Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith. Episode III Box Office Thread

I think it will make 380 at least. It might just crawl past that mark but I think it will do that.

JediMaster Orin Di'Freeze

im not sure it will

i may go see it again to make sure.

jjwr
    Just 1 Million away from Return of the Kings total and its final resting place at #7 all time. It would have been nice to top 400 Million and catch Spiderman but no way that happens now.

By this time next weekend it should have passed RotK

Yeah 380ish is about as far as it can get, unless Lucas does an imax thing, which looks unlikely right now.

JMK
    That's about it for RotS. It had a very strong start, but slowed down a little faster than we had hoped. Still, #7 of all time ain't bad for a movie that everyone knew the ending to!

Exactly also it is still making money overseas. it is at 440 right now, probably will get to 500 after its through in Japan. So about 880 total that sure isn't bad.

It's still tracking close to AOTC, so it's going to make its way to $380 during its 15th or 16th week.

jjwr
    It overtook Return of the King this past weekend. At this point anything more it can get is cake. It would be nice to have a higher adjusted gross than ROTK the but I don't see that happening.

JMK
    No, not at this point, it's basically in it's last stages now. It may crawl to a bit past 380 but that's about it.

I think 383 at the most. Really the only to watch is the WW gross, last I checked it was a little over 800 and still going strong in Japan, I think it might reach 500 overseas and make about 880 something WW.

I noticed that it lost a ton of theaters over the weekend. It's got even less screens than AOTC did at this stage so the numbers have started to trail AOTC. It's barely going to get to 380M. That's a nice round number for it to hit and it should just about make it.

I'd wager it picks up screens for Labor Day. The big summer movies typically do(like a last hurrah type thing).

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213