Thread: Grand Coruscant (Open)

Blade Bacquin

Grand Coruscant (Open)

He had arrived just hours ago and already he was lost in a city that was once familiar to him. Statues of a sith he thought long dead still hung high all over the city. This was indeed a brave new world Blade had stepped into. Things where so different from the Coruscant he knew, Jedi did not rule over the city and the imperials seemed to be the main governing body.

He wandered aimlessly through the streets still lost in his surroundings. Finally he came across a place he knew a restaurant called the Grand Coruscant. He had never been the place knowing it was only for the richest of the rich but allot had changed. He slipped quietly past the door man with out even a glance in his direction.

The place was ritzy but not unlike anything he had seen before. It brought back memories of the mansion on Meras, Memories he quickly shuffled to the back of his mind. He slowly approached the maitre d' who gave him a stern look.

maitre d': You are not dressed appropriately

Blade looked down at what he was wearing and noticed he kind of did stand out a bit. He was wearing a long brown tattered trench coat with a white shirt underneath. He also had on Blue jeans and combat boats. He noticed every one else was dressed in nice suits and dresses and had nicely groomed hair. Blade had shaggy long hair and an unshaven face. He thought quick on his feet though like he normally did.

"I'm a struggling artist meeting someone here for a Job interview of sorts."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    For most of Coruscant's glorious morning, Miranda had spent it shopping. It was her first day truly off from her Imperial duties that she could actually have time to relax and have fun. The only thing missing from the equation was Sorsha . She had business to attend to on Nar Shaddaa, but it could have been a perfect day if she was here.

"Waiter?" Miranda held up a finger and signaled the nearest server. "Another iced tea and how long till my lunch is served? I'm famished."

The male waiter couldn't help mirror Tarkin's infectious smile. She had a way of doing that to most normal sentients. "Shouldn't be too much longer, but I shall check your order while I refresh your glass.'

"Thank you." She replaced her earphone and returned to enjoying the newest holodisc she purchased, Barden Carrido Fights Back. It was a sequel to an equally bad action movie. A guilty pleasure holo of sorts, Miranda was just a sucker for such pointless violence and witty one liners that made you groan.

Blade Bacquin
    maitre d': Yes and under what name was this perspective employer?

Blade was think quickly again on his feet perhaps to quickly. there was only one rich persons last name currently on the top of his tongue. He couldn't stop it before it had already slipped out.

"Um Tarkin I believe."

The maitre d' gave him yet another snotty look as if he disbelieved him. Blade wondered if perhaps the name tarkin wasn't such a good one to give. Especially if another sith Dalethria was known to the galaxy and using her madden name. Then again it could be that Jedi Nav to not believing blade would be in here company.

maitre d': Would that be grand Moff Tarkin. Because I should inform you he has been dead for several years!

"Um no a Grand daughter I believe?"

maitre d': Yes, well I will have to verify that. What was your name again sir.

"You never asked but its Blade ice."

maitre d': What commoners name, I highly doubt any Tarkin would speak to you?

"Yeah! Well if its that Jedi wench I don't want to speak to her!"

maitre d': Sir the Jedi have been extinct for many years. You really do need to get with the modern times. I will be right back after I verify that you are who you say you are.

The maitre d' walked away then drifting through the restaurant and soon Blade lost track of him in the crowd. Blade waited in silence wondering if he had actually pulled a cloak over the maitre d's eyes which he would have rather cut out. The maitre d' arrived at Miranda Tarkin's table with a stern snobbish look that was common on his face.

maitre d': Miss Tarkin can I have word with you a moment?

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    "Miss Tarkin can I have word with you a moment?"

Miranda was too enthralled by the speeder chase in the movie that she missed hearing the maitre d's question. He coughed and tried again, but a bit louder, "Miss Tarkin?"

Her eyes narrowed, perplexed and annoyed at the same time as to why the maitre d' would need to speak with her. She muted her player and looked up at the man in obvious displeasure, "Yes, what is it?"

"I beg your pardon, Madame, but there's someone here claiming to have an appointment with you."

She was perturbed by the fact the fool had to confirm this with her and sighed, "Of course I'm not meeting anyone. I did say table for one, didn't I?"

"Yes, Miss Tarkin, but he's rather insistent." The maitre d' turned slightly in the direction of Blade Ice. "Says his name is Blade Ice." Miranda laughed at such a silly name, and the maitre d' nodded in understanding at his reaction. "A name suited for his lack of class. Shall I be rid of him?"

She barely glanced at Blade, knowing full well this man was unknown to her. It was possible he was Black Sun, but any of Sorsha's hired hands knew better then to come into such an establishment dressed like common gutter trash. "Please do."

Blade Bacquin
    While the maitre d was way Blade's mind was racing through options. He both did and didn't want see the face of this supposed Tarkin who was there. It had been five years since he last laid eye's on Dalethria and the image he had of her in his head wasn't the last one he wanted to see.

He knew he wasn't going to get in cause more then likely this tarkin had no Idea who he was. Acting quickly before the maitre d' arrived to deny him access he slipped his hand over the book that held the list of names. He located a Miss Tarkin and her table number on it then looked for the reservation closest to her table. There was name beside the table for some one but they had not arrived yet.

Blade swiped his hand over top of the name casting a small illusion spell over it as he whispered a few simple words. Now the name in the book read Mr. Ice plus had few added bonuses to it. Soon the maitre d' returned with disgruntled look of disgust on his face.

maitre d': I'm sorry but you have no appointment with Miss Tarkin.

"Urm my mistake that must be for next week. I made all the reservations through her secretary."

maitre d': I highly doubt that now will you please leave or I will have to call security.

"No problem but could you please Check the books for a Mr. Ice. I swear I had reservation here today for some reason."

maitre d': I already checked but if it will make you.... er It seems I was mistaken.

"Oh?" Blade added a devious smile.

maitre d': Well yes your name is right here and seems you paid up front to reserve this table through the year? Odd I must have missed it.

"It seems you did."

maitre d': But your still not up to are dress code?

Blade waved a two figures on his hand with in eye site of the maitre d'. "I don't have to follow the dress code."

maitre d‘: You don't have to follow the dress code. Follow me this way sir?"

"That’s Better."

Blade followed the man to his table across from where Miranda Tarkin was sitting Blade didn't even take a glance in Her direction. Not yet anyway he was just savory in his personal victory over the now humbled maitre d'. Blade did wonder what this Tarkin was thinking at that moment though.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    She chuckled softly at her recorder as Barden was telling off the group of pirates that captured him. It was about that time when the waiter returned with her drink. She spied the glass and looked up at him expectantly.

He smiled reassuringly, "Five more minutes Madame."

"Thank you," Miranda waved him off and reached for her glass when she noticed that the very person she told the maitre d' to get rid of was now sitting at the table across from her.

She snapped her fingers at him to call the man over. "Why is he still here?" The contempt in her voice was easily heard.

"I'm sorry, but he was mistaken about an appointment with you. He did have a reservation."

"So you allowed a ruffian inside dressing like that?"

The maitre d' felt his cheeks flushing, "I, well ... he's a good client and I didn't real.."

"Just stop with the excuses," The waiter returned with Miranda's lunch and set it before her. Spiced potatoes garnished the calurion beef sandwich. "And leave me to my last lunch at this establishment."

Blade Bacquin
    Blade was chuckling under his breath as the maitre d' stormed back to his post at the front of restaurant. This Tarkin who ever she was seemed to at least have the temperament of Dalethria. Blade still had his back to her trying to get up the nerve to turn and look.

Soon a waiter came up with the menu and handed to him and said he would be back in a few minutes. That’s when Blade cocked his head to take his first look. His heart sank a bit after seeing the face of what looked like the exact replica of his old master. He wanted to scream out her name but he held back as a lump formed in his throat. He forced a sentence out of his mouth then aimed in Miranda Tarkins direction.

"Are you sure you want that to be your last meal here?"

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    She stopped peppering her potatoes and gave Blade an incredulous look. "Which I believe is none of your concern."

Miranda unfolded her napkin and placed it along her lap, "I'm not sure what strings you pulled to get the table next to me, but that doesn't mean you get to talk to me."

Her eyes were cold and callous as she briefly allowed herself to make eye contact with Blade, "Now, if you'll excuse me."

If he continued to bother her, there was more then one way to get him thrown out. This place had already disgusted her enough that she would take her business elsewhere, something that management would hear about later. Miranda was quite certain that Carena, the woman that owned this restaurant, would be quite put out that one of her favorite patrons was being harassed and refusing to return because of it.

Blade Bacquin
    Those where definitely the same eyes he used to see staring him down when Blade was well being himself. Ah the memories came flooding back but he held them off with a stern focus. He couldn't let anything slip now.

"I pulled no strings I don't have to I'm a very powerful man. I could run this city with the right tactics and planning."

A cocky grin stretched a crossed Blade's face. He knew he was powerful at least in the sith art of Illusion. He felt he could have everyone in the City believing he was God if he wanted too. Although he didn't seem upset that Miranda was talking down to him.

"You don't have to leave because of me. I mean really what disgusts you about me. we barely know each other?"

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    "Your lack of respect," she replied and took a bite of her sandwich. The taste was marvelous and the chef had chosen the most succulent pieces of meat for her meal. Miranda was almost starting to regret her decision about not returning here. Almost. "There's no reason why you cannot dress appropriately."

Then her comm went off. Miranda dabbed at either side of her mouth and clicked on the receiver to see who it was from. It was Sorsha checking in. That brought a smile. "I'm eating lunch. Go ahead."

"Hey Mira!"

As fast as the smiled came, it disappeared into a scowl. "Tirsa, why are you using Sorsha's comm? And stop calling me Mira." That name was only reserved for Sorsha."

The Nebari picked up on Miranda's displeasure and apologized quickly, "Sorry Miranda. She's busy and wanted me to tell ya the meeting's gonna start shortly. She gave me her comm so you'd pick up. Cuz we know you wouldn't if it was mine. Heee."

Miranda had no problem with Tirsa, just that the Nebari's odd mood swings always confounded her. She usually just stayed away from the girl, "When will she be back?"

"Ummmmmmm." Miranda could swear she could hear Tirsa scratching her head. "I think she's shooting for less then a week, but that's uncertain. Depends how things go."

She sighed, "I understand. Wish her luck for me."

"I will!!! Buebye!

Blade Bacquin
    Lack of respect, how many times had he heard that line now in his lifetimes. It was pointless to try and count because for one thing blade couldn't count that high. Blade wondered how this encounter could get any worse and just as he was going to speak again it happened.

That dang Nebari came over a Miranda's comm. How Blade had hoped Sorsha's plaything had burned to death in the worst imaginable way. Yet there she was as loud as always annoying everyone she possible could over a comm. Then he heard it the other part he was dreading and before he thought about it he blurted it out loud.

"Sorsha that witch is still alive!"

The disgust in his voice was clear as day. He looked at Miranda a little bit embarrassed now. He couldn't believe he had said it out loud. Yet he was thinking how are the chance that sorsha and tarkin would wind up together again.

"So it's Miranda Tarkin not exactly the Tarkin I was looking for. Yet you do sorta remind me of her. Sorry for the disrespect, no hard feelings I hope?"

He tried to cover up what he had said about sorsha. yet his thoughts then drift he wondered if that toy of sorsha named Mili was still running around too.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    She threw the napkin in her lap over her half-eaten lunch, suddenly loosing her appetite. Blade could see the anger set within Miranda's eyes, but probably not for the reason he was guessing. Keeping her relationship with Sorsha a secret at first was a means to keep both of them safe in the public eye, but after four years Miranda tired of the cloak and dagger. It irritated her to no end that she couldn't tell Blade off like she wanted for disrespecting her lover.

"It's bad enough you insult me, but then you insult my closest of friends and expect no hard feelings. I have no idea what idiocy is coming out of your mouth. The only other Tarkin woman is my mother. You're a fool and I tire of your harassment." A waiter walked past her table and she snagged his shirt. It wasn't the one serving her but Miranda could care less. "I want to see the manager"

"Uh," he looked from Blade to Miranda and then gulped. Having Tarkin in a foul mood would do the restaurant no good. "Yes, Ma'am."

The kitchen was his original goal, he made it a point to stop inside the office to inform Carena's daughter of the situation. Miranda picked up her comm and hit a different button then previously. "Either you're moving to a different table. Or," Two well built human males stood up at different tables within the restaurant and headed towards Tarkin's table. "You're moving out of the restaurant.

Blade Bacquin
    Blade didn't speak right away he realized he had let to much slip about his past. Stuff he thought he had locked away in the back of his mind. He looked to the guards and the waiter that had just left. Blade wasn't about to end this just now he wanted to find out more about this almost perfect image before him. he spoke a few odd words in the mind of the waiter entangling another small spell with it.

"You will run and get me a bottle of your finest wine instead of running the message to your boss."

Blade then looked directly at Miranda with his now oddly glow orange eyes. He had no plans of pulling any tricks on her plus he figured she was to pig headed for it to work. Nor would he try on her goons knowing that they where probably just as pig headed or worse.

"If you honestly think those two are any match for me then let them try and remove me. I guarantee you will find yourself without protection from that point on."

Blade added a half friendly smile to the end of his threat. Blade was not unafraid to injury both of them right in front of a crowd. He was sure of his skills and knew he wouldn't even have to use the force to dispatch the both of them. He was just as good at combat as he was Illusion although he lacked allot of the skills he had once had in the art.

"Or we can continue a friendly conversation where you don't berate me because I'm not as finely dressed and have a more dull common name like most of the folks here?"

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Her two brutes started to inch forward but Miranda held up a hand to stop them. Both stared down at her in confusion with outstretched questioning arms. Miranda wasn't fazed by Blade's parlor trick, the glowing orange eyes. In fact, it made her rather curious about him. The arrogant attitude and unnerving presence reminded her of the few Force users she had met in service of the Empire. Was he a member of the Imperial Inquisition?

Or it could be worse. He might be one of Sasseeri's flock trying to rattle Miranda. No one knew, not event the Vigo herself, that the Tarkin's fingers were in Black Sun's pot, but Miranda wouldn't put it past the Cizerack to get to Sorsha through her since they were the best of friends and all.

"Fine." She held out her hands and smiled in amusement, "Who sent you then? Was it Sasseeri or does the Empire come calling in a rather," her nose twitched, "splendid fashion statement?"

Blade Bacquin
    Oh she berated his clothing that was real nice Blade thought to himself. He considered what he was wearing his most distinguished outfit, that and it was the only one he owned. Her question intrigued him a bit as he noticed her guards stepping back.

"Sas..see..ri who is that?"

Blade could barely pronounce the name with to many S's. What kind of parent would name a child such a fool name he sorta wondered. This S person must have been some kind of alien or something.

"I have no ties to the Empire nor would I ever they go about controlling the galaxy all wrong. I would put my money on the rebels possibly winning this war but they ain't much smarter."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    The brute to her left already has he jacket off and was rolling up his sleeves. "Just say the word, Ma'am."

Both of them had taken offense to Blade's statement. Miranda did too visibly with the slight narrowing of her eyes and her frown deepening. In reality, Miranda agreed with him but those privates thoughts were shared only with Sorsha.

She touched her guard's forearm to silence him, "Beating him up now doesn't tell me who sent him though, Rin, now does it?"

Rin relaxed only enough to placate his boss. "No, Ma'am." He looked to his partner and both shared a look that they were on the same page. They would be ready to jump as soon as the Boss said so.

"Now," Miranda removed her hand and crossed her legs, completely at ease in Blade's presence. He already knew how she felt about him but she wanted to make it clear that she wasn't afraid of him either, "If the Empire, nor Sasseeri sent you, then who did? No one goes through this much trouble to gain my attention without a reason."

It was a gut feeling, but Miranda actually believed that Blade held no ties to the Cizerack, or to Black Sun for that matter.

Blade Bacquin
    "I work for myself no one else."

Blade answered it with out a second thought but as for the second half of her question that was a little bit harder to answer. He was still amazed at how much she looked liked Dalethria he couldn't pull his eyes away. Although he admited she was even more of a witch then Dalethria.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you why i went through all the trouble just to see you."

It was true there was no way in anyones right mind they would believe the amzing story Blade had to tell. Miranda would probably just get more disgusted with him and view what he had to tell her as a lie.

"But actually when I first showed up it wasn't my intention to meet you. I was just looking for a familiar place, so much has changed since last time I was in coruscant."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    He didn't like her. Miranda could sense it, but his tone made him hard to read because there was an underlying familiarity as he spoke, as if he knew her.

"But actually when I first showed up it wasn't my intention to meet you. I was just looking for a familiar place, so much has changed since last time I was in coruscant."

Now he was lying to her.

"Don't play me for a fool, Mr. Ice. You asked for me as soon as you arrived. Now, I ask again. What do you want?" Her patience had already worn thin from him and the last thread of it was going to snap soon if Blade didn't cough up some answers.

Blade Bacquin
    "I said my first intention was not to meet you I wasn't even aware you where here when I first arrived."

The truth always seemed like a lie to some blade noted to himself. This truth thing was more complicated then lieing but blade continued to try and play it. What could he say that would be the truth but not scare and make her think he was a loon.

"I wanted to see familiar place and familiar faces. Spouted off a last name, a name of some I knew long ago perhaps she was related to perhaps not."

That was Blades excuse he wasn't sure if she would buy it though because well it did seem even to him and he knew it was the truth. He had walked a thin line of explaining a little but not to much.

"Oddly enough the person I thought you where looks allot like you."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    "Next you'll be saying I have a twin sister or some such nonsense." Miranda stood up with authority and slid on her blazer. "I'm tired of this."

She eyed both of her men and began to leave the restaurant. The bill had yet to be paid but no one was going to force to either. No one was going to force her to do anything and neither was this Blade Ice. His games were done as far as she was concerned and as much as she wanted him to be thrown out, Miranda didn't want to cause a scene. It was rather baffling that the manager didn't come to her table to see what the problem was, but that would just add more credence to her list of complaints to share with Carena. Things would be taken care of in time.

Her and Sorsha were going to have a long talk when she returned from Nar Shaddaa, but she was certain her lover wouldn't mind her borrowing her computer to do a background check on Mr. Ice.