Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball: 2005 Edition

LightKnight
    Ah, the heck with you two as long as Dickie V and I know the truth, that’s good enough for me.

How about the Maryland and Puke game. I had sworn to myself that I wouldn’t watch all of it but I just could not take the chance and miss Maryland up setting Puke, and I was rewarded handsomely. Did anyone see the looks on the face’s of the Cameron indoor Idiots, Priceless .

Now I’m getting geared up for the Wake and Georgia Tech game, I smell upset city BAAAABBIIEEEE!!!!!!

Yeah UCLA won a lot of titles and for like 6 of them he didn't have Walton or Karrem. Heck he won, one of those titles with a 6-7 for a center. The man was a genius.

Anuis Ma'artra
    RoFL the Crazies got pwn'd by a UNC grad at the Maryland game. In their little Cheer Sheet they give out they have a list of things that is supposed to aggravate the opposing team's players.

However one of the things they used to cheer against Maryland was actually a thinly veiled reference to a former assistant coach at Duke who has been accused of being a drug dealer and supplying Corey Mageitte with Coke while he played for Duke.

I don't know who saw the game but they were cheering this all night, I thought there was something strange and that it reminded me of a scandal that had been recently brought up with Duke, but it took until I read this to realize what was going on.

LOL

Duck Fuke!

jjwr
    The only team I follow in College Hoops is the UVM Catamounts, local team, great group of kids. Haven't made it out of the first round of the big dance yet but they did make it the past two years and hopefully will this year too!

JMK
    I went to school with a girl who moved from Montreal to play ball for the Catamounts. She was about 5'2" and was all energy. This goes back about 7 years I guess...

Wow...Duke versus Carolina was all that could be expected. Best rivalry in college basketball. Terrific game.

Anuis Ma'artra
    Horrible Outcome

Ahh you're one of those people that can't appreciate a good game when your team loses.

***I have a hard time accepting whenever Kentucky wins a big game, I have an irrational hatred of that school, so I feel you...sort of***

I was rooting for Duke, but I coulda cared less if North Carolina had won. It was a great game....and I didn't graduate from either school so it doesn't alter my existance. It's not like it was for the National Title.

Of personal interest, NT is in the middle of the pack in the Sunbelt. But the conference tourney is in our house, so maybe we can pull some shockers.

Ibrahm Demir
    Oh UNC is not my team, I'm an Illini Alumni, in fact I know a bunch of the guys on the squad, my best friend was a cheerleader. I just hate duke

My point was not that UNC is LITERALLY your team...but they were last night. Like I root just as hard against Kentucky as I do for North Texas in basketball. Any school that plays them is my 2nd favorite for the day.

And much like you I have no real reason to hate them. They aren't in my conference, or state, or anything.

Ibrahm Demir
    Oh I have reasons, elminiations of my two favorite teams from the NCAA tourney, ACC officiating giving them 2, 1 point wins on last second foul calls over my beloved Illini, Mike K.s obvious deal with satan.

I could go on lol

Please.

Well at the same time Duke fans could say that about UConn, who beat them twice in one game that was semi contraversal. Of course UConn fans could say that was revenge for the last second shot

LightKnight
    I was going to come in here and vent about the poor officiating in the Carolina loss to Puke. I decided not to as it would just come off as sour grapes but after watching Carolina’s win at Connecticut and seeing it really got me too thinking, the officials do in fact make favorable calls for the home teams and it makes me sick. Now I can appreciate close calls going to the home team, although WRONG I can accept it. But these obvious in your face bad calls leave me shaking my head in utter disgust. I would like to go on about it but unfortunately most people either do not want see it or they just accept it and go on .well that’s my poor excuse for my venting session sadly anything more would be classified as whining. But I do hope one day Coaches are allowed to complain about horrible officiating so that officials who are biased can bare the title they deserve CHEATERS!!.

Anuis Ma'artra
    26-0 Baby!

This will be a season, Illini fans will talk about for a long time coming. They just seem so in control no matter what the situation, down by 8 at Michigan in the second half? No problem, we'll just score 3 straight fast break buckets and hit a three to take the lead. Wisconsin takes an early second half lead? No problem, we hit threes like they were lay-ups.

It's just amazing to watch them play, its the way college basketball is meant to be played, I don't care what anyone says about UNC's talent and potential, it doesn't really matter when you have 6-7 guys who play in perfect unision no matter which five are on the floor. I think the sports writers have it wrong, Illinois would win a best of seven series just because they wouldn't get shook up about losing one of the games, UNC's prima-donnas would.

Anyhow, Oskee-wow-wow Illinois!

I think this Illinois squad might be the best college team I've seen since the one Kentucky had in...I wanna say 1996. We'll see if they can keep it up.

LightKnight
    Originally posted by Ka' el Darcverse
    26-0 Baby!

, I don't care what anyone says about UNC's talent and potential, it doesn't really matter when you have 6-7 guys who play in perfect unision no matter which five are on the floor. I think the sports writers have it wrong, Illinois would win a best of seven series just because they wouldn't get shook up about losing one of the games, UNC's prima-donnas would.

Anyhow, Oskee-wow-wow Illinois!
    Thanks Ka’el

I had had a rough day and needed a good laugh and you deliver. Now Illinois is a very good, dare I say a complete team but beat Carolina in a 7 games series??? All I can say is, step away from the crack pipe Now could Ill beat Carolina in a best of three, yes. Look 26-0 is awesome but if Ill was in the ACC the odds of them being 22-4 are slim and none and slim just became anorexic. Yes they beat Wake, well they Pounded wake but that’s just one game. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for cheering me up and there is nothing wrong with being proud of Ill, just don't get crazy

Anuis Ma'artra
    We'll see come tourney time. About your vaunted ACC and their toughness.

Wow talk about about David taking down Goliath what about VT beating Duke that was just unbelievable.

It wasn't that unbelievable. VT is like 4th in the conference right now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast