Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep Your Friends Close...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The Baroness of Bespin

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Jenny

Imp Keep Your Friends Close...

It had been just over two weeks since the glorious ascension of Miranda Tarkin to the seat of Galactic Empress. To those whom she counted amongst her close friends and allies, it was a wonderful time, full of triumph and a seemingly endless optimism for the future to come.

On top of everything, a matter of days ago Sanya Tagge had managed to secure the capture of two high-priority members of the Rebel Alliance. At that very moment, Dasquian Belargic was being processed by the Imperial Citadel. The deft hands of the Inquisitor's were plucking from his mind secrets and truths which would undoubtedly contribute towards the final destruction of the Rebellion.

All things considered, a celebration was in order. At the request of the Miranda Tarkin herself, a dinner had been organized to bring together those whom the Empress considered closest to her heart. The guest list numbered only three, but between them their political and economical influence was vast and galaxy compassing. Hardly surprising, then, that the speeder the Tagge siblings arrived in looked as if it had cost a million credits.

As they ascended the many floors of the Imperial Palace, towards the suite in which their meal was scheduled to take place, Sanya Tagge briefly appraised her appearance as it was reflected in the transparisteel walls. More scrutinizing was the look she gave her brother, a look of mild irritation crossing his features as she smoothed out a wrinkle in the breast of his pale gray suit.

“You look like.. a croupier,” she sighed, edging his tie back and forth until it was perfectly centered.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Dear Diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy.

AKA
    Jenny
    Rolling his neck – and his eyes – Gallus glanced upwards, away from the disapproving glare in his sister's eyes. “Yes, mother.”

Sanya huffed and her hands fell away from his throat, bare arms folding across her chest. She was a self-taught master of the cold shoulder. Gallus sighed, having no desire to spend the evening on the receiving end of such a chilly attitude.

“Would you relax? Remember why we're here: we've earned the right to let our hair down for a little while.”

There was no reply, of course, but within a matter of moments the elevator doors were hissing open, and the pair stepped out to be greeted by two guardsmen. Wordless approval was given to their passing and they strode on towards the double-doors which concealed the palace's uppermost suite.
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Jan 11th, 2009 at 06:42:39 AM.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha stood before the mirror, Mira's words playing clear in her mind as she waited for the Tagges to arrive. There was nothing to fear. She promised to be the shining jewel of good behavior. Nothing would sully this occasion, not even Sanya. Adjusting her black dress with a smile, she stepped out into the main room as a servant announced their arrival ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    The attendant offering the introductions gave a sweeping bow as he spoke.

“His Imperial Highness Baron Gallus Tagge...”

Gallus effected a bow of his own, though not quite so deep. The string of titles he was accumulating as Miranda's husband to be hadn't quite gone to his head yet, with much of the formality rolling over him like water off a duck's back.

“Her Worship Minister Sanya Tagge...”

There was no curtsy, only a slight incline of the head first to the servant and then to Sorsha Kasajian herself. Her rouged lips remained pressed together in a small smile, as Gallus strode confidently forwards, with open arms.

“Sorsha.. it's been too long. You look fantastic.”
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Jan 11th, 2009 at 06:29:48 AM.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha returned Sanya's smile, polite enough to acknowledge her as she embraced Gallus ::

"Far too long."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Next time, we mustn't stay apart for quite so long,” Gallus replied, as he withdrew from the embrace, glancing around the suite. All was still and quiet, though he thought he heard the faint strains of music from somewhere within. “I hope we aren't late?”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The Baroness of Bespin

AKA
    Jenny

Sanya joined her brother at his side, stepping away for only a moment to greet Sorsha with a soft kiss on each cheek, her lips barely touching skin.

Sorsha Kasajian
    "No. If only Mira were here tonight."

:: She sighed wistfully, but there was laughter hidden deep inside as she continued ::

"You look beautiful, Sanya."
    Last edited by Sorsha Kasajian; Jan 10th, 2009 at 02:55:35 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    The broad smile Gallus wore softened at the edges, a hint of confusion in his eyes. “Miranda won't be joining us?”

For a pair who were to be wed, Gallus Tagge and Miranda Tarkin saw surprisingly little of one another. According to Sanya and her Ministry of Truth, they kept one another's company on a regular basis – but the truth of it was that neither had the time. TaggeCo would not run itself; only in the last week Gallus had been called away to Bonadan to resolve a strike within the Mining Company and then to Corulag, to officially open the latest research and development lab of Gowix Computers. Miranda, of course, had business of her own – the whole galaxy was her business now. Undoubtedly, there was a lot her various councils and departmental directors were still in the process of briefing her on.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The Baroness of Bespin

AKA
    Jenny
    Sanya did not pout, for all she wanted to. “Pity.”

She laid a hand on Gallus's shoulder, as if to offer consolation. Though Gallus was the older of the two siblings, it was often Sanya who played the part of the elder. Whilst she had come to Ulric Tagge as a wailing infant, apt to tantrums and hysteria, Imperial education and doctrine had smoothed away the rough edges of her personality, turning rough carbon into a polished diamond. Gallus knew how to conduct himself, but when it came to appearances, Miranda's chosen Minister of Truth reigned supreme.

“But we shouldn't let that dampen our spirits. I'm sure Mira would want us to have a wonderful evening, regardless.”

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha nodded, leading them into the next room ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    No expense had been spared in the decoration of the suite, yet there was nothing gaudy or decadent about it. Gallus noted, with satisfaction, the sleek efficiency of it all. It was classy and understated, yet the dark supple curves of the furniture and fittings were high quality. Glancing pointedly at Sanya, Gallus thought how it all made a nice change from the dreary, dusty Chateau Malreaux.

Two bottles of wine awaited them on a low, dark glass coffee table. Gallus picked one out of its chiller bucket and examined the label. “You know I was thinking about buying a couple of vineyards on Naboo,” he said, turning the bottle in his hands, noting the vintage.

“Some.. family-run place perhaps – and a lakeside villa with a pergola. Somewhere warm, with clean air.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The Baroness of Bespin

AKA
    Jenny
    Sanya remained standing, deferring to their hostess to direct where they would sit.

“Naboo?” she quirked an eyebrow at her brother. “Perhaps there is a little romance in you after all.”

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha smiled at that involuntarily, and she gazed into Gallus eyes a moment before seating them at the table. He was a handsome man, and a close friend. She seriously considered the thought of allowing him a night with Miranda if she wanted it. There would be a catch though ... :::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Gallus looked up with a grin. “Romantic?” He slid the bottle back into its chiller and turned to face the two women with whom he would be spending the evening. There was a twinkling in his eyes. “Can you blame me? I'm going to be a married man soon. I've every reason to be sentimental.”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The Baroness of Bespin

AKA
    Jenny
    “Of course you have.”

Sanya smiled, glancing between her brother and Sorsha, wondering if the latter understood the true nature of Gallus's marriage to the Empress. Kasajian was another of Miranda's close confidants – one of the closest in fact – but it was possible that their shared deception had been concealed from even her.

With the trio now seated, Sanya folded her hands neatly on the table in front of her. Her eyes met Sorsha's.

“So.. what culinary delights will be enjoying this evening?”

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha noted the look behind Sanya's eyes, and it made her seethe inside. She smiled instead ::

"The finest dishes dishes the Manarai has to offer, and even a few you've never tasted before."

:: The servants brought them a decadant sampling of food and drink ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Eyes roving over the feast on offer, Gallus picked out something - colorful and complicated looking - at random. Just one bite and he gave a satisfied groan.

“Ah, the perks of my position..” he said with a contented sigh.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The Baroness of Bespin

AKA
    Jenny
    Watching her brother, Sanya couldn't help but smile a little. He hadn't the faintest idea what he was eating, but was nonetheless blissful in his ignorance. It looked as if he had just discovered the delight of a particularly rare cooked oyster and was slurping clean it's shell with relish. Sanya opted for one of the same, the taste of it strong and salty on her lips and tongue. Setting aside the empty shell for a servant to deal with, she watched Gallus for a moment longer before glancing up to her host.

“So, Sorsha.. how are you?”

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha sampled one of the delicacies herself, dipping it in sesame ginger sauce before answering. The acquisition of the Manarai, and it's top chefs, after Xizor's demise was a gift that kept on giving. She would also render it's services for Miranda & Gallus' Wedding ::

"Quite well. Business has picked up for me."

:: She smiled and sipped her Rodian Sake. It was well known within the Imperial Families that House Kasajian were members of the Assassin's Guild. Palpatine himself often used the Guild to make certain individuals 'disappear' as he saw fit. It was never questioned by anyone ::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast