Thread: Black Eclipse

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani

Black Eclipse

Two Days After Prince Xizor's Death

The Kasajian Exchange

Several generations back, Sorsha's family created the Exchange to appease their paranoia when dealing with the average bank. They felt them exploitable and easily broken into, and the Kasajian's had a great many secrets that they wished to stay secret, considering most of their acquired wealth was not gained through legitimate means.

With their vast contacts, it was simple to call in a few favors for building space and have their proposal to pass. Now the massive fortress, which rivals the old Jedi Temple in size, was a means for the elite to bank and store valuable items in a secure location without having to sweat at night.

The design of the building is rather simple, but it strikingly stands out in the business district because of the lack of scenery around it, and being one of the first structures to see, the sleek black octagonal tower never went unnoticed.

Miranda Tarkin's face was often seen here to do personal business or to see her childhood friend, Sorsha Kasajian. Today's visit was for the former reason, and she waiting for the female attendant to return from the inventory database to finish her transaction. She had purchased a gift for her lover and wanted to cut through some red tape to have the item arrive at the Exchange with little hassle.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha was unaware that Miranda was here yet, and was busy looking through an extensive database that contained the names of black sun operatives, along with their holdings. It also contained information on the Hutt Syndicates and pirate gangs ::

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    The teller had returned with a set of datapads that needed Miranda's approval, "Here we go Miss Tarkin."

She pushed the first datapad forward, "This is to acknowledge your new safety deposit box. We were fortunate to have some of our smaller ones open up that fit the dimensions you required. This signature releases the credits to the account you gave us."

Pleased, Miranda signed both datapads, "Excellent. And what about my other request?"

The woman smiled weakly and lowered her tone, as she noticed a Twi'lek couple was inquiring about how to open an account three booths down, "I was able to skirt around a few protocols like you usually ask me to, but it will still be a two week process for the item."

Miranda tapped at the counter, unimpressed.

"Miss Tarkin, please," the teller pleaded, "Even with my special privileges, bringing in this item will cause a delay. I was able to knock off three weeks considering it's ... delicate nature though."

"Is there anyway to knock it down to days?"

"You know of a way," the teller shrugged.

"Defeats the purpose of it being a gift," she sighed defeated. Miranda had hoped the item could be procured before Sorsha's birthday but the gift was contraband. It took months of haggling with the Rodian government to part with the weapon and the Empire to approve of it. "All right. When Sorsha gets back planet side, make sure that she signs all the documents pertaining to it," she pointed a finger at the teller, "but tell me before she does. I want to be there."

Now the teller held a cocky smile, "You can tell her yourself."

Miranda blinked, confused, "Pardon?"

"She's here already," she pointed upwards. "Miss Kasajian returned yesterday and has been in her condo since then. Shall I contact her?"

"Yes." Miranda was already making her way towards the elevator, "Inform her I'm on my way up."

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha smiled as she got the message and sat naked in her favorite chair as Miranda entered the room. She never wore clothes in private, only dressing when there was business to conduct ::

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    It didn't come as a shock to Miranda when she saw Sorsha undressed. In fact, she rather expected it. The only surprise here was that Sorsha was present on Imperial Center; Miranda hadn't expected to see her for another few days.

She strode around the desk with a smile on her face and leaned down to place a longing kiss upon Sorsha's lips. Miranda pulled away slowly, "I've missed you."

Pushing a stack of datapads aside, Miranda sat down on top of the desk. "Hrmp," she raised a brow and feigned being hurt by what she saw, "Something's been keeping you busy. So busy you forgot to tell me you were here."

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: She caught Miranda's hand and looked at her with sadness ::

"I've been in mourning."

:: The sadness melted away as she laughed ::

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    "Ah yes," she wove her fingers between Sorsha's and smiled, "Xizor. Still, I did not think his death would have brought you back so soon."

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Time is moving, and so is everyone else. But please forgive me for not contacting you. There were urgent matters to set into play."

:: the holoscreen on the wall beeped as if in response ::

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    She said nothing in response to the apology, but her attention was keenly focused on the viewscreen and waited for the explanation.

Sorsha Kasajian
    "The head of the Leukish council had an unfortunate accident. He stabbed himself in the eye. I've been chosen as his successor."

:: A map of the Baji Sector comes up, and spreads out into the air in three dimensions. Sorsha noted the look on her lover's face and grinned ::

"The Tenloss Syndicate belongs to us."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Her eyes lit up and a smirk began to creep along the left side of her face, "It pleases me that they came to their senses and voted you into power. A lot of mess was avoided."

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Yes. I've given everyone a little bonus, and incentive to bring in profits by endweek. The deadline is two hours after 12 noon, Imperial Standard Time, of course."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    "Glad my money is being put to good use." She crossed her arms, eyeing the monitor intently at the area carved out by the coup, "I would have hated to charge you interest if this hadn't of worked."

Sorsha Kasajian
    "I can assure you, the credits that roll in from this takeover will pay for the Skiprays by the end of the year."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    She chuckled and leaned over, kissing the top of Sorsha's head lightly, "And I thought you always knew when I was joking."

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: She lays her head in Miranda's lap and closes her eyes, but her mind was racing and scheming. It only stopped when she was dreaming ::

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    "Ah, ah, ah." Miranda cued up the documents that the teller had been trying to work on from downstairs. "I do need your help."

She sighed as every bit of detailed information about the transferred item was displayed. Sorsha's gift was stuck in customs. A fully restored, pre-Clone War, lightsaber that had found it's way onto Rodia.

"Happy birthday," she muttered. "Was supposed to get here in time for the security checks but your precious Rodians kept pushing back the deal."

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Her eyes snap open as she sits up. She looked bewildered, then amused ::

"Thank you. I suppose it's time to start teaching you the business."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    "You would think after four years of being together you should, but I do have a reputation to uphold."

Then she looked perplexed, "Why are you interested in this now?"

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: She stood and stretched, looking over the documents. Then an incoming message lit up the screen. She gave Miranda a kiss on the cheek ::

"One moment."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast