Thread: Future Plans

Michael Cline

Future Plans

He sat quietly at the small open air cafe and looked over the busy people. All so... busy. Busy, busy, busy. He turned back to his 'date', Gaebel - the twi'leki girl he'd saved from Kyashi's 'apprenticeship.'

"So," He said quietly. "What are we going to do now?"

Sudoku
    "I have no idea."

The girl sipped at the hot cup of tea in front of her, hands wrapping around the chipped white mug. They were still on Naalol, waiting in a cafe a couple of blocks from the spaceport. Kyashi was dead, and she had nowhere to go; she couldn't stay here - how would she explain his disappearance?

She nudged the duffle under the table, and sighed. "I can't stay here -- people will notice that he's gone, and they'll eventually figure out what happened."

Michael Cline
    "Well, I'm thinking of heading home, actually. Back to Coruscant, I still have some things I'd like to put to rest there. Maybe try to make something of myself." He seemed lost in the moment, and frowned.

"You don't have anywhere else to go, do you?" He couldn't remember all what she had told him back at the cabin about her life, and was hoping maybe she had some family she could return to.

Sudoku
    "Not here."

She was trying her best to not roll her eyes and sigh as loudly as she could -- wasn't he listening to her at all???

"I guess I can catch a flight off-world, but I have no idea where I would go. I've never been off Naalol in my life."

Michael Cline
    He thought for a moment and rubbed the back of his neck, Damn - he didn't want to just abandon her. Not after he'd taken her 'life' away.

"Well... if you'd like, you can come back with me to Coruscant, we can always work things out from there, I suppose?"

Sudoku
    She nodded as she took another drink of tea.

"I would like to go with you. If it's not too much trouble..."

Michael Cline
    "No, no trouble at all." He smiled a bit, well if nothing else he had gained a travelling companion out of all of this.

He wasn't quite sure where they'd go from Coruscant, but something would turn up. He was sure of it.

Sudoku
    She set her mug gently down onto the table, running a finger around the edge. Part of her was nervous - her first trip offworld was taking her into the middle of Imperial territory (Kyashi had never spoken highly of the Empire, and his views had rubbed off on her). The other part was excited, thrilled at the thought of finally getting off Naalol and going out to seek her own way. She had a lot she wanted to ask Michael, but she didnt want to seem naive...

"So..um, what is Coruscant like?"

Michael Cline
    "So..um, what is Coruscant like?"

"LARGE." He smiled a bit, "I don't know how else to put it in a word. Think of the biggest city you've ever been to - then think of that city covering the entire planet, on multiple levels - and it'd still be smaller. Anything and everything that could possibly be there, is there."

He kicked back a bit and sipped his drink, which was getting colder by the moment.

"It'll be nice to go home. See what's what, I'm glad you're coming to." He smiled as pleasantly as he could, not wanting to show any of his own inner concerns.