Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftereffects

Gen-Yil Kehandu
    "Vader was responsible for the deaths of many Jedi," Fig responded after a brief moment of reflection. "Too many friends fell to his blade."

And Drin was perhaps another name added to that list. The Jedi were all but wiped out by the Sith Lord and his devious master in perhaps the greatest lie ever perpetrated on the galaxy. Those lucky to survive were either hunted down like animals on the run, or forced to hide their abilities and make themselves powerless to do anything to change their fate. Some Jedi would have preferred death to being silenced as a defender of the Republic. Even with the Rebellion gaining strength by the month, it had seemed a hollow effort to resist the might of the Empire created by Palpatine and his dark power.

But now... now that could change. If the vision was true, and the line of the Sith was broken... perhaps hope yet remained.

"You had a good teacher," he commented, pulling himself back to the conversation. "Drin was one of the very best. It's good to know that he lived long enough to pass on his knowledge. One can only hope his fate was better than that of most of our comrades."

The subject of death, be it only suspected, nearly killled the dialogue. It was clear that the young woman was stung by the tale of her seperation from her mentor, and Fig himself didn't enjoy dredging up memories of his long dead brethren. It was time to open up a bit more.

"Everyone around hear knows me as 'Fig'," he stated without waiver. "It's the only name that I have used in years."

"My real name is... Gen-Yil. Gen-Yil Kehandu."

Lianna Mal Pannis
    "Everyone around here knows me as 'Fig'," he stated without waiver. "It's the only name that I have used in years."

The flow of the conversation had changed and Lianna appreciated it. Loosing Kizael was hard to accept and the Mal Pannis' did their best to comfort her, but Lianna had to work through her pain alone. She was a Jedi and Lianna needed to gain control over her emotions before they consumed her. Through much meditation and reflection upon her old Master's lessons, Lianna was able to focus and accept that the Force separated them for a reason.

Attachments were a path to the Dark Side, he said. Fear stems from loss and quickly it can consume a Jedi's thoughts and cloud their judgment.

Lianna thought she had understood that concept. For years, her and Kizael left friends and allies countless times in various systems. She had learned to not grow attached, but she always had her Master, Kizael. It crossed her mind several times that the Trianii might not always be at her side. But just as quickly, she dismissed such a reality, just as she dismissed his supposed death. He was not dead. She was adament of that fact eventhough she got the feeling Fig thought otherwise.

"My real name is... Gen-Yil. Gen-Yil Kehandu."

"I'm Lianna Mal Pannis," she smiled lightly, happy to have a name to associate with the Jedi and glad that he was willing to trust her in knowing his real name. "Though as you know that isn't my real last name. I continue to use it for I don't really know who my family is."

She chuckled softly, "It's rather complicated." With was quite the understatement. Kizael was only able to piece together what probably happened to land Lianna in his paws, but his ward didn't want to delve too much into her past. She was content as having Kizael as her mentor and father.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12