TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Closed Get on Board (Kei)

The Aranar, an Interceptor-class frigate belonging to long lost remnants of Clan Ordo and their chosen Mand'alor, hung in the inky darkness of deep space. From the bridge viewport one could see just two stars - far off suns with their own systems circling round reduced to mere dots of light.

Lilaena De'Ville stood on the bridge clad in a simple robe, wrapped and belted with an obi. After a moment she turned and exited, taking a turbolift down to a modified hangar they were using as a sparring room. A fighting circle had been drawn, and in a few moments the initiate Kei Durall would be meeting here there.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Kei Durall
    Kei reclined in the lounge of the Aranar while reading his latest book, 'Combat Maneuvers and fighting styles'. He realized that he would have to learn more than just the use of the force to survive. He disliked the idea of having to fight with a weapon or anything else for that matter. Kei glanced up for a moment to realize that his time to train with Lilaena was soon. He glanced out the viewing window that in the lounge, looking into the blackness of space, sighing in relief, knowing that there were no distractions here. He walked out of the lounge headed for his room. The attire he was wearing currently was nothing to wear for training. He was wearing his usual attire, being his long black jacket open, usually with a dark shirt underneath as well, and black pants. Nothing that would stand out. He walked past a mandolorian passing through the hallway that he needed to go through to get to his room, no words, no recognition, just watching as they passed by each other. They all had watchful eyes on him. Kei could feel it. Though Lilaena was going to start training him, it didn't mean that she trusted him yet, and that was okay with him. Once in his room he changed out of his jacket, and into a black tank top. His muscles were trim and fit. He wasnt overly muscular, but he kept himself in shape.

Kei got on the turbolift that lead to the hanger bay. He entered, noticing that Lilaena was there, waiting for him. A few others were in the room to watch it would seem, but Kei's focus was on lilaena. He stepped into the fighting circle and made a slight bow to Lilaena, "I am here."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She inclined her head in recognition, and gestured to the circle that surrounded them. "The rules of a fighting circle are simple. Get your opponent outside of it. Do you have any experience with combat?"

Kei Durall
    "In actual combat, I have none, no. Is using the force off limits for this contest? I lack skills in other areas of combat. I've been studying how to fight, but have not had the chance to apply and practice it."

He had studied, in comparison to everything else he had studied, a small amount about combat techniques, but he was a quick learner.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She raised an eyebrow. "Do not use the Force. I could simply do this," Lilaena thrust her palm toward him, knocking him off his feet with the Force and sending him stumbling backward out of the circle. "Why don't you just try to hit me as hard as you can."

She stood straight near the center of the ring, her hands at her sides.

Kei Durall
    The rush of the force came and pushed him out of the circle. He just about fell down, and probably would have if she really wanted him to, but he managed to get his feet back under him again.

Why don't you just try to hit me as hard as you can

His adrenaline was pumping now, and though he knew he probably wouldn't touch her with his blow, he would entertain the idea. He entered the circle once more, and, after a brief pause, moved towards her. He decided on a sweeping kick from his right leg, aimed for her ribs on her left side. It felt awkward as he went for the strike. It felt like his timing was off, and his balance very weak as he struck out with his leg.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

He was unsure of himself, but not timid as he kicked at her side. De'Ville brought her hand up and chopped down on his calf as she stepped to the side. A quick shuffle step forward and she smacked him in the face with an open palm. "Again."

Kei Durall
    Kei continued his effort to land a blow on her but to no avail. He couldn't count now how many times she told him again now. He focused most of his effort on his leg attacks while blocking her return attacks with his arms. He tried to fake her out with a punch one time, and one time only. that one didn't go over so well for him as she saw right through it and laid him out flat on his back.

Again kei got up to his feet once again, feeling the bruises on his body. He knew he would be really sore the next day. His nose was bleeding a little. He wiped his nose with his arm and went for another strike, a low sweeping kick to take out her legs from under her followed by a kick at her face if she dodged the first one.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

He kept getting up, she had to respect that at least. The Mando's who had been watching the fight at first had mostly wandered off or were involved in their own training fights. It wasn't entertaining to watch a young man being slapped down like a child. A Mando'ade child could probably hold their own against Kei, now that she thought about it.

De'Ville stepped back from the sweeping leg, and blocked the next kick with both her forearms. She didn't follow it up with another attack, instead holding out her hand and stopping Kei from continuing. "Open yourself up to your feelings. How do you feel?"

Kei Durall
    Panting from the fighting, Kei took a deep breath to calm himself while he considered what he was feeling.

"Anger, frustration, pain. That is what im feeling. Angry at myself for how weak I am, and frustrated that im helpless before you."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Then do something about it. You are laandur," she said, using the Mando'a word for delicate, or weak. "Become strong. Pull on your anger." De'Ville slapped him in the face.

Kei Durall
    Not stirred by her slap, and he didn't reach to comfort it. " I must become Dral (strong, powerful). Shall we continue, master?" He asked, clearly tired, but didn't want to disappoint his master. It was surprising what the human body could endure, even when it seemed at the end of its limits.
    Last edited by Kei Durall; Mar 11th, 2015 at 04:35:49 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Disappointed by his lack of reaction, De'Ville frowned and gave him a two handed shove out of the ring. "Don't be a pushover. Strength of will is more important than strength of body."

She made a grabbing motion with her hand and Kei found himself lifted off the ground three meters, the Force squeezing his chest just enough to make it uncomfortable to breathe. "You have to tap your emotion, your anger - even fear - and let it strengthen you. Break my hold."

Kei Durall
    Break. My. Hold.

Kei now hovering off of the ground, feeling his chest being squeezed, wasn't sure how far she would go with it. As he gripped at his sides, he looked at Lilaena with a dead seriousness that he hadn't had before. The force seemed to have triggered it in him. It was one thing to slap him, another entirely to use the force against him. He hated it. It had reminded him of the Ugnaught that she had tossed so freely out of his grasp, before he had begun his journey with her.

With everything he had, he sent forth a raging push towards Lilaena, that created a small gust in the hanger bay, knocking over some boxes that were stacked on top of each other behind her.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

His push through the Force knocked her back, and the grip she had on him loosened. De'Ville looked up at him where he dangled, green eyes flashing. "Not good enough!" She did not tighten the Force around him, leaving him held but not squeezed.

Perhaps it wasn't good enough to break her concentration, but he was a learner, and she the master. For today's lesson she was more interested in seeing his efforts than actually expecting him to succeed.

Kei Durall
    He pushed his hatred aside for a moment, just to reexamine his situation. There was no way that he was strong enough in the force to break her grip on him. He then noticed the boxes behind her, and knew that he could probably break her concentration enough if he banged her over the head with one. Resuming the hatred that he had in that moment, he reached towards one of the knocked over boxes, and pulled it from behind Lilaena to crash into her.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She felt the box move, and he managed to pull it fast enough for it to clip her before she could redirect it. De'Ville released her new apprentice, causing him to drop ten feet to the deck. "Very good. You must learn to use everything around you to your advantage.

"Go, rest. I want you to train with my Mandalorians every day. They will be hard on you, but you will learn hand to hand combat." She brushed hair out of her eyes, retying it back in a low ponytail.

Kei Durall
    Kei had to restrain himself from continuing to fight her. He had succeeded in breaking free, but he was still angry.

Go, rest.

He took a breath, and slightly bowed.

I want you to train with my Mandalorians every day. They will be hard on you, but you will learn hand to hand combat.

"Very well." Kei wasn't so amused with the idea of himself getting beaten relentlessly by her warriors, but if it would teach him how to fight, he was willing to learn.

Kei returned to his room, sweat still dripping from his face. He threw off his shirt, and walked towards the air control. He turned the room temperature down much colder. He needed to cool off anyway. His emotions were still swimming within him. He grabbed a towel to wipe his face and fell flat on his bed. It was time to rest.