Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd RotS Trailer - spoilers

JMK

2nd RotS Trailer - spoilers

It doesn't sound like it's finished, and it didn't say when it was being released, but it sounds quite dark:

The trailer begins with the following exchange:

Palpatine: "The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this power?"

Palpatine: "Not from a Jedi."

We are then introduced to the political maneuvering of Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Mace Windu. All of them actually want to use Anakin as a pawn in their game (Palpatine makes Anakin his "personal representative on the Jedi Council" while Obi-Wan wants him to "report on all the Chancellor's dealings"). The first minute or so is surprisingly heavy on dialogue and consists mostly of shots of various characters speaking to each other (intercut with short glimpses of evil droids, space battles etc.). We even see how Mace Windu and three other Jedi attempt to arrest Palpatine (he grabs the lightsaber and confronts them). When Mace Windu tells Anakin "You are on this council but we do not grant you the rank of Master", Anakin loses it and joins the Dark Side (Sidious: "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic"). At least that's how the trailer makes it look.

Then the more "visual" half starts with some very neat scenes like a low angle shot of Anakin marching in front of a Clone trooper army. We see Wookiees on some kind of war machine, the duel in the volcano field, gigantic 10-wheel military transports and actual destruction of the Senate chamber. Everything is very dramatic, several deaths are implied, Padme is seen crying loudly and music from the Emperor duel (ROTJ) is heard.

Overall, the first half of the trailer is surprisingly specific, making no sense whatsoever to people who don't know Star Wars well. The second half is very dark and dramatic, but with lots of action. Bad guys (apart from Sidious) only appear for a fraction of a second and have no lines. The final seconds consist of Obi-Wan shouting "You were the chosen one!", fighting Anakin while both dangle from some ropes/wires. After the closing titles, there is a bonus shot of Vader and Sidious standing side by side, accompanied by Vader's breathing.

This is a preliminary version with effects and sound not quite finalized. One part of the trailer is actually without music (either for dramatic effect or John Williams' new score will be inserted here?). The length is little under 2:30.

When further questioned about the "evil droid", our source confirmed that there wasn't a clear shot of General Grievous but there was one of the bodyguards:

There is some evil-looking humanoid droid with a cape around his head and torso, flanked by two classic battledroids (from Episode I). He seems to hold a lance in his hand. Later, Obi-Wan is seen swordfighting with a humanoid droid but he's only seen from back and moving quickly. (I'm 90% certain it IS Grievous, but it's extremely short and quick shot.) Anyway, both of these shots are VERY brief (about half second).

One of the shots depicts Obi-Wan being surrounded by dozens of droids. Some of them look different and wear capes, maybe one of them is Grievous. But it's very wide shot, the characters are small.

Darth McBain
    Awesome!!! You know, just yesterday I was wondering when we'd be seeing the next trailer - ROTS is now only 4 short months away (less, actually) and we've only gotten the one trailer so far. It sounds like this one is pretty good - can't wait to see it.

Yeah it sounds very dark I think it will be out with Robots which is a Fox film and that comes out in March I think.

JMK
    That sounds like a more than reasonable guess at a release time for the trailer. It's still such a long way off though.

Yeah about two months unfortunetly. At least this film looks like it might be fun. Robin Williams's voice is in it along with Ewan McGregor, Hallie Berry and Mel Brooks.

JMK
    Yeah there's a ton of voices in that movie. I'll definetly see it if the trailer is attached to it. Then again, I didn't get to see the teaser that was attached to the Incredibles. That was a let down.

Yeah sometimes the theater won't show it. I remember going to see the first Harry Potter movie thinking the teaser for AOTC was going to be on that and it wasn't.

Darth McBain
    At least with the first Harry Potter movie, though - that was worth watching, but that does suck when you're expecting the trailer and it isn't there...

Darth McBain
    From TF.N, it looks like this trailer will be out March 11. Seems kinda late, in my opinion... I can't honestly remember what the timeline was for Ep. I and II, but it seems to me that with about 2 months to go until the movie, we had more than just two trailers. It makes me wonder if they're behind with the post-production on this one. I hope not - I want them to take the time to do the job right and not have to rush the effects in...

JMK
    I think they may be taking a little different approach to this one. Everything seems like it's going to be a little downplayed given the dark tone of the movie. We may get this 2nd trailer, and if I recall correctly, there was one other one before the release.

JMK
    Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    Yeah it sounds very dark I think it will be out with Robots which is a Fox film and that comes out in March I think.
    http://www.theforce.net/topstory/sto...11th_88981.asp

If this is correct then you're right on Carr. Well done buddy!

Heh it was an educated guess It didn't hurt obi-wan is in it either heh.

JMK
    There's an image of the RotS checklist card for the upcoming Topps trading card series at tf.n. It pretty much blows the lid off of RotS in terms of major plot points from start to end. I haven't looked at it yet...well, I did, and I read the first 3 or 4 lines before I caught myself and closed that browser. That took a lot of will power, and I haven't been back to tf.n since.

I'm not even going to post the link here because it will give you the whole story arc and I'm not sure any of you want that...but there may be a couple who do want to know.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Trailer spoilers? I think I rather be spoiled by the trailer itself

Yeah I saw that JMK which is why I didn't look at either Actually I have read less so far than the first two films. Lets see if I can keep that up.

Draken Lasoxx
    Can anyone post a site that will show me the first trailer. I have been wanting to see it, and the only place i found it available so far is the star wars site itself but u have to be registered to hyperspace to see it. So if anyone else knows of a site where i can see it id greatly appreciate it. Oh and Hello Master Yoghurt, its been a long time since iv talked to you. I was once Jedi Master Anakin and trained by JK Leia Solo. A looooong time ago. But if u dont remember me its kewl...just thought id say hello.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Oh, hi there. I remember you

JMK
    Originally posted by Draken Lasoxx
    Can anyone post a site that will show me the first trailer. I have been wanting to see it, and the only place i found it available so far is the star wars site itself but u have to be registered to hyperspace to see it. So if anyone else knows of a site where i can see it id greatly appreciate it. Oh and Hello Master Yoghurt, its been a long time since iv talked to you. I was once Jedi Master Anakin and trained by JK Leia Solo. A looooong time ago. But if u dont remember me its kewl...just thought id say hello.

Not true, you don't have to be registered at the official site in order to see the trailer. You used to have to be registered, but that was only for the first few weeks of the trailers release. Now how have to be registered if you want the large version of the trailer:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/...er/teaser.html

Draken Lasoxx
    Hmm...i went there and i tried the 480x206 but when it would try and load up it said i was missing "Quick Time Essentials" and when i would start to download what i needed it would get near the end and say Download corrupted. So then i tried the one to the right the 320x137. And it is loading, but all it plays for me is sound and the picture remains white. Do you think its just my computer or my quicktime program? I dont know but iv really been wanting to see this trailer, but every time i try it doesnt work.

JMK
    To me it sounds like your Quicktime program is not installed properly or that you have an older version. Try to find an update at the quicktime site. If I were you, I would remove the version you have on your computer and install the free program there:
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Good luck, I hope it works out for you! It's worth seeing!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast