Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football

I think Utah will stay unbeaten but that don't help them any. Looking at the schedule Auburn has the hardest schedule since they will get Georgia who is still a very good team, and Tennessee. USC's toughest opponent is Notre Dame and who knows which Notre Dame team will show up. The one that can beat Michigan and Tennessee or the one that can't beat BYU or Boston College. OU has the easiest schedule they have Nebraska and Baylor and what looks like Iowa state (they just have to win one game and they will probably clinch the crappy north) in the title game. Wisconsin still has a tough game with Iowa left, along with Michigan State.

I'm not going to say who will lose...just that it's highly unlikely all 6 current unbeatens(you forgot Boise State) will stay that way.

Cyrel Annat
    Another win for Iowa, though they tried hard at the end to give it away. Can't believe that they had three chances starting in Purdue territory and couldn't put it into the endzone, botching two of the three FGs they attempted as well. Next week will be the big test with them going to the Twin Cities to play the Gophers. Granted, Minnesota's lost a few now, but they'll be tough at home.

I forgot about Boise State no clue why. Well I think Utah is a lock their final two teams are terrible. After that I have no clue. Although OU looks to have a very good chance.

Most likely to lose IMHO

1. Auburn
    2. USC
    3. Wisconson
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Boise State
    6. Utah

I'd be amazed if the Tigers can run the table. Georgia/Bama/Tennessee in consecutive weeks? Wow. Though I do think they are better than all 3 schools.

USC still has 2 rivalry games. Notre Dame could be dangerous if the one that showed up on Saturday comes to play. USC/UCLA will be a battle.

Wisconson still has Iowa to go. Oklahoma has a mediocre Nebraska and perhaps Iowa State in the Big XII title game. Then a gain we thought OU would roll KSU. That sure happened.

I don't think Utah or BSU will be challenged, though Wyoming IS 6-3 and may give Utah a game.

Well Wisconsin is done for the National title. Have no idea how they let MSU blow them out. Auburn had a big win over Georgia, still they better not get too emotional with Alabama coming up.

Oklahoma has a decent sized lead over Nebraska at the moment. I think Auburn will close the gap in both polls, but I'm not sure they'll leap the Sooners. However, if they get close enough the computers could vault them over OU.

Boise State barely avoided the upset..as did Texas(Grrrrrrr). The Ohio State/Purdue game was pretty exciting from what I saw(I was mostly watching the AU/Georgia game at the time). Texas A&M and Tech had a good old fashioned barn burner. Boston College looks like they'll go to the BCS....

The most important game of the day? North Texas can wrap up conference for the 4th year in a row. Things are looking good so far as we near halftime.

Cool that is a big achievement CMJ about OU I think the computers have them heavly favored over Auburn right now, not sure what happens after this weekend. Still, with the new system they added I think as long as OU stays #2 they will be playing in the Orange Bowl. And I don't see OU losing their in any of their last three games. So right now Auburn really needs USC to lose to Notre Dame other wise I think it's OU vs USC in Orange.

That's not really what the analysis I've read says. Most people think if Auburn wins out they'll leap OU. If we totally went by how teams looked this year - I'd say the Tigers should be #1. But pollsters are influenced by how they rated the teams at the beginning of the year. Since USC/OU never lost they're still 1-2 even though Auburn has been the best school all year IMHO.

I think USC is the best but who knows sometimes teams don't show up especially in a big game, so honestly anything can happen.

Well...I would rate the Trojans #1 based on the defending champion angle...but Auburn has been the best team all year long IMHO. You can make a case for Oklahoma, USC, or Auburn though.

If this Utah game can ever get started we'll see if they can move up. The Badgers loss definitely helps the Utes...who should move up into the #6 slot.

I think between that and Georgia losing Utah should get a BCS bid if they win out. They have no shot at a national title though. Auburn, USC, and OU could all lose and Utah still wouldn't be playing in that game.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    I think between that and Georgia losing Utah should get a BCS bid if they win out. They have no shot at a national title though. Auburn, USC, and OU could all lose and Utah still wouldn't be playing in that game.
    I agree...but if that scenario occurs Boise State might end up in the top 6 with Utah. That would be hilarious...

Heh yeah it would, although I think Cal would go to a BCS game over Boise. Not sure where Texas fits in to this.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

To me, if Auburn finishes the season undefeated and isn't in the national title game, it's further evidence that pre-season polls need to be abolished. No polls until they are needed to compute the first BCS rankings (ie, the second week of October).

Nothing against USC or Oklahoma, but Auburn's level of competition is higher than either of them. Getting through the SEC without a loss would be much more impressive than the same feat in the Big 12 or Pac-10.

I'm against pre-season polls too. But they sell newspapers and all those preseason magazines.

Actually I think it shows the need for a playoff system. If there are three unbeatens from major conferences how really can you argue that one of them don't belong in that game?

Actually I think it shows the need for a playoff system. If there are three unbeatens from major conferences how really can you argue that one of them don't belong in that game?
    A fair playoff system will never be agreed to...which is why I don't want one.

well any playoff system if fairer than the way it is now. But that is my two cents.

well any playoff system if fairer than the way it is now. But that is my two cents.
    Nope, because it will further relegate the Mid-Majors to mediocrity. A playoff system with 8 schools(winner of the 6 major conferences with 2 at large) would probably kill all the other bowl games within 10-15 years. That would probably bankrupt the Mid-Major conferences and member schools...because we would have absolutely nothing to play for.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast