Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polar Opposites (Lorani)

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Jenny
    Vega watches, somewhat hopeful that this time the illusion will completely surround the child. “It’s no easy skill. Even the best of Sith find illusions tricky. I think it would be best,” he continued, “if we focused on simpler tasks first, so that you gain a sound base knowledge of the Force before attempting to build on more complicated abilities.”

He dipped his hand into his coat pocket, and procured an old-fashioned lighter, meant for lighting stims and cigarras. “What you are going to learn to do is… to extinguish this flame.” The lighter sparked and a little flicker of fire danced inside of it. Vega, demonstrating, spread his hands apart. Then, motioning faintly towards the lighter, he caused the fire to die.

“How do you think I did that?” he asked.

Lorani T'sava
    Lorani watches with interest as Vega lights the lighter, and then extinguishes the flame. There is only one answer that she can come up with.

"You used the Force to extinguish the flame."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “How? Think. There is more than one way that I could have done that.”

Lorani T'sava
    "Maybe you could remove the oxygen from around the flame and keep the oxygen away."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Perhaps,” Vega nodded in approval, although that had not been the answer he had been looking for. “Another way to approach the task would be to try and use the Force as an extension of your own body – an aura, if you will… so that when you were within a certain distance of it, you could affect the flame without physically touching it.” Having said this, he watched to see Lorani’s reaction, wondering if the penny would drop.

Lorani T'sava
    "So basically, I could use the Force as an extension of myself, like another hand and put out the flame."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Precisely. No doubt you can imagine the countless situations this could be applied to… it is an invaluable skill to possess, not least of all, in combat, allowing you to strengthen attacks and also – obviously – attack from a distance.” He motioned to the lighter, reigniting the flame.

Lorani T'sava
    "But how exactly does a person do that though?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Telekinesis. The same way that you extinguish the flame. The only difference is the strength with which the Force works through you. It’s quite simple really.”

Lorani T'sava
    Lorani gets a slight frown on her face at the mention of telekinesis.

"And if the person is unable to use telekinesis or has an extremely difficult time with it, how else could a person do that?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Vega paused, then frowned slightly. “I’m afraid the only other way to augment your strength would be to increase the normal way – through physical training.”

Lorani T'sava
    Lorani nods her head slightly at this.

"Ok."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12