OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

A Jedi Seeks Only Revenge

four years prior to the Battle of Endor

The Death Star had been destroyed by the Rebels. It was all over GNN, and you couldn't turn a corner without being accosted by a holosign proclaiming either the end of the Empire, or the end of the Rebellion.

None of it really mattered to the woman who was walking through the crowded streets of the Thyferran capital. She brushed against vratix and human alike, singleminded in her purpose. The tall buildings of the Xucphra Corporation loomed in front of her, one half of the powerful Bacta Cartel.

She slipped into a cafe with a view of the building, keeping her brown woolen robe wrapped around her despite the humidity and the heat.

oh what a tangled web I weave

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

The next page of the report was just as the first—boring. The intricacies of writing an interesting document on rebel sympathizers had always escaped the intelligence department. Every word seemed to be chosen for its blandness, every sentence filtered for interesting bits. Maybe they were trying to inhibit Khendon’s joy of his work? He’d have to look into it later.

The plain-clothed Executor took a sip of his tea and grimaced as it burnt the top of his mouth, it was anywhere from soothing. With a sigh, Khendon threw aside the pad and put down his tea. His eyes dully surveyed the activity outside the small café. The hubbub of daily life seemed so distant and impractical.

Khendon fished in his briefcase and retrieved a hardcopy dossier prepared by his own officer. The document highlighted possible sympathizers and security risks on Thyferra—one of the Executor’s least interesting jobs was to evaluate how well a planet was dealing with internal counter-measures. It seemed the renowned bacta producer was dragging behind—not good.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Lilaena settled into a chair on the patio, facing slightly away from the building she was watching. She'd memorized security guard routines and the like, but it never hurt to be a little more cautious. "Chai tea, please. A local blend is fine, but Chandrilan if you have it." She didn't really look at the server droid, instead surveying her fellow patrons.

A man wearing all black caught her eye, and he offered her a distracted smile before returning to whatever it was he was working on. She smiled back, but he didn't notice, too busy looking down at his datapads.

Lilaena fingered the black stain she wore on her face to theatrically hide the scar she'd recieved from IG-88 six years previously. She had yet to track down the droid that had collected the bounty on Master A'na Eldhil, but she would. Oh yes, she would.

Her tea arrived, and she returned her thoughts to the Bacta Cartel. A well placed class A thermal detonator would knock out most of the Xucphra Corporation's bacta output for a long time, striking a critical blow to the heart of the Empire. Some might call it a terrorist act, but she simply called it necessary.

Lilaena sipped her tea, and pretended to enjoy the day.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

Khendon’s mind was so busy digesting the horribly worded information of the intelligence report that his taste for his own department’s work faded. He quickly set aside the folder and leaned back in his chair.

Maybe now his tea would be cool enough to sip? The Executor brought the hot cup to his lips and quickly set it back down. No. It was still scolding.

Intrigue finally bit into Khendon’s flesh and held. He looked back at the woman with the odd smear of black—what was it? Paint of some sort, most likely. She was special, wasn’t she? Not like the rest of the patrons, she had intent and it was directed.

Khendon frowned. Mystery women were his weakness—he would have to exert control to prevent a mistake like the last. Although he was “above” the law he wouldn’t provide his opponents with another “innocent” death to use as a bargaining chip. Besides, he could only kill so many moffs before someone became suspicious.

Sevon’s silver eyes stared at the back of the woman’s head as his mind’s wheels lulled through the million thoughts floating around like great logs, tempting the fate of his unbalance craft.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Her tea was too hot, but she drank it anyway. Most people were getting iced caf because of the heat of the day, and it seemed the cafe was over doing it with the heated drinks.

The man in black caught her attention again. He was staring at her, and she twisted slightly in her chair to get a good look at him. He wasn't bad looking, with an intensely focused feel about him that made him seem... driven.

She had time to kill, so she called over to him. "Do you have a current newspad? I need to catch up on my galactic events."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

Khendon couldn’t help it now. Something fought its way to the surface and expressed itself on his face—a grin. He threw aside his dossier and entered a command into his pad. A desire stirred in his chest and he battled back the urges. Although they were emotions he would love to embrace, now was not the time.

“Right here,” he held up his pad and gestured with a slight tilt of his head and mild wink for her to come and get it.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Thanks." She gathered up her tea, and made her way over to him. "Mind if I join you? Visiting new systems can be kind of lonely."

Lilaena left her brown robe on still, although it was not wrapped as tightly around her as before. Underneath she was wearing a lightly embroidered pale tunic and pants.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

Khendon’s grin smoothly transitioned into a smile, “I’d love some company.” He attempted to hide the predatory thoughts welling from the depths of his mind and forced his eyes to remain fixed on the woman’s own.

“I understand the loneliness of visiting new systems. What brings you to this oh-so-pleasant corner of the galaxy?”

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She took the offered datapad, and scanned the headlines. There were rumors of a Rebel base in the Dantooine system. "Business only, I'm afraid."

There was something a bit discomforting about the way he stared at her green eyes. The Force tickled at the edges of her mind, but it wasn't telling her anything useful. Not yet, anyway. "And you? A native to Thyferra?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

The Executor’s heart began to pick up. The thought of the chase infected his senses and released epinephrine into his system. His mouth grew dry. “No. No. I’m, uh, from a planet far from Thyferra’s prominence.

“I’m here for business, as well, sadly. I’ve been locked into a series of… inspections for a while now.”

Khendon’s internal walls of resistance began to deteriorate from the acrid yearning that infested every one of his thoughts. He brought his tea to his lips and sipped, hands shaking slightly as his muscles received waves of preparatory chemicals.

A calm breath found purchase and brought focus to his mind. If he was going to do this, it would have to be perfect. Khendon suddenly found himself committed to the devilish deed. The dullness of the day would soon be killed.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She pretended to be occupied with the newspad, but his emotions were running high and they were easy to read. Lilaena selected another page, and licked her lips slightly as she read.

He would be an interesting diversion, but she had too much to do that day, and couldn't afford to be too distracted. She looked up at him again, and smiled, "I'm sorry, my name is Lilaena." She held out her hand for him to shake.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

Finally having taken control of himself, Khendon accepted the warm hand. His eyes calmed, though the fangs of intent remained in his mind. The Executor’s resolve had set the focus solely on the process to achieve his ends.

To say his real name would mark Khendon as an Imperial and as a wicked, evil man. This was something he would have to conceal. Lies were part of the game, frequently; yet, he would not lie now. Instead, he decided to simply provide the pure truth—a truth that few would be able to interpret.

Enchanted,” he smiled warmly and squeezed Lilaena’s hand gently, “I am Khendon Heladune.”

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Nice to meet you, Khendon." Lilaena tapped the newspad against the table. "Can't believe the Empire hasn't tracked down the new Rebel base yet. Although I suppose recouping their losses after the debacle at Yavin..."

She sipped her tea.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

It had been a long time since Khendon had indulged his urges. Now was something special. There was an aura to this woman, this Lilaena. She was very, very different from the others. Strength and directness—they flowed from her unabridged.

“Lilaena, what interests you more than anything else in the galaxy?” His silver-gray eyes sparkled in the lighting of the café.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Peace." She smiled slightly, adding, "Thank the gods for Emperor Palpatine."

A nice touch. Lilaena handed the newspad back to Khendon. "So what interests you more than anything in the galaxy?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

“A certain strange, gorgeous woman in a small café on Thyferra.” A smile came easily to his relaxed face. His gaze remained intently fixated on the smooth curves of Lilaena’s visage. “You see, I’m a dealer in precious arts,” it was only a partial mistruth (he considered his skill an art and he dealt it out in plenty), “I have an eye for beauty.”

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Devilish though his emotions were, his words caused her to grin. "An art dealer?" She considered his words to be rubbish, only pick up lines for a weak minded woman. Still, he amused her.

"Thank you for the compliment, but I'm afraid I have a meeting in a few minutes." She got to her feet, leaving credits on the table to pay for the chai tea. "Perhaps dinner tonight, though?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

Khendon nodded slowly, “Dinner would be great, I have a studio nearby.” He tore a blank section from the dossier in his briefcase and scrawled down an address he had passed by earlier that day. “Bring an appetite, I’ll make my specialty.”

The Executor stood and held out the torn section. “Purely innocent, of course. I think you'd be interested in some of my recent acquisitions.”

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She accepted it, and then scrawled on a napkin a comm number she was using while she was on the planet. Lilaena De'Ville she wrote next to it. "For just in case."

Lilaena looked at the chrono on the wall, and pulled her cloak around her. "I'm going to be late, but it was nice to meet you. I'll see you tonight." She waved slightly as she took her leave, walking purposefully towards the Xucphra Corporation and their front lobby.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

The officer watched Lilaena De’Ville stroll out of the establishment, a mild grin on his face. Tonight will be very special.

Khendon folded the napkin and placed it in his briefcase. After a moment of contemplation he closed the container with a loud click and stood. He added a few credits to the pile on the small café table and walked onto the streets of Thyferra. He had to go see a man about an apartment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast