Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead Man Walking

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    James
    Silus finally just laughed.

"Yeah, you got me..."

He sensed she was tossing him a bit of a lifeline, and he wanted to take it, but fair was fair.

"You just don't go telling everyone about this or I'll have to leave a snake in your TIE or something..."

If I could even get in the hangar... His mood started to dip, but he masked it behind a smile.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She could think of a few different ways to spin his snake comment, but settled for a laugh. The server wandered back for their food order, and once she’d gotten it she disappeared again, leaving them alone.

Bette sipped her ale. “So. How are you doing? I can’t get anyone to tell me anything, so I figured I have to go to the source. And then the source was avoiding me. So here we are.”

She leaned forward, elbows on the table, looking at him expectantly.

yo ho yo ho a pilot's life for me

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

AKA
    James
    He took a sip of his drink.

"Well, I'm too skinny and my leg hurts when I run. Other than that, heh, I'm alive."

He gave her a small smile and lifted his drink toward her.

"Again, thanks for that."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She shook her head at the thanks. “It was the least I could do, really. After leaving...” She didn’t finish the thought, reaching for her drink instead.

“Good thing pilots don’t have to run, hmm?” Bette winked. She couldn’t stop winking for some reason. It was starting to annoy her.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "I'm not exactly a pilot anymore, shuttles don't really count."

He smiled, but there was a bit of sourness to it.

"And we went through this the night you rescued me and it's just as true now as it was then. If you'd have come back for me we'd have both been captured and the mission would have been a failure. In fact, you completing that mission created the political climate that probably kept them from just killing me." He reached over and put his hand over hers. "You doing what you did is the reason we're both sitting here right now."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    “Right, I know.” She squeezed his hand and then pulled away, reaching for her drink. “I suppose after raking you over the coals just now I should make it up to you.”

Bette waggled her eyebrows at him over the rim of her pint glass.
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Jun 6th, 2019 at 10:33:04 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus returned the look over his own glass.

"You should, and dinner doesn't count, you were gonna do that anyways."

He smiled and shot a wink in her direction.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She chuckled, leaning back as the server arrived with their dinners and placed her bacon cheeseburger in front of her. As Silus paid attention to his own meal arriving Bette cut her burger in half, picked it up and took a juicy bite.

"Mmm, good," she managed, swallowing and pausing between bites. "Actually what I had in mind was you," she poked the bacon back into place on her burger, "coming back to the Shadows."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus had become a big fan of food after living two years in perpetual starvation. At this very moment though he forgot about the plate in front of him. He stared at her for a moment then started to laugh a bit.

"Okay, the baby thing was funny, this is outright cruelty..."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    “No, I’m serious. I already talked to Ragnus. If you want in, you’re in.”

Bette took another big bite of her burger and chewed thoroughly, watching Silus’ expression.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "They won't even let me shave with a razor..."

There was some confusion on his face, then realization.

"You're serious about this..."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    “Deadly,” Bette said, but her mouth was full of burger so it came out more like “Medmy.”

She set her burger down and washed down her mouthful with ale. “Completely serious. As soon as you’re cleared by your psych you can report to the squadron.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Just as his hopes were lifting his heart sank a little bit.

"And that's why Ragnus agreed to it. They'll have me lost in the puzzle factory until we're both old and gray."

He finally took a bite of his food. When he ate now, he found himself wanting to tear through food like a wild person, and took a few moments to make himself chew his food like an actual human.

"Mmm, this is good actually." He wiped at the corner of his mouth with a napkin. "I guess all I can do is do my meetings and hope they're happy with my progress."

After a few more bites another thought occurred to him.

"Are you sure you want this? You already risked your career to pull me out of Malastare, and it's been a long ass time since I've flown a star fighter. If I come back and fuck something up you'll end up eating the blame for it."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    “You won’t fuck it up,” Bette said. “If you do, I’ll have your balls.”

She took another long swig of her ale, and set the empty glass down a little regretfully.

“Maybe I’ll have your balls anyway.” She winked, and flagged down their server for a refill.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "I'm not sure we can get away with desecrating a shuttle again."

He winked and tore back into his food, chomping down a few bites before bursting out laughing. He actually had to cover his mouth to keep from spitting his food out. Bette stared at him puzzled until he was finally able to swallow his food.

"We made a fucking mess."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    “Ah, well,” Bette winked. “Shore leave for us both tonight.”

She hadn’t expected that he’d want to pick up where they’d left off, but on the other hand he was sending some serious vibes her way. And she wasn’t inclined to refuse him for any reason that she could think of.

Bette picked up her refilled ale and took another long drink.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "After all these grueling flights where absolutely nothing ever happens, I think I'm probably due for a good shore leave."

He finished off the rest of his food, and leaned back in his chair a bit. He started to say something else, but looked around for a moment and stopped. He just smiled instead.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She noticed the look in his eye, and leaned back a bit, also taking in the room. Cloud 9 was bustling and even though there were quite a few other Imperials in the main dining area there were many civilians as well.

No one seemed to be paying them any mind, not even their server. A paydroid cycled up in the center of the table, awaiting credits.

”Ready to go?” Bette smiled at Silus, and authorized a chit for the meal, pressing it into the paydroid.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus sunk into his own head for a moment. The years he'd spent with ImpIntel made him weary of being overheard, and just now he couldn't shake the feeling they were being listened to.

"Yeah, let's get out of here..."

He grabbed his ale and finished it off then wiped his mouth one more time, tossing the used napkin into the empty cup.
    Last edited by Silus Xilarian; Jun 9th, 2019 at 03:34:51 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    Bette led the way out of the establishment, looking back once to make sure Silus was following. Once outside she did a little turn and faced him, letting the evening bustle walk around them.

"Where to next? More drinks?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast