Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House of the Cat Lady

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha

Closed Roleplay [WoD] House of the Cat Lady

The days following her encounter with Nara had been busy and difficult for Roxane. The change of Priyo made her less and less sociable by the day; but with the new ally and band in town, she couldn't afford to take much time off. She knew ways to go around her issues after such a long life, but it didn't necessarily make it easy. When she could escape the world she loved surrendering to her dark practices and hone her mystic side, plot some revenge that might never happen but that still tasted bloody good in her mind.

No matter what, she had made a promise besides hiring Nara and her band. The Bastet was a woman of her word. She had driven to an old cottage outside of London the previous night and had only come back in the early afternoon to the Moonstone Cafe, a couple of hours before Nara and her crew would show up. She had caught up with Lila and checked on with the other employees how things were going. Thankfully Lila was a gem who kept things running smoothly, and she knew about Roxane's conditions, for she had chosen to let her know when Lila had kind of become her right arm or second in command, even though that sounded either very old school or just obnoxious. They both used those terms and were fine with it, so it was what mattered.

Roxane then disappeared into the small office she kept at the back of the establishment, closer to the bar and music scene than to the front. Once there, she shifted into her cat form. It helped her feel grounded when she was unsettled. She was better than the previous day, but she could use all her energy for spending time with Nara and help her and her band check the place and figure things out, especially since Isabelle was still in France for a while.

Sneaking outside her office, she went to wander into the front of the Moonstone Cafe, jumped on a few tables, headbutted a couple of regulars who always marveled at her cat look. It was a little bit of ego fluffing but she didn't care. She stretched her ears out when she heard Nara's voice at some point, and watched her and her crew come inside from afar.

When she saw Nara speak to Lila, she moved and walked to Nara, meowing at her to catch her attention. The strong Galliard scent to her cat nose went against her desire to be close, but she knew how to quiet this side of her. Back in the day when she stayed with Cormac and other Galliards, she used to sleep in her cat form at night, the uncanny feline in the camp, because it kept her warmer and had helped have fewer nightmares.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

What a fine looking bitch.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    The band was ecstatic that Nara's lead panned out, though Kevin tried to convince the lot of them that he knew it was going to work out all right. He was the loudest naysayer about the visit to the cafe, believing that Nara's immortal friend wasn't in her right mind so how could they trust Michele's information? He wasn't wrong with that assessment - Michele's heart was raw with loss, but the Garou was confident that her friend had her best interest at heart. Poking her nose around other Garou friendly areas had solidified that Roxane's establishment was the right place for them to start getting their name out. Of course the promise that Nara made to the Bastet drove that decision - the oath awakening a primal instinct in the Fury that had remain dormant for centuries until her birth.

Things moved quickly once Esoterica was in agreement on seeing the venue. They found two flats for rental that were within their budget, her kin working leads on regular jobs to supplement the money they were going to make at the club. She was a bit wary about that since nothing had been agreed upon yet, but Nara had a good feeling about the club. Worse case, she could call on favors from the local Black Fury tribe but that would only be used as a last resort.

Her kin were highly adaptable, always managing to find work - that faith was not lost here in London.

"Aww! Look at the pretty kitty!" cooed Vicky as she spied the cat, unawares that was their host! The other three members of the band looked over at their squealing kin.

Nara momentarily broke her attention away from Lila and their non critical conversation about scones, to see what the commotion was about. She fought a grin, amused at the sight of her bassist giving the feline scritches behind its ears, well aware of who that was. Those eyes were burned into her memory the moment she first saw them - that brief moment that Roxane's control slipped. The klaive hidden in her jacket pulsed with magic as if coaxing Nara to remember her oath. As if she needed reminding.

Tongue in cheek, Nara turned to lean against the counter. "Pretty kitty indeed."
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Jun 23rd, 2019 at 02:12:13 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Roxane observed all the band members, even though she had given her attention to Nara first. Even though they had met only a few days ago, the oath given and the ancestral tie between them made Nara's scene one so easy to recognize, whether in human or cat form. It was rare for the Bastet that such a connection happened in such a short amount of time.

She was very much enjoying getting attention from that other girl musician. She found feline delight in being called a pretty kitty. It was funny how her mood could swing in certain ways depending on what shape she was currently using. Her feline form allowed for both a good clawing of an idiot, or fancy compliments.

She walked to Nara and gave the feline equivalent of a grin as she headbutted her ankle, wrapping herself around it, catching the attention of the whole band. She purred at the Galliard before scampering off towards the back area where they would be able to check the venue.

She briefly paused and looked at Nara, before making an escape for a nearby hallway. It was time for her to return to the land of human-looking people.
    Last edited by Roxane McDonnell; Jun 30th, 2019 at 09:59:00 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Nara watched in delight at Roxane's show of feline affection, creating a warmth within the Garou that she dismissed as anything more than the usual feeling one gets when an animal gave you a friendly greeting. She smiled at the retreating feline but before she could instruct her band to follow, Vicki chimed in.

"Aww, no fair. Animals always love you."

"Well, not that much since the cat ran off." Paul chipped in a bit snarky. He was still acclimating to the time differences and hadn't slept proper since the night before their plane left Chicago. He'd been trying to find his groove with his instruments but the keyboard and guitar were being stubborn - which was really just his attitude. He understood why they were here, but it was a difficult adjustment.

"More of a trot," observed Kevin, the band's drummer, bringing his index and middle finger up in demonstration as to how the cat ran off.

Ethan munched on a muffin and looked bemused at Nara. She was looking distant and the guitarist wondered what was going on in that head of hers. Nara hadn't been herself since the Garou ended things with Brigid ...

"To clarify it was a trot. And it was our host we shouldn't keep waiting." She got off the counter and headed towards the back. "Come on."

The four of them exchanged confused looks, though Ethan's lips were tinged with powdered sugar when he shrugged. They quickly followed behind her into the adjoining room. There were murmurs among the group about how it reminded them of their usual venue back in Chicago. They liked the intimate ambiance and scouted the stage, debating on how to best set up.

Nara drowned them out, eagerly searching for Roxane - as cat or human ...

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    It was only a few quick minutes before Roxane appeared in her human form, now wearing a teal relaxed dress and black boots. Her slightly untamed blonde mane fell loosely over her shoulders. Not only did she favor practical clothing whenever shifting, but she also didn't want to make her guests and new artists wait too long.

She smiled when she saw the musicians look around the venue area of the Moonstone Cafe. She was eager to hear them play. She loved the idea of having other preternatural perform here. Of course she had had a few humans and didn't shun them out; but she still considered her establishment a haven for people of her kind.

Yet her attention drifted naturally towards Nara, who must have been waiting for her, given how the Galliard was looking in her direction the moment their eyes met.

The Bastet was still wrapping her mind around how they had established such a connection in such a long time. It had stayed on her mind since they had parted ways only a few days ago. She had been too much for most of her life, and being one of the very last of her kind for centuries, had made her unlikely to forge deep bonds, also due to her changing moods, which weren't something she chose to go through, but the plight of her nature.

"Hello,"
    she said as she walked up to Nara, her smile widening.

"Thanks for showing up with your band,"
    she added.

She waved to everyone.

"Hi all, I saw moments ago you enjoyed our pastries. I hope the venue is up to your liking as well. Does anyone need more to drink or eat while we chat? I'll personally stay away from the cat food for now!"

The last part was in jest besides freely confirming she was the cat who had greeted them upon arrival.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Paul's mouth went slack at Roxane's appearance. He was almost on the verge of drooling. "Nara! You didn't say how gorgeous Roxane was! I mean you - Oof!"

He was cut off from saying anything else that was terribly blunt or incriminating for the Garou, by a swift backhand against his chest. He rubbed at the spot, casting daggers with a look towards his friend.

"Sorry. Paul forgets his filter," explained the Garou with a wave of her hand. "As in, he doesn't have one."

The irritation at her kin's behavior eventually smoothed away the crinkles on her forehead, delighted to see Roxane again. "I'm glad you can all finally meet."

When Roxane waved, Vicki and Ethan waved back with a quick tilt of their hands by the wrist, Paul gave her a polite, but disgruntled, nod while still rubbing his chest. Kevin had his arms crossed and was not impressed - until their host confirmed that she was the cat. Then he smile ever so slightly.

"Wow! That's ... that's amazing." Vicki beamed and tucked tuft of blonde hair behind her ear looking a bit shy, her words trailing off. "Hope you didn't mind the pretty kitty comment..."

"Holy shit!" Paul unfortunately found his voice again. " I didn't know Bastet could come in house cat!"

Nara cringed and felt her face flush with embarrassment. She wanted to desperately shift to wolf, tuck her tail between her legs, and run.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    That one guy, Paul as Roxane learned quickly, would almost need a bucket if she wanted her floors to remain clean. She couldn't help grinning at Nara's backhand smacking against his chest. She gave a thankful nod to the Garou, even though she had heard much more offensive remarks.

"I can see the lack of filter. Paper napkins are behind you, Paul. And if you require an actual bucket, I can show you where the cleaning closet is."

She returned her attention to Nara and nodded to her words about all of them meeting.

"I look forward to hearing you perform together."

She was happy with Vicki's reaction that she was the cat. She chuckled and dismissed her concerns about being called a pretty kitty.

"I liked it, so please don't worry about it. It fluffs my feline ego," she replied with a wink.

She walked up to Paul when he talked about domestic cats. She almost hissed at him, although it wasn't completely aggressive.

"I can be domestic when I choose to. Also, I make great use of my scratching posts to keep my claws sharp, and I'm still a damn good hunter with strong teeth."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ethan snickered, covering the amused grin with the back of his hand. Paul and his big mouth often was a source of amusement for the band. He just didn't know when to quit and if it weren't for his status as kin, the verbal abuse he received would have physical connotations as well. Roxane's threats were nothing new, but Nara did find the Bastet spin on them rather endearing.

Vicki, on the other hand, was practically preening with that wink before she, and the rest of the band, shrunk back at the ferocity that Roxane exuded as she reprimanded Paul for the second time.

Nara enjoyed the performance. Roxane was a fierce entity that had all claw and bite behind her words. Almost like a goddess with her shimmering blonde hair cascading along her shoulders, partially illuminated by the stage lights that were turned on for the band's benefit.

She blinked when Kevin pat her shoulder, catching that the Garou was staring at Roxane with attentive eyes that should've have strayed long ago. She gave him a puzzled look but he shook his head.

"Think you need to save, Paul. Again."

Nara agreed with a disgruntled nod before looking at Paul. He was backed against a chair with a twitching cheek at Roxane, eyes frantically looking for sharp teeth or claws to come out to attack him.

"Ethan." Nara was happy her voice came out strong and playful despite her throat becoming surprisingly dry. "Why don't you take Paul on stage and figure out our setup?"

He nodded with an amused grin and slapped Paul on the shoulder before tugging his shirt to slither free from between the chair and the Bastet's piercing gaze. "C'mon you."

Nara slowly walked to Roxane, looking apologetic. "Sorry about that. We joke that one day, his kin status won't matter and he's gonna get his ass actually kicked."

"Oh it's so true," Vicki chimed in. "One time the majority of Nara's Sept were chasing him around as wolves. What the hell did he say?"

"Something about the moon is full and so was his pants. In his defense, the idiot was drunk," said Kevin with a shake of his head.

"And that's my band!" Nara interjected before more Paul stories were revealed and pointed out to their host. "Vicki, Kevin, Ethan, and Paul. One big ass dysfunctional lot ..."
    Last edited by Nara McKenna; Jul 9th, 2019 at 09:30:09 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Roxane was more amused than irate over Paul's remarks. She was the first to jest even in dry if not inappropriate way on a regular basis. Yet she didn't tolerate being considered lesser than what one might expect from a Bastet, especially given the slightly concealed fact that she was one of the last member of her tribe. She took great pride in reminding people she was no one to be considered defenseless.

Also, the terrified look on his face was quite entertaining, and she might be getting a silly kick out of it, given how little she was doing but enough to scare him.

Oblivious to Nara's reactions to her display of skills and pride, she stood stoically, her expression eventually softening as Nara stepped in to rescue Paul's sorry ass. She nodded to him and Ethan when they were to check the stage.

"If you need any technical information, please let me know," she offered as if nothing had happened, her feline aloofness taking over for the moment.

She stared as Paul stories were relayed, and her loud laughter erupted in the otherwise quiet of the room. She had a fit of evil giggles, as several indecent parries to his antics back then came through her mind.

"I take it the whisky dick stage hadn't been fully achieved yet, then,"
    she quipped sarcastically.

When Nara then introduced each band member by name, she nodded, committing each of them to memory. She couldn't help smiling at the way the Galliard described them.

"Dysfunctional lot? Welcome aboard, I think you'll find the Moonstone Cafe to be good for our kind."

And yes, she considered herself part of the dysfunctional supernatural community for sure. As a Bastet, especially one like her, it was hard not to be, really.

"My music manager, Isabelle, will be back in about a week; but I already told her I hired you. She knows my music tastes, so she wasn't surprised."

Isabelle had thought it was crazy to go for a hard rock band, but she knew better than argue with Roxane over such type of music. At least her friend and collaborator would be able to get some mainstream and electronic vibes during her stay in France.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ethan gave her a grateful salute before patting Paul on the back of the shoulder. They climbed onto the stage and started milling about with long looks, pointing at the lighting system, and making grand gestures where to place things. Course Paul looked up, paled at the sound of Roxane laughing riotously.

"Shit. She's still talking about me, ain't she?" Paul asked with a tremble in his voice.

Ethan shrugged. "Probably. So just keep working and ignore them."

Though the rest of the group still laughing wasn't helping matters.

Kevin barked, eyes wet with tears with how hard he was laughing. Vicki was almost doubled over, clutching at her middle, while Nara just watched the entire scene unfold with big grin on her face. Before Roxane could catch it, she smoothed her features out and nodded.

"Esoterica's happy to find a new home. And so quickly!" Nara chuckled, remembering that Roxane's manager was trying to widen the scope of music at the cafe, but Nara's talents convinced the owner to bring them on - as well as their shared past, or past life in the Garou's case.

"Yeah." Kevin elbowed Nara, which made her crinkle her nose at him. "Nara told us how she sweet talked her way into a gig."

At that, she rolled her eyes. "I sang. And really damn good to get the gig. There was no sweet talking."
    Last edited by Nara McKenna; Jul 13th, 2019 at 02:51:33 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Roxane couldn't help rejoicing at the sight of everyone laughing in tears because of how she carried on the jokes from Paul's story. While she welcomed all sorts of patrons to the Moonstone Cafe, the music and bar area had always been the side she considered more adult, so she felt freer to make below the belt jokes in this part, while ensuring that the front section with the pastries and bookstore remained more children-friendly. Granted, she had dropped her number of F bombs in front of shocked audiences; but that was part of life.

"It'd have been a shame not to offer you guys a gig! I don't know who pointed you in the direction of the Moonstone Cafe, but they've earned drinks and pastries on the house for sure,"
    the blonde replied wholeheartedly. Not only did she get to hire talented musicians but finding Nara, and discovering the connection that bound them had been so unexpected.

She chuckled at Kevin's jest about how Nara had got them the gig. She nodded to the Galliard's recounting of how she sang.

"It was a beautifully haunting rendition for sure."

She canted her head to the side.

"Although now I wonder whether I missed on the sweet talking opportunity!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If Paul were here, he would have jumped on the opportunity to embarrass Nara. Instead, Kevin did it in his place but without being so crude about it.

"Oh I'm sure there's still a chance if ya can get her alone again. And with a few drinks in her," he teased with a wink.

Nara felt a momentary wash of nervousness pale her skin further. She knew it was a harmless jab that was part of their normal everyday banter, but having Roxane here being the focal point of it made her antsy about such things.

She hoped that her crooked smile smoothed over any betrayals that flitted across her features. "Should I talk about how you were the biggest naysayer coming to London? Thought the place was a sh-"

"And Nara's the best singer you will ever find!" Kevin forcefully interrupted her because he did not want that statement ending. "Even drunk ..." He couldn't just let it go.

Vicki scrunched up her nose with a quiet chuckle and agreed with a small nod. "I think we're just all really happy to have a job so soon. Thank you, Roxane, for giving us a chance."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Roxane noted the way Nara paled, even though the Bastet could tell the musician did her best to conceal it. Yet, the blonde was naturally attune to her environment and her feline side always picked up on moods with greater depth. She subtly frowned for a moment, feeling bad for her new ally to be put on the spot as such when it visibly made her uncomfortable.

It wasn't lost on her how the Galliard had pledged herself to her; but that now Roxane was the one feeling protective. She trusted Nara to take care of herself. The venue's owner could personally enjoy a few silly jokes and weird stories about her were easier to bear than anything she had hidden from all about her Bastet history; but she didn't like when people embarrassed others.

She refrained from commenting or even stepping in, not wanting to diminish Nara's leadership in the band.

She grinned when the Garou then retorted and effectively shut Kevin up. She chuckled when Kevin was the one then put on the spot.

Tel est pris qui croyait prendre, she mused to herself, quite amused.

"Well, I sure hope that my very well-earned offer assuaged any nay-saying going around."

She smiled to Vicki, appreciating the thanks. "I'm glad you were willing to play in a venue that is still growing! The Cafe itself has been around for several years, but I have only started building up the bar and live music side about a year-ish ago."

Sometimes her concept of time could be a bit blurry due to the yearly spell of madness that threatened to consume her.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Vicki beamed. "Oh you definitely did. We always loved playing these kinda venues back home, so this is perfect. Or is it purrfect?"

Kevin groaned. "Oh man. That was so bad, Vic."

Nara, at least, chuckled since that was a harmless pun compared to Kevin's and Paul's antics. "All right you two ..." She shook her head and gently rolled her wrist before pointing towards the stage "... we should really set up."

Paul and Ethan were animated with their gestures, pointing and reaching out around the empty stage space.

"Sure thing, Nara." Kevin nodded and gave Roxane a smile. "Vic's right. I might be a naysayer, but this is pretty cool. Thanks."

Vicki beamed again before saddling up against Kevin, gently nudging him towards the stage, leaving Nara alone with Roxane - something the kin knew was preferred.

The garou turned to watch them go with crossed arms so she could settle her nerves. She was on edge, hoping that Roxane liked her kin despite their eccentricities, and knew full well this was not her norm. She was laid back and carefree with venues either liking or not liking Esoterica - everyone had their preferences and the band didn't always fit. Unless it were for bullshit reasons - favoritism over talent. That got under Nara's skin if there were preferential tribe treatment or a human run venue gave the job to someone as a favor.

"So ... the band really didn't drive ya nuts, right?" she asked cautiously as she rambled on. "They're a lot to take in all at once. I mean, they're really talented and couldn't ask for better kin or band mates, but usually the managers get to hear us play first so if Kevin and Paul run their mouths, I got their skills backing me up for negotiations, ya know?"

It was a lie. Nara knew exactly why she was nervous. Roxane knew her ancestor and the bastet held Cormac in high esteem. She wanted to keep the good impressions going with the bastet for various reasons - starting with the oath that bound them. Being that this was Roxane's place upped the ante and they had to kill it here.
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Jul 23rd, 2019 at 12:35:22 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Roxane smirked at Vic's jest, and Kevin's retort.

"Well it's not bad enough for me to come chewing on anyone's guitar strings," she replied with a grin.

Of course, she would never do that to artists she hired; but it was just a purrfect response, and she couldn't resist making the joke.

She let Nara direct everyone to the stage, so the band could set up. She was genuinely excited to hear them play. She had learned when a much younger Bastet, that it seemed every tribe had a particular type of music they favored. She wondered whether other Ceilicans, for she strongly believed others must have survived, loved rock as much as she did. Maybe one day she would know.

She looked at the Garou by her side, feeling grateful for this newfound ally.

"No they didn't. This brings me back to olden days. Depending on how things are, I can be about as annoying as them."

She didn't mean that in a negative way, and realized her tone might have led Nara to believe otherwise.

"They are lively and since they are your band, I am not concerned. I also don't picture you running around with talentless brats."

As the rest of the musicians were busy on the stage, she brought up something they had discussed during their first encounter.

"I have begun to go through my old journals. It appears they aren't as organized as I wanted to believe; so it might be a bit before I find the ones mentioning Cormac. I am certain I have several entries about my time with him and the other Galliards though."

Writing things down was a good way to remember, which had proven particularly useful with a long life, and taking decades to master the yearly madness that plagued her kind.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Nara winced. "Oooo ... If the inclination hits, just make sure it ain't my guitar. Or I can find some extra strings to dangle for ya."

Roxane's playfulness after her band mates left helped calm Nara, but the Garou couldn't quite picture her being annoying. Then she just equated how cats could be little assholes to Roxane's snarky quips and knew she could crank up the irritations.

She watched her kin head out the side entrance to bring in the equipment as Roxane switched gears. Nara looked hopeful and wide eyed and could not help but look towards the ground with disappointment. She should've known things couldn't be that easy and held no animosity when she spoke. "S'cool. I can't even imagine how much stuff ya need to sift through to find entries on Cormac."

When Nara looked back up, she half smiled. "I appreciate ya going through all the effort."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    Roxane chuckled and shrugged, because she liked playing with dangling toys when shifted. She could be a wild feline at such times; but she could also be very facetious. Dangling toys were a lot of fun, even when they weren't supposed to be toys.

After all, she had even took the habit of having scratching posts around her home, so she didn't destroy her own furniture. To most people it would sound insane; but Roxane had learned how to mitigate her Bastet madness, whether it was the yearly surge, or the everyday little crazies.

When Nara was visibly sad that she hadn't found anything about Cormac yet, Roxane felt a bit guilty for not having made more time to dig through all her records yet. She intellectually knew it wouldn't have been possible; but she genuinely wanted to do her part, even though the Galliard was the one who had taken an oath.

She felt a bit better at Nara's reassuring words.

"There is a lot for sure. I hope to have some time this weekend; so I should put a better dent into it. I promise you will have something way before you guys are done with London."

She hoped it would be in a very long time before they considered leaving London though.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

She nodded and was momentarily distracted as the band brought in the gear case by case. Nara should have gone over to help, but she didn't want to leave Roxane just yet.

"Well, I don't anticipate things going badly. So ... I'm sure we'll be sticking around for awhile." She looked over her shoulder at Roxane, looking serious. "Sides, I made a promise to you. Be wrong to not, ya know, stay awhile and make sure things are good here."

She cast her gaze away and stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets, her usual tell at being nervous. "So, yeah. I better get to helping. Quicker we get that done, quicker you get to hear us play."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Natacha
    "I appreciate it, Nara," Roxane replied with a smile.

She was still shocked by how things had panned out during their first encounter. It was one of the most uncanny things that had happened in her life, and that said a lot, given some of what she had gone through.

"I'll get everyone some caf while you guys do that."

She watched Nara walk towards the rest of her band for a few more instants. She felt that her pryio was about to change. This time she was sure it was only a question of a day or two. It had taken centuries, but she sometimes managed to get inklings of what the next one would be. It didn't always make things easier given how Ceilican had very little stability in that regard compared to other tribes, but sometimes it gave her a tiny edge about how to work around it.

As she headed back to the front of the shop, she hoped that switching to a night one, which always made her feel like a recluse, wouldn't affect her interaction with Nara and her band too much. Under normal circumstances, she just relied on the rest of her employees, but this time she didn't want to just up and go.

She would probably spend more time under cat form, as it often helped mitigate some of her antisocial behavior.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Her kin could sense tension coming off of Nara in droves when the Garou came to join them. They all shared a knowing look and wondered if they escaped one broken heart and that their beloved front woman was about to suffer another one. Course it was too soon to tell but when Nara got all broody and defensive, it was usually a bad sign.

Not to mention going from Immortal to Bastet? Nara knew how to pick them.

"Roxane's making coffee ..." she mumbled, working at getting the stands laid out for the drum set and slowly started to get to work. Ethan and Paul got the keyboards and speakers set up while Kevin and Vicki were tuning the guitars.

Vicki and Kevin shared a look.

"She making like four pots? I'm sure we're all gonna need it. Be nice and wired while playing," said Paul as his fingers danced along the keys, the synthetic notes churning out as bass and guitar strings were plucked by the others.

"And then maybe some real drinks afterwards. I could use a beer," Kevin added honestly.

"Well if the set goes well, I'm sure we can get some here."

"Which we'll pay for," Nara cut in with firm insistence as she screwed the cymbal stands in place. "Roxane's being overly generous and we're not going to take advantage of that."

Her dark gaze found every one of her kins. "Got it?"

Paul gulped and nodded since he really didn't want to be the butt of anymore jokes and changed the sound to straight piano so he could play some Mozart. He was an ass but a talented one, and the classics tend to calm his Garou friend.

Kevin nodded and spoke calmly. "Sure thing, Nar."

They knew of the oath but with the Garou still grieving her former relationship, it was messing with her emotions pretty hard. Things were always intense with the Black Fury but this was new. Perhaps the start of the Galliard moon wasn't helping - Nara was born under the waning moon and could fall into depression at times. They weren't aware of Roxane's gifts in shifting prylo's but it would be a strange coincidence if the two shifters ended up falling into darker moods at the same time.

They went back to tuning their instruments as Nara hopped onto the stool, focused on getting the tom-toms secured, contemplating what songs that Roxane would like to hear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast