Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fragmented Past ... (Complete)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A radiation wave hit and I got shot through a wormhole. Lost in some distant part of the universe on a forum - a roleplaying forum - full of strange alien life forms. Help me!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Dani

Fragmented Past ... (Complete)

The Rocinante had landed several hours ago outside the suburb of Tondatha. It had taken many months to rebuild this city after the Imperials had raised it, but the people of Agamar were proud people. Restoring their city was defying the Empire and bringing hope to all of those against their iron rule.

Even the land was healing. Some of the ground was still being difficult in growing the grass back, but many trees had been planted to offset the little damage that was left.

Vishan really wanted to stay within the city. The people here had exciting stories to tell and there was still a lot of work that needed to be done. His Jedi Master, Soolin, agreed but it was important that his training to become a Jedi continue. His Padawan training had been suffering as of late because of all of his side excursions. Vishan was a man that followed his heart and training could be done later, at least that was his view. Soolin finally had to put her foot down.

After packing enough equipment for their hike and camp, Master and Apprentice set off into the wilderness with their wolf companion, Grimya, following close by. From what he was told, Soolin had often come here for peace and had a good rapport with the people. They wouldn't be bothered and their ship would be well protected. He had a hunch that some of the folks here were wise to the fact Soolin was Jedi.

The trek was pleasant. Agamar was in the middle of fall and the leaves were changing into bright oranges, yellows and reds. The air was crisp, but not too cold, which made for an enjoyable walk, which was done mostly in silence. They two of them had such a strong rapport between them that there was no such thing as an uncomfortable silence.

Only problem was, Vishan wasn't quite sure where they were heading. Direction? Sure, but actual location? Nope. It could be no place in particular or something special. With Soolin, you never knew.

Grimya trotted past him, happily rubbing against his leg. Soon the wolf was a few meters ahead on the look out.

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: They eventually reached a hilltop, with an expansive view of the valley below. She reached into a pouch and took a portion of the dried fruit and sunflower seeds inside, then offered the pouch to Vishan while she scanned the valley ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A radiation wave hit and I got shot through a wormhole. Lost in some distant part of the universe on a forum - a roleplaying forum - full of strange alien life forms. Help me!

AKA
    Dani
    "T'anks." He reached in a pulled out a few seeds and then began tossing one seed at a time into the air, catching them with his mouth.

Down in the valley below, grass rippled against a soft breeze. Several areas had overgrown brush that probably was home to a critter or two. The only thing that the Padawan wasn't sure of was if this was the place Soolin was leading him too, or if this was merely a nice place to rest.

Soolin Anjhurin
    "I think we'll make camp here."

:: She leaned against a rock and gazed at the sky as she ate ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    And there you have it.

Vishan gave Soolin back the pouch of seeds and started breaking down the items needed to make camp.

Soolin Anjhurin
    "I'm going to go catch our evening meal."

:: She nodded then proceeded down the hill to the forest with Grimya in tow ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Okay," he unrolled the tents and staked the spikes into the ground. "Ah should be done by th' time you two get back."

Soon as the tents were up, he would gather some firewood and get a fire going. Maybe Vishan would luck out and find some edible fruit or spices up along the ridge.

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Meanwhile, Soolin went down into the forest to track and hunt. Life-bonded to the she-wolf as she was, it did not take long to find a deer-like animal in the deep woods. Half an arn later, she made her way back to camp with the kill ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    The camp was already set up and Vishan was just starting to put together the camp fire when his Master returned. "Good timin'."

He pulled out the skinning knife and handed it over to Soolin, "Tha' didn't take too long."

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: She set the beast down and took the skinning knife ::

"Grimya is a good tracker."

:: She smiled at the she-wolf ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Vishan tipped a branch in salute to the wolf, "An' Ah t'ank her kindly cuz if trackin' for food were left up ta you all th' time we'd starve."

At that point, he held up his hands in defense because he knew the stare of death was going to be directed his way, though it didn't contain his laughter. They were on Endor and it was one of the few times that Grimya didn't come on the hunt. Soolin had tracked them down right into a trap and were dangling inside a net for close to three hours before the she-wolf found them and nibbled them to freedom.

He swore that Soolin would never hear the end of it...

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: She looked at Vishan and blinked, then regarded Grimya, who yawned widely in self-defense. Then she went back to skinning the deer ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    He gave Grimya a wink and started the fire.

To be fair, the situation was rather embarrassing to them both. Those nets were rather cozy. Too cozy and made for an uncomfortable situation for awhile.

"So," he coughed, diverting the subject, "Are we gonna 'ave left overs? Ah could break out th' storage units."

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: It was a medium-sized animal ::

"Yes, please."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    He broke down some of the gear and rummaged for the small metallic storage units. They were designed especially for long space travels or for extended hiking and camping campains and the cells used to power the units could last weeks.

" 'ere ya go. Oh ..." He tossed her a wrapped bundle full of native fruit and plants. " ... Ah found these while gettin' fire wood."

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Soolin stopped to look over the bundle and smiled approvingly. A short time later, the deer was cooking ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    While dinner was cooking, Vishan and Grimya were romping about playing. They were playing tag and the only reason that he had a chance against the wolf was because of the Force. Most of the time it was Vishan doing the chasing anyway. It was good fun and practice.

Grimya was now it and Vishan was narrowing the gap. He was getting wise to when she would suddenly dart off in one direction and adjusted quickly, a nice improvement then falling flat on his face most of the time.

This time he was ready. He took off his shirt. It was getting warm with all the physical exertion but that wasn't the only reason. Quickening the pace, he followed hot on Grimya's paws. When he felt the moment was right, he sprung at the wolf.

"HA HA!!! GOTCHA!!!" The shirt would give him more body area to cover. He wanted to not only tag the wolf but capture her too. Unfortunately, not all good ideas are rewarded. Grimya, sensing the impending attack, jumped out of harms way. He fell flat on his face eating dirt and skidded to a halt. Grimya padded victoriously over to him, laid down and proceeded to lick his mucked up, sour pussed, face.

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: A pair of boots walked up as the she-wolf padded away, then Soolin looked at him upside down ::

"Try not to eat too much of that, it's almost ready. And please wash up."

:: She turned around, hiding her grin as she walked away ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    Vishan spat out some grass and pulled himself up to his knees, chuckling. "Ah'ma gonna get tha' wolf one o'these days."

He applied the shirt to his face and chest to get off most of the dirt and sweat before making his way back to camp. He popped open one of the canteens and splashed a clean part of the shirt with water to wash off the rest.

The dirty shirt was thrown over one of the tent lines and he grabbed a fresh one to put on as he sat down for dinner. It smelled wonderful. "Ya really made use o'th' stuff Ah found, eh Soolin."

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Soolin served Vishan first, then gave Grimya her portion before sitting down across from her companion ::

"I learned a thing or two back on Calan, from a man called Petros."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast