Thread: The Short Countdown...to Solo (May 25th, 2018)

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar

Movies The Short Countdown...to Solo (May 25th, 2018)

99 Days.

96 days remaining.

"Into the garbage shute flyboy!"

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Saw the movie. Pretty decent. Plot was up and down, effects were good, great acting from everyone except Emilia Clarke (who was the single worst part of the movie). Not as good as Rogue One IMO.
    [[XXXXXX]]==================================>

Retired writer for Hwoarang, Ice Fox, Pal Vader, Jehovah

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I thought it was an incredibly fun heist movie. Way I see it, it wasn't supposed to be anything impactful, just a fun adventure flick. Which is exactly what I got. I especially enjoyed the way the Kessel Run was done, and the music was beyond superb. Even though we're only two SW Story films in, I'm noticing that while the episodic flicks are just that, the Story ones are following a different avenue; like with Rogue 1 we got a total party kill war movie, and with Solo we got a heist movie. I'm curious what the next Story will give us

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    I didn't have high hopes for the movie, but got excited as the release date got closer (mostly because of Glover as Lando). I think that doing episodic smaller scale SW movies is a really good idea and I hope they keep making them. Solo turned out way more enjoyable than I had expected. I liked how they tied into so much lore. My biggest complain really is that too many female characters got the short end of the stick.

Also, I still want all the Lando movies now!

I really liked it as well. Sure, it was about Han Solo, but mostly that seemed to be an excuse to give us a look at a side of Star Wars we don't usually see (the same thing Rogue One did by using the Death Star). Kinda intrigued to see if these rumours about a Boba Fett movie are true, because potentially that could build on a lot of the great lore stuff Solo gave us.

I also loved the parallels between Rey and young Han - right down to them echoing some of the same lines/sentiments in places. Really casts their relationship in The Force Awakens into a (tragic) new light.

Also, are we 100% sure that was actually Donald Glover, and not some sort of time travel / clone shennanigans duplicate of Billy Dee? Because damn did he nail that part.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Queen

AKA
    Natacha
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    Also, are we 100% sure that was actually Donald Glover, and not some sort of time travel / clone shennanigans duplicate of Billy Dee? Because damn did he nail that part.
    I'm still wondering that myself! O.o

TheHolo.Net Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    I thought it was an incredibly fun heist movie. Way I see it, it wasn't supposed to be anything impactful, just a fun adventure flick. Which is exactly what I got. I especially enjoyed the way the Kessel Run was done, and the music was beyond superb. Even though we're only two SW Story films in, I'm noticing that while the episodic flicks are just that, the Story ones are following a different avenue; like with Rogue 1 we got a total party kill war movie, and with Solo we got a heist movie. I'm curious what the next Story will give us
    I agree on the Kessel Run. I knew it was coming but had no idea what to expect. It was the most fun part of the movie (or maybe the train scene, both were great).

Quote Originally Posted by Satkia Beltrak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    I'm still wondering that myself! O.o
    Ditto to that.

And I won't spoil it for anyone, but the cameo at the end was great.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I thought Solo was great!

Unfortunately I heard that the "story" films are on hold now. Still pulling for an Obi Wan movie

oh what a tangled web I weave