Thread: Pulling a Bindo

I'nu

Reb Pulling a Bindo

Pulling a Bindo

Building picked at the sky, sort of like a finger to a booger. That is, if the classification is human. About a hand full of the kids were not. Young Hutts, Biths, Farghuls and more moved amidst the unruly crowd. A party was going on in the Upper Levels of Vorzyd V and all the privileged children were welcome to enjoy the festivities. This was just another day for the rich kids. All fun, no work, it was their life.

It was the life.

At least, I’nu saw it that way. He wasn’t privileged. He snuck in. Above shined half-lit bulbs, neon, and the room was lust. Each person was drenched, beautiful, and open. Off to the side two girls kissed; they were hired models. The party was hosted by a girl I’nu knew back on Corulag. She used to be Esta, the Fallen, and a socialite. Now she goes by Es, a B-list actor. Still looked Fallen, but no one noticed. To the crowd she was a celebrity. I’nu still had to sneak in.

Bunched up next to Biks, the tattoo artist (Es’ ex-boyfriend), I’nu couldn’t see. The room was dark, beside the lights. Everyone was dancing, and I’nu wasn’t eager to make a fool of himself. It wasn’t that he couldn’t dance, but that wasn’t the objective. I’nu had come to waste time, not make time. Anytime he got involved, he got involved. There was no half-doing it with parties like this. Either you wake up confused, on someone’s bed, or near a toilet throwing up, or you go home with both eyes wide open. There was no middle ground.

I’nu would talk, chit-chat, get some contacts, and leave. That was the plan. Would it work? He didn’t know, but I’nu wanted go out. The motel was lame, and he was stuck in the lower levels. No one paid him any mind, except the bums. They always had their hands out, begging. It was sad. He hated it. I’nu fled to Bik’s parlor and didn’t look back. Later on he planned to get back and finish the business he had come here to do, but that was later.

As of now, he planned to enjoy himself…a tad.

“So your names I’nu. How cute.”

The girl didn’t remember him. About a year ago she was in his class, back on Corulag. She wasn’t popular than, just knew Esta. Times had changed. I’nu smirked. Hands dipped in his pockets, eyes straying for a second to the crowd, and back at her, he nodded. He kept coy, though. I’nu always played the flirting game quite well.

“Yaaah…? Well I dink y’a lot cuta’ than m’name is.”

She smiled. Bik faded off in the crowd. I’nu would follow, soon enough. There was no way he’d be left alone with this boring girl, at least not in this position. As she grinned it up, I’nu went for her hand. A quick grab later, he was pulling her off to the dance floor.

“Lets dance.”

I’nu had to waste some more time. No call had come in yet, and his prototype drawings were just waiting to be looked over. Plus, he had the actual prototype with him. Of course, with I’nu it was always pleasure before business, but he didn’t like Vorzyd V. Far too boring for his taste.

I'nu
    This fuzzy dude had a taste for fun, adventure, laughs, and of course exotic women. None of these were at the party. The woman weren’t exotic, they were plain. Quite materialistic, too, but he wasn’t no monk. But what was worst about it was those fake laughs. Anytime someone that mattered cracked a joke, someone laughed off to the side. Most people were dancing though, so that was distracting fun to forget the adventure part. What he didn’t forget though, was his comm. link.

I’nu kept in his back pocket. Always.

Whether it was a girl that he forgot he gave his number, or some silly drunken caller, he was only a swipe away. And in seconds, he was swiping. Stepping back to make some room, he gave a pleasant, polite, nod to Esta’s friend. The girl sweated all over him. It was hot in this place, but not that hot. But how could he complain, he was single, right?

Well, not for long.

He was married to this project, and from the glance he gave to his comm. link it was clear that the call was serious. Once sweeping look over the crowd and he found Bik. Lifted the phone up, pointed toward the balcony, and drifted off. I’nu didn’t have to say it; the signals did that all for him.

Good thing no one else was out on the balcony sweet-talking somebody, or trying to hoax to come to this “great” party. He was alone. So, he could talk like he was alone.

“Ay, dis is I’nu, y’on ya way?”

Zeel Attond
    "I'm not gunna make it."

The words cut through. In the background, it was quiet. Zeel always was one for mystique, mystery and detail. He could hear the other side. There was the a crowd there, wherever I'nu was. It mattered little. Zeel had a relationship built. The two were friends, back in the day of being Sub-Adult members. They both had been dealt that blow of dealing with the Empire. Times changed though, and the path they were given wasn't followed. Their path was shared though, and that was all that matterd.

"Someone else is...

Meet the contact at the Landing Bay 42-X5. Upper Level, in 5 standard Hours.

Signing off..."

I'nu
    I'nu didn't get a chance to respond. Zeel was always straight to the point. It wasn't how I'nu handle business, but he could relate. A lot of pressure was on the Red Sign boys to stay discrete. It was why I'nu never really dealt too heavily with them. Everything was strictly business; it was always about the credits. Any further, and he would sabotage everything. I'nu wasn't a discrete person.

With a sigh, turn, and pocket of the com. link, he turned back to the party. A big grin locked onto his face, and pulled him back into the blacken crowd. The lights were still as dim as ever. The sweat was still as sticky as ever. The woman were still as sexy as ever, and he was ready to take all in again. Hands wide, foot forward, he opened his mouth and let out a call.

"Now who d'lucky one dats gunna dance wit o' I'nu?!"

I'nu had four more hours, and he wasn't going to use them to be discrete.

I'nu
    Bodies banged to the beat. Laughs roared under the boom of the music. Sounds flared everywhere, and they were all a mesh. I'nu was caught in between it all. Eyes closed, body swept in the oozing groove, he became a slime-ball of sweat. A few hours had passed. He didn't notice. All he noted were the girls, the fun, the moment. Someone had thrown-up a couple minutes back off in the corner. No one cared. The girl was carried off to a bathroom, and handled.

The show went on.

He was happily trapped there. One Zeltron was slung off to his right, while her bigger friend pressed up against him with a few more curves than he had bargain for. The two for one deal was generous, but she was a bit much. He had been trying to dance with the two for a couple songs now, and it wasn't exactly working...

His back was hurting. Or so he would lie.

"M'back hurts...lettme getcha some drinks," he yelled.

Time for his escape!

I'nu
    He tripped.

He stumbled.

The crowd was thick. A flux of faces, neon colors, and smells paraded on his sense. Too many drinks were in their system, while he - he was just now getting a bit woozy. The next step would be a bad one. He had to slow down. I'nu kept composed as he slow-step through the flock. Far too much was happening, and he couldn't keep focus.

If he could just get to the bar, he'd be fine.

Aros Indigu
    "Need help..."

The unique accent pierced through the boom. Music blared, but he motion without care. The exotic beauty trickled down from his head in white, as his skin lay pale decorated with markings known only to his species. Blood red dagger from his hairline and faux tears dipped in an oil black made up his eyes. It was Aros, the pilot. The fleet knew him as Cupid, but he rather just be the helping hand in this occasion.

More was to come, but less was to be said. Aros always moved in silence. Without another word, he offered his hand. Grabbing at the mutt's arm he gave a gentle pull and dragged him carefully throughout the mess called the dance floor.

He'd get him to the bar and from there...well, it was up to I'nu to handle the rest.

I'nu
    The tug was strong. And sudden. I'nu didn't know what happened. His eyes shot up, around, about, blinking in a crazy fit. Then, he stopped. Let himself focus, and took the guy in. He was weird. Markings all over his face; I'nu was surprised to see something like that at this party. It didn't take long, though, for him to get it.

I'nu knew what it was all about before his feet went dragging.

Step after step, the two drifted to the bar. Hidden by the scour of faces, he leaned up against it, let his eyes get another jist of the man's posture, and began.

"Rebel?"