Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa

To her credit, it hadn't exactly been a somewhat conventional job. In fact, it'd been something akin to a one way ticket. But the money offered had been a considerable amount, and she'd had no choice but to accept. Even if the contact had remained elusive; his identity still a secret to even her, Arrukaa had taken the job. She might not know who it was that'd hired her, but his money was real enough and to her that was what mattered.

Of course what was supposed to happen in theory and concept almost never happened in reality and actual application. And this fact was vastly evident in the situation Rukaa found herself in now.

Infiltrating the KAR's main headquarters for a second time was delicate - the Cizerack 'secret police' as some called them, had become much more cautious. Once bitten twice shy, if you will. But once more, the money offered was more than she could concievably pass up, and so Rukaa had taken the job. Of course, given the chance to possibly slip in and out beneath the KAR's nose for a second time - something to rub into Kajeela's face with a sense of supreme satisfaction - how could she not accept?

However, it's almost always the smallest, seemingly insignificant things that derail the most foolproof of plans. And that's exactly what had happened.

Oddly though, she had not been subject to the infamous KAR torture chambers - something she was sure would be especially reserved for just her. No, this had not happened. She'd instead spent a matter of minutes in a simple holding cell before being dragged further up; further up into the den of the monster she had once served faithfully.

A grim realization came to her then, and Rukaa knew now why she had not been tortured. For so long she had been loose - for so long she had been a thorn in Kajeela's side - and for so long she had been free when it was thought she was in fact captured. It made sense now that they were going to simply kill her; take no chances this time... just out and out get rid of the problem.

And so, as she was very literally dragged through halls and corridors, and up lifts and down more twists and turns, Arrukaa couldn't help but smile to herself in morbid satisfaction.

Once bitten twice shy.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    Keerrourri watched their faces carefully. Stony. Beautiful, but yet unpleasing. They weren't the type to voluntarily allow themselves to be pleasing. Their black coveralls contrasted with the shocks of pale blonde hair drawn under their head-covers. Each carried, a blaster, likewise black, tucked into a holster at their belt. It was a kind of utilitarian prudence that was nearly Imperial by nature. It suprised the Emissary little that the KAR guards' Mistress valued their stark appearance, given this.

He didn't speak with them as he waited. They were cogs. Even he, to a degree, was a cog. Emissary was only a word. For all of his affluence, a whispered word from his mate could take it all away, and leave him dead and nameless.

Ironically, it was the very same fate for his guest as well.

One of the guard's eyes drifted to him for a split second. He smiled, and the slightest affectionate gesture seemed to chill her into a statue again. So be it.

The double doors of the office opened, and two other female guards entered, with a third female, clad in binders and a convict's garb.

"You look well forr a woman who jis about to djie."

He didn't patronize her with a smile. Instead, he stepped aside.

"Can jI offerr you food orr drrjink?"

If she was surprised, Rukaa didn't let it show. He delicate features remained unreadable as she stood looking up at Sarrtarroa, and her hands momentarily twitched ever so slightly in the binders.

Unmoving, Rukaa made no indication of accepting the Emissary's offer of food and drink. She only stood in place, her blue eyes looking up to the male as if she were staring right through him. Her whole body remained relaxed, but her gaze was sharp as she finally let her eyes graze over the rest of the office - guards, much like those that had dragged her in here, stood at attention; ready to quell any movement related to rebellion of their authority.

Blue orbs returning to Sarrtarroa, Rukaa finally spoke.

"We all djie; jit jis only a matterr of when."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Then jI would ljike to enterrtajin the prrospect wjith you of delayjing yourrs...jindefjinjitely."

He paused, looking to her face to see if any of it was sinking in. A second later, he turned, and began to walk away.

Eyes narrowing, Rukaa watched carefully as he turned and walked away from her. She studied the way he moved; beneath the fabric of his clothes she could almost see the muscles which fired to move his legs and allow him to walk.

A silence prevailed momentarily, then was broken.

"jI am ljistenjing."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "And jI am walkjing. jIf you wjish to contjinue to ljisten, jI suggest you follow."

He cast a glance over his shoulder to her as he spoke, with the faintest hint of an arrogant smile.

A soft snort. "Everr the concjieted one, you arre."

But regardless, Rukaa stepped forward to follow the Emissary in a rare display of obedience. And knowing him, she knew he was rather enjoying this.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The Emissary walked through winding lengths of corridors, with Rukaa keeping pace at his side. The two black-clad KAR guards followed, at a respectful distance.

"jI have no tjime forr these barrbarrjians. They arre so wrrapped up jin kjilljing and jintjimjidatjion that they've forrgotten how to thjink ljike a Cjizerrack should."

He spoke in a soft tone, but one that the guards could no doubt hear with their adept felinoid ears. Not that it mattered to him. Tact was wasted on such rubes. What would they do? Shoot him? Hardly.

"jI thjink we both have somethjing the otherr wants." He ventured.

"You have my frreedom, that much jI know."

She walked casually, her strides smooth and flowing as she remained at Sarrtarroa's side. She was not a dumb creature though - she had a notion as to what the Emissary might want, but for now she played ignorant.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Yourr frreedom has no value to me. Howeverr, yourr cooperratjion does. jI am wjilljing to pay forr that, and pay well."

A cheshire cat's grin.

"Ahh, but my frreedom has value to me, and jit should have value to you as well, Keerrrourrrji. You would not have come to my rrescue ljike some valjiant savjior if only a parrt of me held value to you. jI can't cooperrate jif jI am dead orr locked away; and jI don't thjink what you want me forr can be done frrom behjind bars. My cooperratjion can do nothjing wjithout my frreedom."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Then consjiderr jit a parrt of yourr payment."

They eventually approached a door, leading to the outside. Orange clouds dotted a light yellow sky, as the pair stepped out onto a small landing platform, on the roof of a large building. A red-tinted Imperial Lambda class shuttle rested on the platform, which was flanked by a few guards in red armor. Servants of the Emissary's mistress, no doubt.

Rukaa hesitated only barely, but the slight movement was enough to place her slightly behind the Emissary.

"jI wjill consjiderr jit a gjift jin addjitjion to my payment."

Eyes scanning the sky, she brought in a deep breath of air, filling her lungs. Idly, she lifted her hands - still bound - to flick at a minute itch that had started at the very tip of her left ear.

"Also, jI would verry much ljike my confjiscated belongjings rreturrned to me."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "jI'll have to have jit scrreened. No doubt Madame Tarruurrji wjill want to know jif you have anythjing that belongs to herr."

He smiled thinly at her, knowing neither held much love for the KAR director.

"Everrythjing else, of courrse."

"Verry well.

"And my rrestrajints?" Her own lips matched the thin smile Sarrtarroa had bestowed upon her, "Orr arre you plannjing on havjing me worrkjing wjith them on... ?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    -click-

At the press of a remote, the binders unhinged around Rukaa's wrists, and clattered on the floor.

"Now, can we djiscuss busjiness?"

Her thin smile turned into a smirk, as her ears fluttered delicately.

"jI'm all earrs, my dearr Emjissarry."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Yourr task jis to carrjy out assassjinatjion, terrrrorr, and assymetrrjical attacks agajinst the Jedji Orrderr on Corruscant, by any means necessarry."

The Emissary paced around on the rooftop, taking in the sights.

"jI, norr my Mjistrress, can afforrd to be jimpljicated jin thjis. jIf you arre djiscoverred, jI wjill not know of you. jIf you name me rregarrdless, you wjill be dead on the same day.

Everry two weeks, fjive hundrred thousand crredjits wjill be deposjited jinto an account whose numberr you wjill prrovjide. Spend what you need to accompljish yourr mjissjion. Keep the rrest."

Rukaa watched as he traversed the rooftop they stood upon. When he'd finished speaking, the female didn't answer; instead she sauntered to the opposite edge. A hand went up to brush black strands of hair from her face, and her tail gently wrapped around her left leg as she contemplated this proposition given to her.

It was certainly appealing, and she would be a fool to turn her back on such a lucrative offer.

"jI wjill help you."

She turned to give him a noncommital look then. "Though you know, anonjimjity jin thjings of thjis naturre jis rratherr harrd to majintajin."

It was a silent haggle on her part, as true to her own nature Rukaa intended on getting every credit she possibly could from Sarrtarroa.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "jIf you manage jit, you may fjind therre arre those who wjill apprrecjiate jit."

It was more nebulous double-speak, designed to dance around what he really meant.

Sarrtarroa walked over to the huntress, and took her by the hand. He raised her hand to his face, pressing the warm flesh of her palm against his jaw, and rubbing it down the contours of his jawline. He paused mid-stride, and with his index finger and thumb, he pinched back the fleshy sheath of one of Rukaa's claws, and guided it into the side of his face, raking it down until a glossy line of crimson dripped freely from the cut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast