Thread: Zeke's art

Zeke's art

Here's some of my work, LD hosted it for me. Don't hijack this, and don't post without worthy commentary. "Wow, you're good!" or "Jeez, that sucks" are NOT worthy commentary. I'd like to know WHY you think its good or WHY it sucks. Having said that, check the art:

http://lilaena.clanpages.com/zekesart.jpg

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    *checks it* I like it. Is he holding the world? So, an Atlas type?

Ishan Shade
    nice

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I think it's good. Nice persepctive going on with his arms. Hands are hard to draw. You did that pretty well too

The hands are well done. But I'm not too fond of the face. The rest of his body is good too. All in all, good job.

Salemn Lysce
    You did the hands real nice (I can't draw hands at all), but the face is kinda small and all squeezed in together.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

But naturally he would draw himself holding the world in his hands. Yeah, Zeke, make the face a little fuller. His face is incredibly small. Makes me think you were tilting his head down, so that could explain why it looks so strangely.

I'd take everyone's suggestions and redo the entire picture to see what happens. I was told that advice from an art professor that's a friend of mine and it helped my skills a great deal.

Aevenon Cloak
    I agree with the point on the hands. I find hands and heads the hardest parts of a person to draw. So nice job.

Wei nailed it: I was going for him looking down. I'll work on that. Anyone else got 2 cents they wanna throw in?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

MAybe you could do something about shading, or maybe direct his eyes so it looks more like his head is tilted downwards. All that suggests that he is looking down is his unusually big forehead-type area. Just a thought.