Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: College Football

Yep...and I can't believe it but I'm actually kind of pulling for the Vols at this point. I don't want that controversy this year.

Just as we say Tennessee can win Auburn adds another TD. I don't think they can come back. There will be controversy this year. If it is any cosolation though I don't think it is going to change anything.

After this I gotta say there is no question in my mind Auburn is #1. Unless they blow out VA Tech in the Sugar Bowl and USC or OU win close(giving the AP a reason to change their mind) the Tigers won't get a piece of the title. Oh well, sucks for them - but it's not quite Penn State in '94.

Still there is no way we could know. Auburn could have gotten beat by either USC or OU it is impossible to say for sure.

I agree. Who knows? It IS possible that the AP could give the Tigers a piece, but like I said...even if they don't it's not as bad as when PSU got jobbed in '94. The Nittany Lions were one of the best college teams I've ever seen period. I still can't believe Nebraska was undisputed champs that year.

Yeah that was really ridiculous, that showed how bad it was back then.

So, we gonna have the Bowl competition this year like the last couple? Two years ago Jedieb won and last year I did. It's been fun both times.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Originally posted by CMJ
    So, we gonna have the Bowl competition this year like the last couple? Two years ago Jedieb won and last year I did. It's been fun both times.
    Sure... I'll organize something later this week.

Only surprise so far is that Texas jumped Cal to get the Rose Bowl slot against Michigan.

Yeah that is because Cal played poorly against Southern Miss. That hurt them. So who is going to win the heisman?? If he wasn't a freshman I say Petersen from Oklahoma he has been amazing this year.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Originally posted by Figrin D'an
    Sure... I'll organize something later this week.

Okay... I lied. I was bored, so I put up the thread right away. Feel free to start picking games.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    So who is going to win the heisman?? If he wasn't a freshman I say Petersen from Oklahoma he has been amazing this year.
    This has been one of the more lackluster Heisman years, IMO. The guys considered the real contenders are decent players with okay stats, but like last year, no one really stands out as exceptional

The Heisman is so overhyped that a lot of people just don't care anymore, and I count myself among them.

Pertersen and Bush are both outstanding players, IMO although both are underclassmen and that could hurt them.

I'd vote for Reggie Bush, but I think White will probably win his 2nd in a row.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I agree that Bush and Peterson have been outstanding, but they aren't real contenders, simply because of the situation at hand. It's going to come down to Jason White and Matt Leinart, with the winner being whomever has the teammate (Peterson or Bush) who takes away the fewest votes from him.

For me, I knew I had lost all interest in the Heisman Trophy when, even earlier in the season when Purdue's Kyle Orton was considered the favorite, I was sick of hearing about it. It's more overhyped than any MVP award in any other sport or league, and it rarely goes to the actual best player because of the fools that make up it's voting pool and their insistance to adhere to stupid traditions (like not giving it to underclassmen).

Well the BCS might be dead with the AP saying they will not participate any more in it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...van&id=1951170

I kind of like the committe approach it works in basketball. Maybe this will one day lead to a playoff system is my hope.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789