Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anne Rice fans rejoice!

Shawn
    Interview with the Vampire: Not bad. Definitely a defining piece that changed the way vampires were portrayed. I honestly felt the movie was a little better, but it wouldn't have existed without the strong source material.

The Vampire Lestat: I do think this was my favorite. This was the book that turned Lestat from the demonic antagonist that Louis portrayed him as to an interesting, complicated character. It also introduced much of the mythology surrounding vampires in her world.

Queen of the Damned: Meh. She tried to jump into 3rd person storytelling and it's obvious that she's not very good at it. It was largely devoid of emotion and its segmented method of storytelling didn't work too well, IMO. However, I did like how it explained so much in regards to the history and mythology of vampires.

Tale of the Body Thief: Mostly a filler book. Lestat spends a couple of days as a human being and making commentary on how odd human functions seem to him now.

Memnoch the Devil: A little better than TotBT. Gets pretty religious at points, so that may be a turn off for some. A decent read if you're bored and you want a vampire fix.

I haven't read Pandora in a very long time, but I recall enjoying it. Very romantic, in the classical sense of the word. It's kind of like a history lesson, but with hearts getting ripped out.

So yeah. The first two books are the only ones I can really recommend, and the third is an ok read if you're interested in the history and mythology she's spun. I also think she has some serious sexual issues she needs to stop trying to work out in her novels.

I might add that, despite what she may think, she seriously needs to let an editor go over her work. She's no Hemingway - who, by the way, did use an editor.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Skiing the slippery slopes
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Did you read The Vampire Armand? Or did you rather not like it?

I found it quite enjoyable, along with most the rest of her books that I've read. Armand's tale was..interesting. Of course, if a small, tad-bit of homo-eroticism isn't your bag, you'll have to skip a few pages.

Shawn
    The books I listed are the ones I've read.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Pandora is my favorite by far. I find Lestat kind of boring, to be honest - mostly thanks to The Vampire Lestat. I had a really hard time trying to read that

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I vant to suk yur blud!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Are you ready to laugh? I havent read any of them!! Stephen Kings Dark Tower Serie's is pretty cool though. Robert Jordans books. DragonLance series. To many to list. Just about every comic that has ever came out. I love the Watchmen series. I also like Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Frank Millers stuff. I Just read Everything Eventual, Dark Tower 1,2,3,reading the 4th now. 5,6,7 are all still in hardback. Gonna cost me!! arghh. But I have to know how this ends!!!

Gun them down Roland!!

Back on Topic ( I enjoyed the movies though I thought the second one took away from the first one. Which I thought was more carefully made.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12