Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wastes of Ambria [completed]

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Baby.. I may be blind but what I lack in sight I make up for in sensuality ;)

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Jenny

The Wastes of Ambria [completed]

On route from Kamsul to Stenness, I have found myself in an… unfortunate situation. Earlier this morning the ships sensors picked up an Imperial scout ship sweeping the sector. With the ship ahead, my only option was to land on the nearest planet or moon. As fate would have it, I have been forced to dock on Ambria, a barren world to which I am no stranger. It has a dark past, one which I would rather not revisit… Regardless of my wishes, however, the Force has brought me here for a reason. Even in orbit I could sense something… something odd. The Jedi Archives spoke of a Master by the name of Thon who once tamed the darkness here, pushing it deep beneath the waters of Lake Natth. I can only hope that whatever Thon defeated remains as it was then – hidden…

The central settlement on Ambria was rarely quiet. Flanked on all sides by BioTech Industries offices, it was in constant motion. Though the world itself was inhospitable, the resources it had to offer were innumerable. At least in the Stenness system, Ambria was the first place to go if you were in need of the latest cyborg technologies or medical supplies. Though intent on keeping a low profile whilst planetside, the Jedi Knight Daria Nytherciria could not deny the opportunity to stock up on such supplies given the chance.

There was not the only opportunity she could not refuse. Although she had felt hesitant to leave her ship, a new calling tugged at her will, one she had known she would feel. Before long, she found her feet carrying her to the place that she had hoped she would never see again. As she walked, the sun lowered in the sky. The wind caught the edges of her robes. Ahead, she could make out of the shadow of a building. Though her eyes could not see it, the light refracted against its glass walls. Through the Force, she could see that there was life within – both plant and human. Against her better judgment, she continued towards the compound.

Severen Morkonis
    It was like being in a tunnel, slowly but surely you would make it to the end, make it to the light in comfort of its warmth and soft delicate touch. The wind blew calmly through the building, through the holes in which glass formaly stood in their pains. The breeze was chilly though still quite soothing, for a moment the man on the ground smiled, the wind and the sun were normaly at war, fighting for presidence over lands far and wide but today they seemed to be allied, the seemed to work closely together.

At this, the man awoke, his eyes glazed over by a milky film of white and red. Blood it seemed has crept into his eyes and had dried there. He could only open his eyes part way for the dried blood restriced anymore, he mouth felt dry, horrible and dry like water had not passed his mouth for many a moon. How long exsactly had he been out, how long had he been down here?

If his back gave any clue at all the pain suggested that he has been on the durasteel quite sometime. His first glimps into his new world was green leaves swaying gently in the breeze. green everywhere infact. Some with bright flowers, some with dull flowers, some were trees and herbs others were simply pretty flowers in bloom. Though some of the leaves were now tanning from lack of water Severen decided that it was the most beutiful place he had ever seen.

It was the only place he had ever seen.

Blood?

He instantly reached for his head and in return he felt a sharp pain course through his head. A pain unlike he could ever remember feeling. A flash centered in his mind, a purple strip of light clashing against red, sihloettes weilding them masterfully. Sparks, flaims and then darkness. He opened his eyes again this time he wanted to stand, he saw in his hands that he had older hands, instantly recognizing age through skin. he was old but not terribly old, perhaps fourty five, or fifty, with no reflective surface in site he would not see his face in a while.

Now standing a dizzyness came over him, his head was quite damaged, and although all around him were plants to help such a victim in a crisis, he was unable to remeber what any of the plants actually did- a noise...

The man turned his head sharply in the direction of the crack, noting the blood on the floor as he did so, a pool of red liquid where his head was sqeezed a moment of panic from his heart before he turned again in the direction the noise came, he saw an exit to his left, into a small potting room and in less than a moments though he bolted for it, shutting the door behind him and switching of the light.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Now only a matter of yards from the building, Daria stopped. There was nothing sinister or foreboding about what stood before her, yet the shadow of the dilapidated building loomed ominously over her. There was so much history within the four walls, history that seemed to be stopping her from moving any further. For a long time she simply stood and listened, to the Force, to the wind, to the silence. Slowly, concern crept into her mind.

I had last stood before this now ruined conservatory a matter of years ago. Then it had been my choice to come here, to find the one who called this place his sanctuary. It was my intention to hunt him down and kill him. I speak of course of a Sith Lord. There was no malice in me, no lust for revenge. I sought only to return balance to the Force…

The mantra of the Jedi code circled through Daria’s mind as she began walking once more. There is no emotion, there is peace. With every step, she felt closer to the shroud that surrounded the planet. The conflicting forces she had felt seemed to be emanating from within the walls of the glass house. It radiated confusion and fear.

For a Miraluka, everything is seen in terms of the Force. Daria saw none of the blood that marred the room. Stood in the open doorway, she saw only energy, vitality. The array of flora contained within the green house was vast. Though no botanist, she knew that such things could not flourish alone. Even if the plants had become unruly, overgrown, that had grown. Ambria was a desert world, a caretaker would be needed. Who, she wondered, would want to become keeper of such a place? Unless…

Carefully, she palmed the metallic cylinder that hung beneath her robes, concealing it from view. Her mind reaching out through the Force, she felt for the source of uncertainty – the void in this abundance of life.

Severen Morkonis
    'Who are you?' Said the man from behind her, this time he was armed, it was little more than a spade but it was something, anything to defend himself with. Cemented blood cascaded down his white shirt from the wound upon his head, his hair was matted from the red liquid he looked like a bum, somone poor and reckless.

Something prickled at the back of his mind, he could feel recognition within her but he could not place a finger on it. He lifted his spade higher, as high as his hand, aching nastily, could take it.

' Who are you and what do you want?'

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria froze. It took all of her will to remain composed. That voice. The lightsaber in her hand remained hidden, though her thumb now lingered over the activation switch. Slowly, she turned. The man she looked upon, however, was not the man she expected. Certainly, it was Severn Morkonis, yet there was something different about him. He did not feel… whole. Her cloak was a simple disguise, yet even this would have been transparent to one such as Severn – and yet, he did not recognize her.

“I apologize for intruding,” she said, speaking slowly and carefully. She sensed his pain.

“… You’re hurt. I have… some medical supplies.”

Severen Morkonis
    The man stepped back a few paces, Spade trembling slightly, it was beginning to get heavier and heavier, and harder to keep upright. He noticed that she had froze, he also noticed that she was stumbling over her words suspiciously, it was as if she knew what this was all about.

Spade there, although waivering, he held strong.

' You did not answer my question...'

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    She could not bring herself to say her real name. “My name is Lillith.”

Her lies were spoken without wavering. “I don’t mean you any harm. I only came to see these.. the flowers.”

Daria motioned her free hand towards the greenery that surrounded them.

“One of the market traders said they were quite a sight to behold.”

She paused only a moment. Any longer would have provoked further suspicion.

“Again, I apologize; I did not know that this was a private property. I shall leave now.”

Severen Morkonis
    ' You have medication?' he asked quickly, even before she took the first step to leave. He lowered the spade, surrendering to her offered help he dropped it to the ground with a clatter. he knew without help he would not make it out of here, let alone to the town at the bottom of the dune.

' I can safely say by the sound in your voice i look a fair sight...dont i?' His eyes sofened, he evaded her hidden gaze, shameful of his position, submissive an weak. ' Nice to meet you, er- he pointed at her, trying to remembr her name that she had said just moments before. ' Lillith?'

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria’s hand dipped into the folds of her cloak. As it did so, she concealed her lightsaber, convinced that at least for the moment it would not be needed. She retrieved a handful of salves from the pocket she had deposited the hilt in, and offered them (and her assistance) to him.

As I handed the med packs to Severen, I found myself wondering what had happened to cause this apparent amnesia. I did not sense that he was lying and thus could only assume that somehow the wounds he had received had caused enough internal damage to result in a loss of memory. Had I been responsible? All of this, all of the damage, had been a product of our feud – the feud that I thought had killed Darth Stratus… and yet, here he stood before him. Worse for wear, but alive.

Questions flooded my mind, as I questioned what I was to do with this new found knowledge. I had no Master or Council to report the find to. I was judge and jury, and for the time being I decided the truth was too sensitive a subject to broach...

“What happened here?”

Severen Morkonis
    He looked at the stalves for a moment, utterly perplexed by the usage of them. Severen motioned to his head, now glued in blood and some sort of gunge that had the potent smell of rot about it. ' Could you, um?' He tried to smile, but even that seemed painful, be it mentaly rather than physicaly. His eyes turned this way and that, searching the greenhouse.

' I wish i knew what happned, i've only just this moment awoke from my slumber on the ground, there, you can see the blood, that was my resting place.' he scanned his mind quickly, trying to find any clues even within is mind, but it was blank, a void of utter blackness filled his memory, as if it had been forcefully removed, and the hole in his head was the extraction point.

' I dont know Lillith-' he took a glance at the giant plant in the centre of the entire greenhouse, it grew nearly to the top of the domed building, almost looking like a palmtree, but its leaves were red in colour and its trunk was a lush green.'-Beautiful is'nt it? Whomever made this had such a talent.' he gazed up looking at the plant in awe.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “It’s wonderful,” she smiled somewhat, getting to work apply the medical salves. As she had suspected, Severen had suffered memory loss. She wondered, with alarm, if he had been this way since their last confrontation. It had been years since their sabers had clashed and although it was not unheard of for the Force to care for a Jedi, she had never heard of a Dark Sider being sustained as such. It was nothing short of a miracle.

As she pressed a patch to his forehead, careful to be gentle as he winced away, Daria asked, “You don’t remember anything at all, not even your name?”

Severen Morkonis
    ' Ouch, ouch, ouch-' Severen winced as the pads touched his head, but gave a teasing smile all the same and let her continue, it was almost as if he had known her for quite some while, years even, he felt quite comfortible with her, why, he had no idea, but he felt rather accustomed to her presence.

'-No i can't say that i remember anything only, i see when i close my eyes, two shadowed figures, one with a purple blade and the other with a red one, sparks, fire and they are fighting with them, thats about all i remember...'

He let that sink in his own mind, trying to figure out exsactly what these blades could be, he had never seen anything like it. Of course he remembered the fundermentals, knives, daggers and swords, but swords that glowed a colour or two? Never had he seen that.

' Whats a Jedi?' He blurted quickly, the word litrally sprining to his mind as he said it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “A Jedi is...”

Here hesitation was evident. Truth be told, it was a difficult question to answer. There were so many interpretations of what a Jedi should and should not be, that it had become almost impossible to define exactly what they were. Of course, for each explanation there was one common feature.

“A Jedi is someone who is in tune with the Force. Typically they use it to help them help others, for the greater good.” She smiled somewhat, applying a thin gauzing and bandage to Severens head, to keep the bacta patch in place.

“The most famous Jedi that you may have heard of is Luke Skywalker. He was one of only a handful of his kind left.”

Severen Morkonis
    'They use the force for good?'

Severen said in a thoughtful tone. He seemed relaxed and quite mellow towards the woman who he had only just met. it was if, strangley these two had ha a very long history, somwhere in the back of Severesn mind was a hint of knowing her.

' Do i know you at all? you seem to have a look of recognition in you're voice when you first spoke...'

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria shook her head. “I don’t believe we’ve met, no. I’m sure I would have remembered. I have a good memory for faces.”

Lying. It wasn’t the way of the Jedi. Honesty was the way… perhaps I’d lost my way? Then again, the code was merely a guideline. There had never been any necessity to follow it to the letter, not since the arrogant days of the Old Republic, and I remembered all too well how the Jedi then had faired. This situation required delicacy.

Looking around for a moment, Daria’s mind was made up. “I was going to head back to my ship for a meal. Why don’t you join me? I don’t often have company… it would be nice to have someone else to cook for.”

Severen Morkonis
    ' I have felt as if i have not eatern in some time, my stomerch souns as-' It made a noise coincidently as if it was somehow answering Severen and his call for food. '-I dont know should i let my stomerch do the talking?' Morkinis smiled then, a smile not seen in countless years, a treat.

Raising from his seated position he gestured towards the door, but on reconcideration he stopped and looked at the potted plants. An idea snapping to attention.

' Are any of this edible?' he asked her, quite intrigued by the small round, melon looking plant to his left.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “I would like to venture a guess,” Daria said, glancing at various plans. None appeared immediately harmful, but nature had a way of playing tricks on you like that. She smiled somewhat at the thought, her mind distracted. Quickly, she shook the thought away.

“If nothing else, you need to see a doctor,” she continued, reasserting her concentration.

“And the local law enforcement. They should be informed about what’s happened.”

Truthfully, Daria doubted such an action would be of any use. If Severen truly had lain in the greenhouse comatose for a number of years, it seemed unlikely that any of the locals cared about his situation, despite their previously friendly appearance.

Severen Morkonis
    ' I'd rather not get those people involved, they are useless as-as far as i can remember' Severen frowned, the first time he actually said something that reminded him of his own past, the local down below saw him as a Imperial, one that was once within the intelligence of the Empire, but not now and certainly severen could not remember it.

'Come, lets eat, im starving' Severen got up and began to leave the building. He dropped the spade onto the floor and smiled at Daria, gesturing towards the door.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    As far as I can remember, he had said. Was his memory returning? I was dubious – and truthfully hopeful that it would remain clouded for the time being. If Severen was to remember himself, it needed to be a slow careful process. One that I didn’t want the burden of overseeing, yet felt I was going to be lumbered with regardless, such was the will of the Force.

“I’m afraid I’m not the best cook in the galaxy. I can’t promise you won’t end up with an upset stomach,” Daria said as they headed outside. There was very little light left now, the sun having all but vanished beneath the horizon. The Miraluka, naturally, did not notice this. What she did notice, however, were the silhouettes of a group of people a short distance away. Their auras were dark, and their intentions even more so.

Severen Morkonis
    'We saw you go in, and now you come out, we would like everything you posess if you do not mind.' Sarcasem raged through his voice as if it was a natual slither of his energy. Well it was, somehow Seeren could feel that this man was little more than a thief, but a thief with great history and connections. he could feel, strangley, that he had other intentions other than just to take their belongings.

' And what if we dont?' Morkinis pressed, his eyes firm on thos within th shadow, he already knew the answer even before it escaped the lips of those present. What was going on, was he just predicting, or assuming correctly?

' We will gut you like we do the creatures of the lake, not far from here, Morkinis. I did not expect to see you ever again, it has been some time since i have dealt with you!'

Severen paused half way through a retort, his eyes searching the sand, not for anything, but mostly for something in his mind, however that someting, that anything refused to come. Blind of thought he looked back up.

' You lie! I would never have dealings with such rabble, such scum!'

The men in the shadow shifted uneasily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast