Thread: Wishing to join

Sidian Frost

Wishing to join

I'd like to make my character a Jedi, but I first need to know what I need to do to get accepted.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a doctor, not a Jedi, Jim! What you're asking for is impossible! Oh, wait, I am a Jedi.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MiriyaCailis Steam ID: Gyndar
    Post?

No, really. It's kind of that simple. Well, if only it were so stupidly simple, but there is just a few things. Isn't that just the way it goes, huh?

You want to be a Jedi? Cool. So you're a Jedi. As I'm sure you've been told already, you'll be expected to start on as a padawan unless you're able to prove higher rank and make your appeals to the overlords/ladies.

As for being a part of the Jedi group, you can't simply just waltz in. You have to make your joining us, well, feasible. We're on the lam, you see. If you've read up on what the Wheel is, then you probably understand the situation. In any case, you're either part of the existing Jedi group on the Wheel or you're looking to find us. And that, I'm afraid, requires knowing the Wheel exists at all.

Coming up with a good story to this end [being on/getting to/being discovered and taken to the Wheel] is sometimes easier when you work it out with someone. Don't be afraid to ask around. Talk to us, we're here to help get you on your feet, so to speak, so we can play with you. Bat you around like a dead mouse or a ball of yarn... okay, I'm joking. We're good folk. [AIM is a great tool, by the way, if you have it. Pretty well all of us use it.]

If you want a teacher, you'll probably have to ask around. I think there's a list around here somewhere [which might just be woefully out of date, so proceed with caution!] of those who do teach, who is available and who is not to take on students.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a doctor, not a Jedi, Jim! What you're asking for is impossible! Oh, wait, I am a Jedi.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MiriyaCailis Steam ID: Gyndar
    DOUBLE POST WTF. [Delete, please.]

Sidian Frost
    Hmm....
    I'll have to do some reading then...
    Where I'm from you just go in, make a join thread, get questioned by whoever and get accepted by someone Knight rank or higher.
    I'll take your invite and add you on AIM then lol.

Sidian Frost
    Double posted just to get this thread some attention.

I figured out how my character could find The Wheel. I figure his ship could be dead in the water (so to speak) and that you all receive his call for help. I was thinking that the Jedi help him out and he displays a 'gift' that had always run in his family. Basically he can say, hold a glass of water and with focus chill it. Think a frosty mug all frosted over with now chilled slightly icy water. That could get things started and so yeah, that's my idea.

I figure his small transport might carry some goods they could be needing and I dunno what else. I have a few ideas, but if I posted them it would take too much away from the imagination lol. Tell me what you think...

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    That sounds perfectly plausible

Sidian Frost
    Lol now my only issue is finding someone who'd be willing to rp with me and get this started. I can have the thread up in the next 15min.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Just start the thread and I'm sure someone will jump in.

Sidian Frost
    Alright, thank you very much!