Finding a Body

1. Darth Acera
    Darth Acera
    I figure we can get in some good planning here, Ezra.

I suppose the the first thing to do is start going about figuring out how Ezra comes across the notion to 'resurrect' her. Has she been haunting his dreams? Has he heard of her at some point, and wishes to try his hand at putting her back together?

If you've got other ideas, definitely let me know.
  2. Ezra Na'chtion
    Ezra Na'chtion
    This is the primary question. As mentioned before, he does not need much motivation to attempt a resurrection. The challenge of trying to bring an entity back to life completely, something he has not done before, will be motivation enough. He has a lot of resource material in Alcehmic books and holocrons taken from the ruins of the Sith Order's old temple on Korriban.

As for where he gets the idea from, I'm not entirely sure. He relatively sequestered away on Tanaab at the moment, running the Academy. Has he heard of Acera? Not likely unless she's recorded a holocron that he could have stumbled across. Haunting his is definitely an option depending on how powerful she is in her disembodied form. I'm not sure what her incorporeal essence is capable of. Could she attach herself to him, essentially sharing his body? Like using it as an anchor/food source and bugging the shit out of him to make her a body?

How she would be attracted to him in the first place might need more explaining. The Sith Order isn't so big and powerful that it would be a darkside beacon. Tanaab does have history with battles from the Sith Wars taking place on it's surface. Plus the castle they are in is an old fortress from the war. Ezra is becoming a pretty incredibly evil person, and that could attract Acera. His cruelty with how he handles his subjects, like the slum children, has become one of his defining features. He's also a Lord of the Sith. She could be attracted to his title alone. Should she be looking for alchemists in particular she might just happen across him out of all the few alchemists in existence.

She could even possess one of his zombies while looking for an empty vessel to hold her soul. Obviously a decomposing body wouldn't be the most ideal and she would demand something better, which he could make for her from scratch using the materials at his disposal. Would they need anything else to bring her back, other than an empty body for her to inhabit? Are the expelled ashes something that needs to be found and collected as part of the ritual, or perhaps something from S'Il herself?

Mostly just throwing out whatever comes to mind.
  3. Darth Acera
    Darth Acera
    s'Il's' connection to Sanis, and Razadi's connection to Sanis might allow a sliver of an opening. It could be that she senses a common thread with Sanis' 'scent' or lingering essence or whatever, and follows it to Tanaab. Once there, she immediately senses Ezra and abandons her curiosity in Razadi for the much more enticing Sith Lord. So it could be that she slowly begins to encroach on his awareness; starting with dreams, and progressing to visions?

I'm very open to whatever, since it's fun to fill in the blanks so long as they're workable. It could even be that the closer the tides of the Force bring her to Tanaab and the fortress, she is able to draw a small measure of power from the planet's history with the Sith, therefor allowing her the strength to move past the ethereal veil to affect Ezra's subconscious (dreams/visions). I'm thinking a bit Event Horizon at this point, with Dr. Weir and his visions.

I know we talked about Ezra turning Razadi into a monster, but it might be interesting if - when we get to this juncture - he uses Razadi as the body. Just a thought.

The ashes themselves don't really need to be found, I think. They were more a physical manifestation of the Dark, and when they flaked away aboard Sol's ship, they were more or less returning to the Force. At least, that's my thinking.
  4. Sianna
    Sianna
    Perhaps while Ezra's meditating and one with the Force, she senses him and that opens the door. Drawing a spirit into a body is more Sith Sorcery which Sianna is good at - rituals and such. They would just have to have the vessel to accept it on hand.
  5. Ezra Na'chtion
    Ezra Na'chtion
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Once Ezra has been haunted, influenced, and driven a bit mad by Acera's influence, he can reach out to Sianna for help with binding Acera's essence to a form. He already knows she's a priestess and mystical type, so she would be at the top of his list of people to ask for help. There isn't anyone else at the academy who is capable of such.

I don't remember anything about turning Razadi into a monster, unless it was on a metaphorical level. Like stripping her humanity away. Turning her into an actual monster is totally doable too. At the moment I was interested in taking her failure, twisting it, and showing it to her. Seeing if she can face what she had done and take the necessary steps to fix it. If you want to use her as a body for Acera that's fine with me. Did you want that to be Acera's permanent host or just a temporary one?
  6. Darth Acera
    Darth Acera
    It was probably metaphysical, tbh. I know that something horrid was planned for her, but beyond that my brain powers crapped out.

I think for the time being a temporary host works well (graaaah I want photoshop back for manipulations). We could have it take place soon after Equivalent Exchange if you'd like. Something that lends weight to Razadi's understanding of what Ezra is.

As for the haunting, we can start that whenever you're ready. I'd be happy to get the ball rolling on that one.

Plus, I would enjoy some interaction with Sianna at some point; whether it is directly after the transference or just before. I'm open to either.
  7. Sianna
    Sianna
    I'm always up for interactions, so anytime.
  8. Ezra Na'chtion
    Ezra Na'chtion
    (Adobe now allows you to pay for a monthly license to use photoshop. It's pretty cheap. I think I'm paying something like $10 a month for access to photoshop. Yeah, it sucks to have to pay for it, but it's so much less of a headache than trying to pirate a copy.)

Alright. Sounds good to me. Let's see if we can wrap up Equivalent Exchange. It shouldn't really go on much longer. We hit the climax already. Now it's just debilitating aftershocks. Feel free to start haunting Ezra whenever you are ready.
  9. Darth Acera
    Darth Acera
    I'll start putting together a post tonight, then.