Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kas Tulisha Abia Al Port

Aurora glanced at Maize over her shoulder at his weird question about her brother. He really was way too deep into his problems. It wasn't that she dared think she understood. In a way it comforted her in having avoided being in love for the past fifteen years or so. It limited stress and worry. Granted she was still a little bit of a mother hen at times with people she cared about but avoiding matters of the heart or whatever flowery crap people called it was a good thing in her book.

"Nah. We went there the three of us back in the day; but I don't know where he is today."

She shrugged as they reached the parking lot and she led them to her vehicle, before hopping into the driver's seat.

"He was on another blue milk delivery last time I talked to him. The usual."

Powering up the engines, she headed towards the exit. Now that she thought about it, this had been a while since they had actually talked. It wasn't unusual for them not to talk all the time; but it had been a few months now and she should correct that. Hell, he could even be the one checking on her at times when she was too busy chasing her latest juicy and entertaining contract.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    "Oh," Maize said simply.

And then, the moment was gone. It was Aurora with whom Maize had a better relationship anyway. Spark was... awkward, to say the least.

Frustration rippled through the dark-haired Corellian as Aurora drove them to the tavern she had in mind. He closed his eyes, picturing his wife in his mind. It had been so long that she'd been "away" that the picture in his mind was not as crystal clear as it had been. Realizing that only angered him more, though. Fists clenched in his lap, he reveled in that pain because he didn't know what else to do.

Forcing himself out of that misery, Maize took a deep breath and re-opened his eyes. He side-eyed Aurora.

"So, besides taking me to get drunk, what's next for you?"

Aurora zig-zagged her way through the Coronet traffic. She might not have grown up in the city but she had learned to carve her space including when driving, two decades ago, and she wasn't going to let anyone forget it, including the idiots who didn't know how to drive. She didn't mind people too much but there were way too many morons in this freaking galaxy.

She eventually got them to the outskirts of the city, in the area where the hole in the wall tavern was located. It shouldn't take much longer before getting there. And she was hungry. It was weird but maybe it was stress eating due to how Maize's presence and dangerously shattered state of being. It was almost palpable even though now it had returned to the disquiet humming in her surroundings. She didn't know how actual Force users could handle this type of mess. She was fine not knowing!

When her fellow Corellian inquired about her upcoming plans, she shrugged.

"Not sure yet. I have a couple of contracts coming up in the next few weeks. I'll shoot a message to Spark as well. What about you?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    Maize lifted his brows. His shoulders both twitched too, then he sighed. "I have no frakking idea."

Kassandra was gone. The kids had their own lives. Sure, Maize had the company and being its CEO kept him infinitely busy, but. He had devoted so much time and energy into trying to track down his missing wife--

Former wife? he mind chirp, annoyingly.

--that now, he really had no idea what to do with himself. Was running the company enough for him? Did it mean anything to him at all, really?

Maize didn't know the answer to any of the questions now rattling around his skull, and that was unsettling. He scowled at Aurora simply because her reply to his question was what prompted all of these further thoughts.

"Maybe I'll become a blue milk salesman too," he snarked.

And here she went again! Opening her mouth and saying all the wrong things. Oh well, she wasn't going to take it back, even when she felt Maize's grumpy and somewhat accusing gaze upon her.

"Chill, Maize," she retorted.

She burst into laughter at what he eventually added.

"Yeah, I can see you woo all the farmgirls and be among all these peasants."

They arrived to the parking lot near the tavern, and then led the way. She waved to the woman in her mid fifties at the bar.

"Hey Hania! Is my table available?"

The woman smiled and gestured towards the corner booth. "Of course, sweetie! Bringing you the menus in a minute!"

Aurora slid into the booth, and looked at Maize. "What do you want to drink? Hania know I always go for my usual ale."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Cameron
    For a split second, the idea of uprooting his life in order to frak random farmgirls on blue milk runs didn't sound all that bad... But, then Aurora had to startle him out of that brief fantasy by startling him when she called out to the barmaid. He scowled at her just because that imaginary notion had sounded kind of fun.

"Corellian Ale," Maize replied.

In that moment, he was tired of fancy wines and champagne consumed with other gazillionaires at business meetings and soirees. Maize growled softly to himself, tired of his whole life, especially in the last several years that were spent waiting.

"And a fiery nerf burger. And don't let her scrimp me on the crisps."

He hadn't even seen the menu yet!

Aurora was undisturbed by Maize's scowl. It took way more than that to worry her. And she knew he was in a weird state of mind to put it mildly. She wasn't going to stick around Coronet City for more than a couple of days but she could still prove a distraction for a bit. Granted, she knew he might be more annoyed at her than anything else, but at least during that time he wasn't going down the rabbit hole of obsessing over freaking Kas. Sure thing, his wife was the hot as hell kind and she knew their relationship had been volatile and profound, but hell, the galaxy was a wide place with lots of opportunities. Or maybe she was just perfectly happy not to find herself entranced with someone again.

She grinned when he placed his order and soon afterwards, Hania brought a first dish of crisps to share while the rest of their order was prepared. Without hesitation, she picked a couple and happily dipped them in one of the spicy dips on the side.

"Good choice, by the way."

Taking a swig of her ale when the waiter brought their drinks, she noticed how the younger man eyed Maize appreciatively and it amused her, although she kept that to herself.

"So, how's business? Word on the street is that you may be having a couple of juicy contracts in the pipeline."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12