Flight Commander Bette Davis of the Imperial Navy, on leave from her duties on board the ISD II Termagant as a member of Shadow Squadron, looked down at her first shot of the evening. A ridiculous bright green, it seemed to glow as it sat there on the bar of Cloud 9.

She narrowed her eyes at the fruity looking concotion, and asked the 'tender, "What did you say this was again? It looks.. girly."

The bartender, a strapping young humanoid with huge muscles and an easy grin on his nearly-human face, shook his head. "Its something I made up myself, called an Afterburn. Have to guard the recipe, I'm afraid. But trust me," and there was that grin again, "Its not girly."

Bette gave him a look that clearly said that any drink that was bright green was most certainly going to be girly, then shrugged. "What the hell." She scooped up the shotglass and poured the concoction down her throat.

As she set the glass down firmly on the bar, the initial taste of the shot was indeed fruity. And then....

Bette coughed, caught off guard by the intense burning sensation that followed the liquid down her throat, reaching gratefully for the beer that the bartender had poured as a chaser. Eyes watering for a moment, she blinked, and then grinned. "Hey, I'll have another."