Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opperation: Death - Target: Chandrila (Open)

Je'gan Olra'en
    Smart, Rivin, Je'gan telepathed back sarcastically, dispatching another soldier and moving on. Right through the troops. Go ahead; I'll catch up with you later. I know you want to have a talk with me. That's quite all right. I want to have a talk with you just as much.

Dropping all mind-control, he sheathed his blades and moved away, out of the milling mass of soldiers and into the village again.

Where he turned a corner and encountered Rognan Dar. Instantly, he dropped his illusion, keeping his hands nearby his weapons.

"My ally has chosen to flee," he said, somewhat grandiosely. "My place is with him. You are most fortunate that I do not choose to finish you here and now. Until then, farewell." He bowed jerkily and moved away at a run, Illusion making him appear just another bloody, dirty survivor of the village. He actually was quite bloody, and the dirt was easy to add through Illusion, so that should go well.

Just another survivor...

Dark Lord Rivin
    Rivin Zooms past Je'gan and turns around a building to avoid the lightsaber chasing him. As he zooms off along side of the village, he hits a button on his bike a few times, causing it to drop a few powerful explosives set to a two second timer. At the speeds he was moving at it would not be hard for him to get out of there before the bombs go off.

The first one goes off almost as soon as Je'gan says farewell. and and the other 3 he droped go off onesecond after the one before, leveling a few more buildings and sending dibris flying in to the air.

Senator Thareena

The next week...

"Jedi Knight Rognan Dar to see you, Senator." Blair walked into Fa'un's office, and the Senator could see the Jedi in the anteroom behind her.

"Ah, good, send him in."

Thareena rose from her desk as the Jedi knight walked into the office. "It is an honor to meet you, Jedi Knight Dar. Thank you for your efforts on my home planet, Chandrila is most grateful.

"And I am anxious to hear first hand what I've read in the report I got from our security forces on Chandrila." She smiled, and offered him a seat.

Rognan Dar
    Rognan entered the room and looked it over before returning his gaze to the senator. When she motioned him to a seat he waved his hand in refusal.

"I'll stand, thank-you."

He then walked in more and set himself right infront of her desk and put his hands behind his back.

"As you well know, your home planet was attacked by a sith. And, unfortunatly, I have had many run ins with this...man. I have delt with one of his padawans and then he has been showing up himself ever more. And I'm sorry that I was not able to save more civilians. He seemed to want to kill as many as he could in order to distract me or make me angry. Many were killed, not to mention the security forces that were distroyed also.

And I dont know if your reports have listed that there was another sith in the area. After the fight I can now put together many times that things were done by this second sith that hampered with my fight with Rivin and also the result of many more officers deaths."

Senator Thareena
    Thareena found herself sitting back in her chair as her knees went a little weak. "Two..? No, I am afraid that was not in the report." Fa'un thought for a moment, and then collected herself. Rognan felt an underlying thread of fear coming from her, but that could have been expected. Her resolve strengthened, but the terror remained, although contained admirably.

"And you know the name of one... Rivin is what you named him in the report. Have you the identity of the second, or any notion of where they came from?"

Rasha Vill
    Rasha has heard of the incident that happened only a week ago on Thareena's homeworld and from the report that she had received from her people, she could determin that it was a member of TSO that did it. So Rasha thought it best for political reason that She go back to Coruscant and express her sympathy for the loss of so many people.

Just as the last Time Rasha was on Coruscant, She showed up without any warning. Last time She spoke with Thareena, Rasha was only the leader of a city, now she was in charge of the planet Corellia, and the reaction that got this time when she just walks into the building where Thareena's office is was almost more panic within the support staff as when they found her on planet the last time, only this time they didn't even have any notice of her arrival since she came here right from the spaceport.

She walks up to an assistant behind a desk.

"I'm here to speek with Senator Thareena in regards to the event on her homeworld a week ago. Could you please let her know that Mayor Vill of Corellia is here to speek with her?"

Senator Thareena
    Toni Blair, Fa'un's aide, looked up at the newcomer, slightly put out. "I am terribly sorry, but the Senator is in the middle of an important meeting. If you need to speak with her, I can make an appointment for next week."

There was no panic in the room, as everyone had things to do, and no time to waste on a non-Republic official. Toni did press a small black button underneath her desk, notifying security of a possible unfriendly. There would be two officers dispatched to the Chandrilan delegation, where they would wait outside the door discretely. "Ma'am... would you like to make an appointment?" Toni smiled sweetly.

Rasha Vill
    Rasha Smiles at Toni.

"I'm sorry, but I am leaving planet this evening, so I will be unable to make an appointment. I understand that she is busy, but since she is not interested in getting more information about the attacker of her homeworld, I guess I will be leaving now."

Rasha turns and slowly starts to walk back towards the door.

Rognan Dar
    "Yes, I do believe there was two. And it appeared to have been someone Rivin knew. So I assumed it was another Sith. Not to mention he was attacking the security officers. I can not say who it was. And I would not be able to identify him. As far as where they come from: I do not know where their base is. For if the Jedi could find out, then we would have gone and...wipe them out."

Rognan shifted his weight from one foot to the other. Then his brow wrinkled as consurned and contimplating showed from his face.

"But why would they want to attack Chandrila? There was no target that they had in mind. It was just a slaughter. This is a rash move for the Sith to be going out for a little blood bath."

Senator Thareena
    Thareena settled her elbows on her desk, and sighed. "So these Sith, as you call them, attacked Chandrila for no known reason? Such terrorist activites need to be rooted out and destroyed, as you yourself said."

Toni pursed her lips, and then sighed. "If you have information about the terrorist attack on Chandrila last week, then the Senator will likely see you shortly. Please, have a seat." Ms. Blair waited for the woman to sit down across the anteroom from her, and then put her finger to the comm in her ear. She adjusted the extended arm that was the microphone, and dialed up the intercomm for Thareena's office.

The intercomm beeped softly as the Jedi Knight moved to reply, and Thareena regretfully interrupted him. "I apologize, Knight Dar, my aides were told not to disturb the meeting unless it was an emergency." Fa'un flicked the intercom on, "Toni, what is it?"

Toni spoke softly into her headset, so the other woman in the anteroom could not overhear. "I am sorry, Senator, but the woman from Corellia is here. She says she has information about the attack on our planet, and that she is only here for the day."

Thareena's mind reeled for a moment. Rasha Vill, here again? The woman had a habit of showing up in the most unexpected places. "You were right to interrupt, Toni. Please, if it is alright with the Jedi, you may show her in immediately."

Rognan Dar indicated silently that he was also interested in hearing what the figurehead of Corellia had to say. This must mean that the Sith Rivin has connections to the elusive Order! Thareena contained her excitement as Toni relayed to Rasha Vill that the Senator would see her now.

The office doors opened, and Toni smiled tightly at Fa'un. "Mayor Vill, of Corellia." The Mayor walked inside the office, and the aide closed the doors quietly behind her.

Thareena did not stand in welcome. "Mayor Vill, this is an unexpected surprise, although perhaps it should not have been. This is Jedi Knight Rognan Dar, of the Greater Jedi Order. Please, you told my aide you have information about the attack a week ago on Chandila?"

ooc: I hope no one is offended that I am trying to move the story along by RPing some of your actions. /ic:

Rasha Vill
    Rasha smiles as she is told she could wait a moment and see the Senator, and moments later she was being shown into The Senator's office.

Rasha smiles and nods to Thareena and Rognan.

"Greetings Senator, Greetings Jedi Dar, I'm sorry for arriving unanounced again, and I wish to express my condolences for the lives that were lost. I was in the area when I heard what happend to your home. I then called back and checked with some of my soruces within TSO, and I was able to gather more information."

Rasha looks towards Rogana.

"I am assuming that you are the Jedi that was pressent."

After Rognan nodded comfirming her assumption, Rasha continues.

"You then likely know that one of the sith there was a Sith known as Rivin. A member of TSO, But often acts on his own agenda. He is also the owner of a criminal organisation, known as the Molochean Hand. It is rather large but keeps a low profile rather well. Some other actions that my people have put to the actions of the Molochean Hand would include the ransom of a Jedi child, and The poisoning of the water supply on this world, where Rivin was caught by a Jedi but escaped durring the trasportation to the prison.

TSO does not condone his actions, and his actions are not represented as actions of TSO.

The other Sith that was present was also a member of TSO, Named Je'gan Olra'en. He and Rivin do not get along well, and Rivin was heard barging into Je'gan's room accusing him of interfereing in his plans on Chandrila."

Senator Thareena
    Thareena blinked once or twice during the Mayor's speech, but otherwise her face showed nothing except calm. Nothing betrayed what might have been going through her mind. "This Rivin seems to have quite the rap sheet."

Fa'un did not look at Rognan Dar, but kept her eyes causally focused on Rasha Vill. "Please, Mayor, have a seat and make yourself comfortable. What does the government of Corellia have to say about terrorism? I am curious as to what you would do in my place, if offered the same information and circumstances." Her fingers tapped absently on a datapad's surface as she spoke, and she sighed. The day was going to be a very long one, but it would help if she could get some help on knowing where to start.

Corellia was an unlikely ally in this, and asking for advice seemed to be the smart thing to do.

Rognan Dar
    Rognan listened intently. Most of the things Rasha said about Rivin were things that Rog had to deal with personally. And the recollection of it all only made him wish he stopped him before he got away.

"What about the other Sith, Olra'en, is his actions also not condoned by this sith order?"

Rasha Vill
    Rasha looks towards Rognan as she sits down.

"Je'gan's action were much more appropreate. He was protecting another member of the order, He was only harming the people that were attacking, and none other, He saved the life of an infant that was left by Rivin for dead after he killed it's mother. Je'gan's actions were far more noble than Rivin's, And thus the order has less of a problem with his actions."

Rasha looks back at Thareena.

"As for what I would do if this happened to my world, If it was TSO that attacked, then there would be little I could do, since the sith still are in charge of protecting the planet. If they attacked there would be nothing I could do. But if it was some rouge sith that attacked or a Jedi that did something of that effect I would first look for the reason, since everything is always done for a reason. I would then do what ever I could with my political office, to ensure that the attacker didn't get what they want, and Whatever I could to ensure that it never happened again in the same manner as it did the last time. For me, If they fool me once then I count it as a learning experance, If the fool me twice with the same trick, then I am the fool. As of yet in my life I have not been the fool." She adds quietly to herself "and Rivin will not be the first to give me that title."

Senator Thareena
    Thareena nodded thoughtfully, her eyes straying a bit to the Jedi, still standing there quietly. "Fool me twice, indeed." Her finger tapped again, as she appeared to think.

Something Rasha had said had piqued her curiosity. "You say you would make sure that the attacker did not get what they wanted. Are you insinuating that this was not just a random terror strike, but that Rivin stood to gain from this latest attack?"

Rasha Vill
    Rasha Nods at the Senator's Assumption

"Yes, or at least from what was overheard by my agent. Rivin was explaning his Tactic to Je'gan, Which involved a construction company that is on Rivin's pay role.

Apparently days after the distruction of those two towns a number of construction companies started bidding on the contracts to rebuild the towns. Also from what I have found out due to my own research, All of the comapanies pulled out of the bidding, except for two, both of which are owned by the same person.

The person that owns the two construction compainies has also been recorded to be placing large portions of his profit into an unnamed Bank Account that I could trace no further. Though I did find that around the time of the ransom of the Jedi Girl, there was a deposit of approximatly half the amount of the ransom into that account.

So I'm sure from this point, I do not need to finish drawing the lines to where Rivin stood to gain from this."

Senator Thareena
    Thareena shook her head, slowly. "No, you do not." She looked blatantly at the Jedi, wondering what he thought about all this.

Turning her head back towards the Mayor, Thareena steepled her fingers below her chin. "Will you be on Coruscant long, Mayor Vill? It is not a short trip back to Corellia, even though it is a Core world. I couldn't imagine that you have made this trip out here just to speak to me. Is there some way I can get in touch with you while you take care of your other business?"

Rasha Vill
    "I have a ticket on a Ship to go off planet this evening, but if political maters envolving Corellia arise while I'm still on planet, I may end up taking a diffrent flight home. I was accualy only supose to have been on planet long enough to transfer from the ship Arriving from Kashyyyk to the one leaving for Drall, and from there I was going to get a lift back to Corellia. As I said, I heard about the problem, and thought I would stop in while I was on planet.

I know it seems odd that I'm using public transit, But at the moment I'm trying to save a bit of money in staffing and fule costs by taking ships that would be doing the trip anyway. It's a small thing I can do to try and help the budget. As for getting in touch with me..."

Rasha reaches into her purse and pulls out a card, and writes out her personal Comm number and Office Number on the back. on the Front of the card is her buisness card from when she was just in charge of Coronet, and all the info on it has been crossed out.

..."here are some numbers I can be contacted at. If I'm still on planet then you can get me at my personal come number otherwise you can call my office and they can take a message."

Senator Thareena
    Fa'un took the proffered business card, and turned it over in her fingers without looking at it. "Then I will be in touch with you, Mayor Vill. Thank you for your most gracious and timely visit."

The senator stood up from behind the desk, indicating the session was at an end. "If you will excuse me, I must finish my discussion with Jedi Dar. You understand."

Rasha Vill indicated that she did understand, and gracefully bowed out. Toni could deal with her if she had further questions. As the outer door closed, Thareena sat back down in her chair, and let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. Her sharp eyes tracked to the Jedi's, and she asked the only question that remained.

"Tell me, Jedi Dar, was she telling the truth?" Jedi were supposed to be able to discern truth from fiction, and she desperately wanted to know if she'd just been lied to.

Rognan Dar
    This question was one that he was trying to figure out the whole time. Rognan was not the best at empathy, and with his limited Lorrdian abilities, it was still hard to really tell.

"From what I can tell...she is. Most of what she said about Rivin is true. I know that personally. She did not give off any sense of deception or move around in any way to say that she was trying to hide something. She was open on talking about the topic and didn't stay long in areas that I would have been eager to discuss more.

I dont see the logic in her coming. If she has a connection within this Sith order then she must know much more about them then she is saying. And why, now, is she coming forward with such information?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast