Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Showdown at Junction

TheHolo.Net Poster

Death to the enemies of the Empress is mandatory. Pants are optional.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    "If that is what you believe, then you lack the imagination to envision the depths I'm willing to travel to do the Empress's bidding."

Vissica's left paw separated only briefly from it's supporting grip on her weapon. Two thick digits pointed past the Jedi. There was a click, then a low mechanical hum and a rumble as the hangar bay doors began to close.

"I sense nothing of the dark side within you. Are you a Jedi?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

He has taken a supreme vow of celibacy, like his father, and his father before him...

AKA
    Droo
    "I am not."

The symbolism of the closed hanger bay doors was not lost on him. This Selonian was making a commitment to the task ahead of her, and would welcome no interruption, be it friend or foe. Loki was glad of those terms: one Imperial Knight was preferable to one Imperial Knight and a squad of storm troopers. A few paces more, and he would be within range of her obscene blade. His advance continued.

"Suffice it to say I am your enemy."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    There was no reason for Vissica to question Loki's statement. Jedi or not, he used the force and held a lightsaber against Imperial authority. That would be enough.

"We understand each other perfectly."

The Selonian approached, metering her steps with careful placement. Her tail raised, clearing the ground above a pucker of slagged duracrete as the red glow faded from the scar. She spread her grip along the length of the greatsaber, her leading hand tightening behind the emitter housing as her trailing hand rested its fleshy palm against the pommel, fingers slightly relaxed.

Accepting the initiative, Vissica pressed forward with a sweep of her blade. There was enough force to end this whelp if he was foolish, but the Knight had no such expectation. She wished to see his blade in reaction. It would inform her.

TheHolo.Net Poster

He has taken a supreme vow of celibacy, like his father, and his father before him...

AKA
    Droo
    Loki took a knee, and bowed his head just in time. So close was the ominous hum of the passing blade that the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end, electrified. No time was wasted in following up, however, and, as he rose, his upended weapon climbed in a sweeping arc to draw a line from groin to sternum on the looming alien. At this distance, her wounds would be superficial, but with one step forward, he turned it into a killing stroke.

TheHolo.Net Poster

flying a starship is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put smashball cards in the spokes!

AKA
    Vince
    Take me out to the black, Tell them I ain't comin' back, You can't take the sky from me.
    It took a moment, but being reasonably sure that the Selonian's full attention was on Loki, Ben scurried the rest of the way to Cerie and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Cerie, whoa! Hold on!" Ben ducked her reflexive haymaker and had to back up from the two successive follow-ups. When she started to collapse, he slid in and held her up. "C'mon. We're getting the hell out of here. I promise, no adventures... for at least two weeks. Maybe even three if I can wrangle it. Can you stand?"

Chest heaving with her kneejerk exertions, Cerie gave Ben a wide-eyed, almost feral stare. She opened her mouth as if to speak, but only really succeeded in baring her teeth as a wild, broken gaze tracked away from Ben and to the Selonian. Still clutching the one Westar she still had, the blonde watched as Loki moved in with his blade. Held up by Ben, she did her best to push away and stand under her own power.

"Damn stinkmink," came the growl from under her breath.

TheHolo.Net Poster

flying a starship is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put smashball cards in the spokes!

AKA
    Vince
    Take me out to the black, Tell them I ain't comin' back, You can't take the sky from me.
    Ben couldn't help but laugh.

"Too true. Now let's get out of here before things get even more complicated, yeah?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    "Okay Shuvin," the Togruta whispered to herself as she crouched behind a crate and looked over the bay. "How're you gonna do this?"

Another quick glance at Ben and Cerie, and then Loki and the Selonian, almost had her panic before she got herself under control again.

She couldn't get to the entry ramp; not with Miss Beastie and Mister Jedi duking it out right next to it.

How else could she get in? There was the entry ramp, the cargo lift, the dorsal hatch... the dorsal hatch! Easy to get into, and far away from the buzzing bright blades of the battling... uh, battlers.

Shuvin giggled at her mental alliteration.

So she'd have to climb onto the ship.

Taking off at a run, Shuvin clambered on top of another crate, this one butted up against the wall, and found a handhold. With a grunt of effort and a mental exhortation to work out more after this, she pulled herself up onto a ledge and shimmied over to where the gap between the ship and the wall was the shortest. Even there though the gap was too wide to jump. Thankfully, there were pulley cables hanging from the ceiling. With a grimace of distaste at the amount of physical effort this was requiring, Shuvin steeled herself and jumped, hands stretching out to grab the nearest cable.

"Oh shit!" she gasped, feeling herself falling down the cable. "Ow, ow, ow. Damn it, my hands, this hurts, stupid Ben, stupid whatever she is."

She let herself hang for a moment, before using her legs to start swinging closer to Alderaan. With one final heave, she let go, and tumbled onto the ship and lay there spread eagle, looking up at the ceiling of the bay.

"Gotta get that hatch open, c'mon girl, you can do this!"

Huffing and panting, she staggered over to the hatch and knelt beside it to access the locks.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Loki's swift counterstrike met only air.

Vissica followed her blade's trajectory with liquid movement, leaping horizontally before tucking her flexible spine into a roll that arrested once with a pounding of her tail on the ground. Counterbalancing against it, the Selonian shrugged her double-handed weapon skyward before slamming it into the young human's waiting guard with bone-shaking force.

From that point of tension, she observed her opponent, with more than just her eyes. She felt his presence through the force. A presence she could no longer deny the source. It had a truth to it that gave clarity. That clarity enlivened her own focus. Fed it. This pup was more than he appeared to be.

It was time to break the stalemate. Vissica uncoiled the spring of her long frame, putting her enemy on his heels as she gathered for a second cleave.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    The power behind the strike exceeded his expectations. No pretence was exercised in his retreat, a single staggered step was taken to bleed the momentum from the mighty blow, and to open up a fraction of a second for thought. Behind the looming shape of his enemy, there was movement, vague shadows slipping from cover to cover, closing in on Alderaan. He didn't dare break eye contact with the advancing beast, before him, just one glance would betray his friends. They needed time, and space.

As the Imperial Knight readied another hefty swing, Loki backtracked on nimble feet, and hopped just in time for it to pass by. Attempting to match her strength-for-strength was a fool's errand, and he was not prepared to expend energy meeting her blade head-on. It was in smart counterplay where his advantage lay. With a fierce crackle, lightsabers met, icy blue on immaculate white. Loki pushed, adding extra momentum to the end of the Knight's broad cleave. And now, he was inside her defence. Spitting like flint, his blade travelled the length of its angry counterpart, and angled itself straight for his enemy's heart.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Black almond eyes widened at the realization of the sudden shift. Vissica slipped away from her offensive, her torso whipping back with fluid agility. Her Selonian flexibility afforded just enough space so that Loki's passing strike only shaved a vapor trail into her chest fur. The Knight snorted in irritation as the boy-pup's face passed hers. She snapped her toothy muzzle at the nearest passing ear, catching only the air behind it as the fighters parted once more.

Vissica sprang back upright with a tail thrust, an annoyed rumble in her chest at having nearly been undone by a show of bombastic acrobatics. She rolled her shoulders, then scarred the floor between them with a frustrated swipe of her heavy blade. A curtain of embers wicked into the air between the two combatants.

”Makashi." she growled with cool distate, giving the floor another welting as she paced in a wider, more careful orbit.
    Last edited by Matatek Sel Vissica; Dec 7th, 2019 at 01:47:42 PM.

As soon as she moved to push him away in an effort to stand of her own accord, Cerie pulled him right back, using him to steady her own shaky legs. Her free arm wrapped around Ben as she leaned against him. She couldn't help the deep, almost wheezing breaths, and she pulled in a long breath in the hopes that such an action would banish the feeling of those massive, meaty fingers around her neck.

"You-" she coughed, then spit out a gob of saliva, "... you got any ideas to get us around these two?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    "Yes, actually," he said, not moving his eyes from the duelling forms of Loki and the Selonian. "It's called be very, very quiet."

His eyes drifted from the fight to Alderaan. Though not quite as close as they’d been moments before, they were still far too close for Ben’s comfort.

“We can’t get to the ramp. Not with them so close,” he breathed, suddenly aware of the fact that he and Cerie were standing out in the open while a kid fought an Imperial Knight. “So either they move away, or we find another way in.”

He suddenly smiled and nodded to the ship.

“Or the ship moves.”

A light had come on in the cockpit.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Quote Originally Posted by Matatek Sel Vissica View Post
    ”Makashi."
    Loki regarded his opponent with the most tepid surprise.

"You are not entirely unschooled. Good."

The word, spat like a curse from the muzzle of this Imperial bloodhound, fell upon his ears with the same foreign peculiarity as a five syllable word that tumbled from the lips of a toddler. It pleased him to know his opponent was not ignorant of the weapon she wielded, nor of the inherent art of its use. And that meant a potential challenge, beyond the observable size and strength of this... Imperial Knight.

Against his every instinct, he remained still, and studied the person stood before him. There had been talk of the Empire training up Force sensitives to do its bidding long before they were given a name, long before his arrival at Ossus, with the Wheel, and the Jedi. Back when his own sense of self, of purpose, had been unshakeable. Now, they had a name, and he had none. And yet, enemies they remained. In that, he was resolute. In that, he took refuge, both from himself, and the thousand questions that haunted him. Rare was the opportunity to meet one's sworn enemy, face-to-face, and rarer still, the opportunity to seek from them answers.

"In the name of the Empire, you have been trained in the ways of the Force to advance its designs. The deigns of your Empress. Tell me, do you believe in the cause, or is it your purpose to only serve?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Her opponent held his ground, and Vissica reciprocated, keeping herself between the enemy force adept and his means of escape.

"I serve my Queen, who in turn serves the Empress."

The brief stay of combat brought back the dull pain of her blaster shot, and the Selonian carefully adjusted her grip on her blade to compensate for it.

"They share a common interest in galactic order, to put an end to lawlessness such as this." she made a vague gesture that was to refer to the day's encounter with the rebel camp.

"Who are you?" curiosity that couldn't be delayed any longer usurped Vissica's conversation, driving an inquisitive flick in her tail.

"You are better trained than your years should allow."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    "I once thought myself a Jedi. I was mistaken," His answer was frank, and strangely effortless. Under any other circumstances, it was a confession that would go unthought, let alone unuttered. Combat, however, was sacred. "My purpose is singular and you will find my training reflects that."

An ambiguous answer, were it not for the fact that he had already placed himself between this agent of the Empire and her quarry. In that, his intentions were clear. He remained still, his lightsaber raised in silent vow. All around, the night air hummed with violent potential, aching to be unleashed. The time for words was running out. And so little he knew of the one he sought to kill.

"So... it is duty that compels you to raise a Jedi weapon in the service of your masters. I suspect the overwhelming hypocrisy of this is not lost on you. Or are you entirely ignorant of what becomes of your kind when the Empire no longer has use of you?"

Her eyes followed his nod, and as her gaze swept over the ship in the distance, she too saw the light coming to life in the cockpit.

Shuvin!

That beautiful, chipper-than-all-hells Togruta had managed to squirrel herself into just the right place.

Cerie let out a long sigh through still-recovering lungs, and it tumbled from her lips like some hungry Hutt eager for another handful of paddie frogs.

"I could kiss that girl right now," she managed to cough out.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    "Okay Shuvin, okay, so we flip this switch here, and push this button here, and what does this light mean? Oh I hope it's nothing bad, I mean, I like that greenish color. It's nice. Soothing."

Shuvin felt Alderaan lurch underneath her as the engines came to life.

"Please don't be dead everyone," she whispered, worrying her bottom lip and standing at the pilot's station to get a better view.

"Shuvin! Well done!"

"Ah! Oh, it's you Cap'n. Scared me half to death. I'll adjust so you and Cerie and Loki can get on board, just hurry!"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    "We're not out of the sarlacc pit yet, Shuvin," Ben said into his commlink, his eyes now fixed on Loki and Vissica's duel in the foreground while he and Cerie shambled their way around to the ship while remaining out of the way. "Whole place was locked down, so the bay doors will need to be reactivated and opened. Get the shields up and Cerie'll be up there to help you man the turrets. Now that the ship's running, don't think the Imperials will be just sitting by waiting for us to launch."

"Got it!"

Ben glanced over at Cerie.

"I know you're hurtin' right now, but I need you to get in there and keep Shuvin grounded and ready to get us out of here the second we all get on board, no matter what else happens. I'm gonna sneak around to the door controls and get them opened. We don't have a lot of time; the Imps'll have teams in here any second, and I don't fancy our chances if we're not in the ship."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "The Jedi were guardians of the old order. For that, they are worthy of respect. But they betrayed their Oath. That cannot be undone."

Vissica tightened her grip on her blade, the skin on her webbed knuckles drawing taut with tension.

"A Selonian does not betray her Oath."

Faint mechanical sounds emanating from the ship beyond registered in her small ears, which twitched slightly to triangulate the noise. She had lost sight of Captain Merasska and his comrades.

"It is all she is born with, and it is the last thing that remains."

The time to act was now, every sense was telling her to strike. Vissica pounced forward, presenting her blade to rebuff this ex-Jedi. The energetic edges screamed in a harmony but for just a beat, as her more nimble opponent moved with and into her motion. Vissica separated her grip, splaying a webbed hand to draw the force into Loki in mid-contortion, sending him pinwheeling back against his own built momentum.

In that clearance, the Knight coiled, then sprang skyward to clear an impossible distance towards Alderaan.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast