Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Sun Rising - The Sands Run Red

Sorsha Kasajian

Black Sun Rising - The Sands Run Red

JABBA'S PALACE, NORTHERN DUNE SEA

:: Two Months had passed since Sorsha's seizure of her late god-father's estates. The B'omarr Monks that inhabited the palace had been mysteriously wiped out before her arrival. Regardless, she had the entire complex cleaned and redecorated to suit her personal tastes.

Sorsha grieved the loss of the old hutt deeply. She adored him, and it infuriated her that the scavengers were trying to lay claims to her rightful inheritence. Bringing in one of Jabba's top leiutenants, she declared a vicious jihad on the rest of them. With Corvus at her side, she had managed to eliminate Llleag'Mak, Revidjasa, and Lady Valarian from the chessboard. Now there was Belryn to deal with. One of the deceased Valarian's associates. The Chevin was pugnacious to a fault, refusing to fall in line and even conspiring with Xavier to undermine her control of the Mos Eisley underworld.

She sat in the throne room with her leiutenants, waiting to hear from a new contact. The man's name was Byl Laprovik. Hopefully he wouldn't turn out to be the disappointment Sanis Prent was ::

TheHolo.Net Poster

Chicks dig scars, right? Right guys? Guys? Hello?

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Byl arrived with little fanfare to the Tattooine monastery, hooded jacket drawn over him to protect him from the cold of the night. He'd dropped a line from Coruscant to the Rim, after netting his previous score from an Imperial arms supplier.

The guards fronted with him, and he cut to the chase, saying that he had an appointment to keep with Sorsha Kasajian. They parted, and let him in.

Byl made it his business to read the tea leaves in Black Sun. They were the most influential player in the underworld, and it always made business sense to keep connected to a network of that size.

He stopped before Sorsha and her henchmen, and pulled back his hood.

"Vigo Kasajian. Glad to finally meet you."

He didn't put on airs or ingratiate himself. He would let his practical nature speak for itself.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Miranda kept wondering when she had gone completely space happy because normally she'd never agree to this charade. She had come with Sorsha to Tatooine to watch her procure their interests, not actually dress up pretending to be one of the guards. But Sorsha insisted that Miranda be there for the meeting and after awhile, she gave up and came here to please her lover. She was standing next to the throne in black body armor, holding a force pike that she had no idea how to use. At least there was a blaster at her side incase things got messy.

This was the only viable way for Miranda to be present since the armor would hide her identity. Unfortunately, the helmet barely fit but thankfully the t-shaped visor allowed her ample space to watch the proceedings. The rest of the armor was made of a durable polymer that clamped into place over a black body suit.

She looked threatening but felt utterly ridiculous.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: She bid him to join her at the table ::

"Please, call me Sorsha."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Alright."

Byl nodded, moving to the table that Sorsha had directed him to.

"I've recently come into possession of some hardware I need to fence. I had some names of people who might be interested in it. I have respect for your organization, so I came to you first."

There was a half truth to it. While Black Sun was as low in Byl's eyes as any of the other criminals and rabble he dealt with, he understood the power and influence they peddled. They had a universal commodity of brand name and reach. A person who spent his time in the shadows was wise to stay on their good terms.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: The table was set in elegant fashion, with bowls of exotic fruits and dates. A silver goblet of honey mead was set before Byl by one of Sorsha's many servants ::

"You have my attention, Mister Laprovik. Tell me more."

:: She sipped from her own goblet and leaned forward, her eyes sparkling with interest ::

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Small arms and assorted ordinance, enough for a battalion or so."

Byl nodded to the servant girl as she left.

"Used, but servicable. I've inspected the pieces myself, so rest assured they shoot straight. A cache this size would do well against the type of enemies large enough to annoy you."

He smiled through one corner of his mouth and cracked his knuckles.

"I'm asking a favor in exchange, Sorsha. I've got enough firepower. I'd like to borrow your manpower."

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: She canted her head at the request ::

"What seems to be your trouble?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "I need a man killed."

Byl slid a holo flimsy across the table.

"Imperial, but a low level bureaucrat. Lives on Coruscant."

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: She took it from Byl and scrutinized it in silence ::

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "There are also some liquid securities in this man's possession. Equity options and the sort."

Byl passed a small data disk to the Vigo.

"Here's an inventory of the man's portfolio. I ask for 40% of the take, and leave you the rest.

But don't be too focused on the theft. I'm mainly after his life."

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Where is the hardware?"

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Wilan Nelsin was the name on the datapad, one in which Miranda didn't recognize. She would have to do some snooping for Sorsha later.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "I'm holding it in storage, save for samples I've brought along. I have enough with me to equip a dozen people, which should be enough for the task if you like the quality."

Sorsha Kasajian
    "What you've asked for is an assassination, and you shall have it."

:: She rose from the table ::

"I'm sending one of my own to do the work."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Thank you Sorsha."

Byl rose as his host did.

"Would you like a demonstration of the merchandise?"

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Her eyes lit up ::

"Please."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Byl left the audience chamber, with Sorsha and her entourage with him. They exited the temple's gates, where Byl's ship sat. He entered briefly, dragging a large crate which relied on a repulsor to be moved. Setting it in front of the Vigo and her faithful, Byl keyed the combination to open the crate. The lid slid upwards with silent hydraulics.

"Alright."

The Rebel agent cracked his knuckles, before pulling out one of the weapons.

"This is a military issue E-11C blaster carbine. Standard accessory rails, and collapsible stock. If you're familiar with the original milspec, the trigger and recoil buffer have been improved for a tighter field of fire. There's superficial wear on the finish, and..."

With a grunt, Byl pulled out one of the retaining pins on the blaster's frame, opening up the superstructure for Sorsha to look inside.

"...trace amounts of carbon in the focusing chamber, which a sonic cleaning will rectify."

He closed the weapon, and inserted a tibanna cartridge into the side, and a power cyllinder into the rear. Eyeing the horizon, he spotted a troop of Jawas tugging an eopie along a rocky ridge.

"Easy click alignment for elevation and windage. It will zero in seconds."

Shouldering the carbine, Byl squeezed off a shot, hitting the Eopie squarely between the front two shoulders, dropping the beast on it's side. He lowered the weapon, squinting in the distance.

"We'll call that 175-200 meters."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Miranda's grin was bigger then a kid in a candy store. Sorsha's contact had impressed her greatly with the weapons supplied. Laprovik's request was unfortunate however. If her researched proved fruitless, then she could easily acquiesce to his deal. The Imperial he wanted assassinated was probably nothing more then a corrupt politician, otherwise alarms would have gone off in Miranda's head.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha smiled widely ::

"How soon can you have the shipment for me?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast