a curled strand of her soaked hair, adding to the transparent arrangement of her once white shirt. The stem slipped from her mouth and slowly, she tilted her head back into the rain, not minding the stinging droplets that pelted her skin. Her tongue darted out of her mouth, lapping at the blood that wouldn't stop relentlessly pouring from her lips. She allowed more hits than necessary. Lucky for them, she was in a good mood.

Phantom
    A bitter cold suddenly swept through the park, threatening to freeze the very rain as it fell from the heavens above. Just beyond the edge of sight, a creeping shadow lurked, the damp grass masking the sound of its footsteps, though it mattered little for its dark and malicious nature alerted anyone to its presence. Something however was off, surely one as powerful as this creature could have easily hiddin its presence, then why did it not, why did it choose to reavel iteself to this woman? The night itself seemed to darken in its fore coming, bathing all within total darkness, consuming everything within its path. Slowly as the darkness receded a dark ominous figure was left in its wake. A long flowing cloak of pitch black hung loosely from the figures broad shoulders, which fluttered silently behind him in the growing wind. An enormous hood of the same color was cast over his head, shadowing his face from sight, all that could be seen from within his hood were his crimson orbs, which seemed to burn in the dim light.

" Did you enjoy yourself? "

His voice was little more then a whisper, yet it was powerful and commanding. His eyes slowly drifted over the womans flawless figure, she was enchanting, a beauty unlike anything he had ever seen before. Slowly he trailed his tongue over his lips as his eyes once again came to eyes.

Jezebella
    She had sensed he had been there all along. He had not bothered to hide such knowledge from her, she knew that he had the capablities to, however she could not sense the intent behind his actions. Pale silver eyes, that could almost be judged white, found his crimson orbs that slivered down her body, admiring her. This was no creature that she had come into contact with previously and he certainly couldn't be wound in with those poor boys she had ravaged earlier.

"You mean the part where I nearly killed them or the part where they hit me?" She questioned, though she didn't expect or want an answer. Droplets of rain trickled down her face like fake tears, mixing in with the generous trail of blood that leaked down from her lush mouth.

"What business do you have with me, dark one?"

Phantom
    The darkened figure chuckled lightly to himself, though it could be heard for quite some distance as it seemed to be carried by the wind. He remained held deep within silence as he stood in awe of her; she was of a different breed entirely, feisty and rebellious, yet overly dangerous and nothing less then absolutely gorgeous. A devilish grin played on his unseen lips, curling them into something sinister, he could think of a great many things that he could do to her, a look of lust filled his eyes, making them burn even brighter. Swiftly he moved to where she sat, gently brushing aside the strands of wet hair that covered her face.

" There are creatures far more dangerous then those little boys afoot tonight. "

He paused for a moment, looking deep into her eyes as though he was searching her very soul.

" You are a creature unlike any I have ever seen before. Your very being is an enigma to me, I don't know whether I should kill you and eat your heart or let you live, which is something I have never felt before. Who are you? "

Something deep within himself began to stir, an emotion he had not felt in some time.

Jezebella
    Eat her heart? Her eyebrow arched in surprise at the statement, though she should have expected it from a creature such as him. But the way he said it, made the act seem more like worship than death. She did not move when he brush the wet strands of hair from her face, but inwardly she did tense. Her trust was hardly gained by such odd wording.

"If you killed me, you'd hardly have me around to admire anymore, unless you get kicks out of staring at lifeless corpses all day." She murmured, then again gazed at him, reminding herself what he was, or what she thought he was anyway. "You know what, disregard that last statement, it seems you have me speaking of things I do not know."

A shiver coursed through her body and when she exhaled, a stream of light steam filed forward from her lips.

"My name is Jezebella. No occupation to follow after."

Phantom
    He continued to look upon her, his crimson eyes never once straying from her form. A brief smirk crossed his lips, though she hid her feelings well he could sense deep within her the mistrust and dread she felt towards him. It was to be expected though, as he had encountered many times in the past. His eyes narrowed greatly on her, becoming little more then tiny slits of crimson.

“ My dear lady, you misunderstand me. I worship no man, however, you torment me so, you fascinate me like no other. Jezebella, I will not forget it. “

The figure grew quite as he slowly drew in a deep breath, exhaling it soundlessly, struggling to find the perfect wording.

“ Forgive me, I am being rude. I have yet to introduce myself, I am … Phantom. Indeed, it is a strange name, but it is what I am called in these trying times. “

Again a sinister grin crossed his lips, transforming his face into truly something horrific and monstrous.

“ Corpses line my walls m’lady. I take joy in the death of others. However, you are right, I will not kill you. Come, lets get you inside. You are no good to me dead. “