Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick your favorite books/series in EU.

Qui John

Pick your favorite books/series in EU.

The title sort of speaks for itself, sure, but I know that I have my favorites of all the EU stuff out there. I was just curious to see what you, my esteemed compadres, felt about this. The floor is open.

Atreyu

I've only read the Thrawn Trilogy - but I loved it.

searching4Callista

Realizing...

<font color=#ffff00>That i'm going to come under fire for this. (I always do when I post it) My favorite Star Wars book is "Planet of Twlight" By Barbara Hambly.</font>

Mirax H

Re: Realizing...

X-wing series definitely. Haven't been bored with any of them. Have a nice blend of action and humor. Really liked Wraith Squadron.

Bromine

Heir to the Empire Trilogy

Thrawn. Mara. Noghri. Ysalamiri. 'Nuff said.

Redemption

i've got 3...the thrawn trilogy, darksaber...and rihgt now spectre of the minds eye..haven't read vision's of the future yet....but soon....

Mara Jades Father

I like books that stick with a character or a few character. They keep introducing us to so many people, that the main characters that we like are written in few and far between. I realy liked the Han Solo Trilogy and I am working on his classic adventures now. Also I like I, Jedi. Even though he is a EU character, I enjoyed staying with one person throughout the entire story. I likes Shadows of the Empire, one of the only few books to have Darth Vader in it, I thought that this really captured a lot of the main characters. A lot of the books today, i hardly recognize my favorite Characters anymore and the same plot devices are used over and over again.

Atreyu

It's interesting - people who have read the Shadows of the Empire either really love it or really hate it ...

Bromine

I know what you mean about not sticking with just a few main charactersr, MJF. The Thrawn Trilogy kind of went all over the place. As much as I liked it, I did find it annoying when everyone "cooincidentally" met up with each other all the time. I haven't read Shadows of the Empire, but I find it strange nonetheless that they hyped it so much with video games, toys, etc, out of all the EU out there. I guess it's because, like MJF said, it has all the main characters.

Mara Jades Father

Shadows of The Empire had to have a lot of hype, it was the main goal of the project. It was there tyo gain intrest in Star Wars again for th upcoming Special Editions and Prequels. Not much of Staar Wars was around at that time, the figures were just starting to hit the market since 1985. I thought the book had a lot of action, clever tie ins between ESB and ROTJ, and great story.

Atreyu

I heard that Vder's rival in it (can't think of his name) was a lame ass. But I haven't read ther novel, so I guess I can't really comment ...

Cu Chulain

K W Jeter's Bounty Hunter Wars. His books always kick @$$ and it was great for his talent to be introduced into EU. Plus the whole story rocked!

Mirax H

I liked those too, Cu. Loved reading about Boba Fett.

kadabra

Vision of the Future for book and the Hand of Thrawn for series.

Reaper

The Thrawn Trilogy really kicked a$$!!!! I love the X-Wing series too. Shadows was a really good story too, I like ready about Vader(he's always been my favorite character).

bronto

favorite books/series in EU

I've read a quite a few of the novels and comic books and my favorite would have to be "Shadows of the Empire". To me it felt closest to an actual Star Wars movie. Atreyu, the name of Vader's rival in "Shadows" was Prince Xizor.

Redemption

Re: favorite books/series in EU

i jsut finished reading visions of the future and spectres of the past and it kicked ass big time

Magic Elf

I liked the Thrawn Trilogy the best.

Kiranna Organa

I have to say that I love the X-Wing series. It may not focus all on one character, but it's less confusing since they keep it on one character per chapter. The action is really great, and I love tough-luck characters like Myn Donos. I also love Janson, the loveable guy he is, especially when Wedge played the little "trick" on him in Solo Command regarding Lieutenent Kettch. Yub, yub, Lieutenant. I find myself likeing a lot of the characters in Rogue and Wraith Squadron. As far as Shadows of the Empire went, I didn't like it. It was boring and I haven't even been able to get myself to read it all the way through. Same with Children of the Jedi and Planet of Twilight. Another book I like is in the Dark Forces Trilogy. Soldier of the Empire. I haven't read it completely through, but so far, I really like it.

Hawker Sith

I'd have to say that dark Empire 1 and 2 aremy faves. For books it's got to be the Jedi Acadamy Trilogy or first four in the X-Wing series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast