Page 1 of 61 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Long Countdown

The Last Long Countdown

I thought it would be both cool and a bit sadistic to have a countdown running wire to wire this time. What better way to countdown to the last Star Wars movie than by counting the days in between them? I’ve chosen May 19th as a date to countdown to because it mirrors the date of EP2. I don’t mind if the whole countdown gets adjusted once we get the official release date. I just want to try to keep this alive the same way we were all able to keep JMK’s countdown alive. So here we go, the last long countdown....

Begun, this Clone War has!

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

Man that is a long way to go. I guess if this one survives it will be even longer than the last one. I think JMK started it with about 900 some days to go.

JMK
    I think it was 894 days to be exact. I'd have to check though.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    I read somewhere that it was to be released on the 25th, (the anniversary of ANH or something like that) so here is my little counter for that date, which can also be adjusted as the release date is made official.

******** SRC=http://thesithempire.clanpages.com/ticker.htm height=40 width=425 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 scrolling=no frameborder=0>***********

Darth McBain
    Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    Man that is a long way to go.
    We'll make it. It will go through its ups and downs, just like the Ep. II one, but we'll make it - no doubt about it.

When is Memorial Day? Because that will make a difference it seems like it will be the 2 Thursday before Memorial day weekend.

Marcus Telcontar
    ROFL!

Counting down already!

This year would have been the 25th anniversary and they completely ignored the 25th of May. The 25th of May in 2005 is on a Wed. so that would seem appropriate. But I think the market and Lucasfilm will determine when it's released. The way the summer box office season has been starting earlier and earlier I think we'll see a release date that's earlier than later. But for nostalgia's sake I say we go with SW Fan's date. So tomorrow should be day 1103 to whoever posts it.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    I agree with your assessment and have placed the counter on the portal page to also run with a tentative release date of May 25th until we hear official word otherwise.

sirdizzy

"the party's over"

hey look a aotc quote

We've switched dates dizzy.

1103 Days to go
    "Anakin NOOO!"

sirdizzy
    then shouldn't i get the count and not you

It doesn't matter dizzy, I just posted it to show the correct number. If you want the credit then it's ALL yours.

JMK
    1102 days left till Episode 3. I've said it before, I'll say it again, enjoy the wait, it's the last one we'll ever have!

sirdizzy
    its sad i don't think there will ever be another star wars film after episode 3

sirdizzy

"this party's over"

ok there i got to say my aotc line

JonathanLB

Dang

Yeah that is sad, the last, long wait. I don't want the wait to "go fast," hehe, it's fine by me if we stay between films for a long while I love Episode II and I'm sure it'll be great having 5 of the films available for home viewing not too long from now, hehe.

Though we as SW fans will have other great memories after Episode III, no doubt. Star Wars Classic Trilogy on DVD, for instance, the ultimate editions in theaters (been discussed and confirmed time and again). It will rule when all of the films return to theaters for one last HURRAH! If either of the last two prequels makes it fairly close to Titanic, who knows, could be a significant re-release for them all. It just depends how they do it, but even ANH will receive a large boost, especially if all of the OT is redone slightly, so that they change a few effects shots, maybe add a small thing or two here and there, as Lucas had talked about once. Completing his work, basically, so that he can lay it down and be satisfied with Star Wars. Finished. Finally.

sirdizzy
    1100 days to go

"the dark side clouds everything"

sirdizzy
    1099 days to go

"i truely deeply love you

Page 1 of 61 12341151 ... LastLast