TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Closed Spinning Wheels [Kei]

Lilaena De'Ville walked the promenade of Cloud City's main shopping center, one hand trailing on the railing as she looked out over the sea of people. Everything was perfectly contained, enclosed, surrounded...but soaring architecture and giant transparisteel windows gave the illusion that one was at the top of the city, rather than twenty-three levels down. Fifty levels below this was the bazaar, a loud, clamoring marketplace for the 'unwashed masses,' while their betters strolled above, oblivious to anything beyond the tip of their own noses.

She was dressed to, if not blend in, not stand out in the crowd. Layers of beige punctuated with a muted green swathed her, tied in place with a wide obi and covered with a light sleeveless cloak. She was not there to do anything, but a feeling had brought her here to Bespin. Lilaena was not often one to trust feelings, but it cost her nothing to make this small detour and see what happened.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Kei Durall
    Kei Durall had been in Cloud City for the past few days on a vacation of sorts, but his goal for coming to Cloud City was far from just relaxing. Knowledge is power. That's what dad always said, Kei thought to himself as he walked toward the city library, That is, until he killed mom... Kei felt the sting of pain that he felt when his mother was murdered. The pain wasn't as bad anymore, Kei was 22 and a grown man now. It all had happened 6 years ago, but he couldn't help but wish his father was dead instead of imprisoned.

Kei couldn't agree more with what his father had told him though. Knowledge was the path to ultimate power. Kei sought that power. Not only sought, but he craved it. He knew in his current situation though, that acquiring it was impossible. Kei was a bookworm by nature and, after realizing his aptitude for the force, began to study and practice it. He could not continue his self training much further though.

Kei in his searching received a tip from an anonymous source about a week before now about a book that Cloud City's library was holding. It said that it contained knowledge of the force. He disbelieved it at first and put it out of his mind. As the thought that it was just sitting in that library tossed in his mind, his obsession for it grew. Upon arriving at the library he found no such book, and he scolded himself for thinking that a book like that was here in the local library of Cloud City.

Kei was walking the promenade back to the place that he was staying in Cloud city after another visit to the library that week. He was thankful that the library was far from any of the hustle and bustle that seemed to plague most of Cloud city. As he walked, he noticed something. A ripple in the force, or that's how he perceived it. He kept his cool demeanor as he surveyed his surroundings. He noticed a woman by the rail that was minding her own business. Now, as he turned his full attention to her, he could sense her power. Feeling that he could learn something from his woman, he decided to approach her. "Beautiful weather today isn't it?" He stated with his cool expressing as he slid up against the rail next to her, "That is, for a gas giant anyway." His face cracked a smile, but kept his laid back composure while he studied her, trying to grasp exactly who this woman was.
    Last edited by Kei Durall; Feb 20th, 2015 at 12:17:42 AM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

At times Lilaena could sense if someone could use the Force, even when they were not actively doing anything. It was not an exact science, but if she felt it, she had always been right. The young man sidled up to her, all cool and smiling, and she did not return the expression.

De'Ville raised an eyebrow, looking out one of the windows. "The weather is always nice here. Something I've always appreciated about Bespin." She turned her gaze on him, green eyes piercing. "You are looking for something." It was not a question.

Kei Durall
    Realizing that that this woman wasn't one for pleasantries, he dropped his smile. Smiling, to Kei was only a means to an end, and it wasn't going to help him here.

"You are looking for something." the woman stated. Kei thought for a moment as the question sank in.

He looked down at the crowds below as he spoke, "Your are correct. Though how you know that is a mystery to me. That is, if you truly know that, or if you are just saying that. Everyone is looking for something in life." He turned his gaze back to her and looked into her piercing green eyes, "I want power." His demeanor became a little stiffer, "You have that power." The once cool expression was now gone. "Teach me this power." He spoke, with a dead serious look on his face.
    Last edited by Kei Durall; Feb 20th, 2015 at 01:20:18 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

He dropped the attempt at small talk and went straight to business. She could appreciate that, even if he was coming on a bit strong. But then, if she could handle the likes of Dalamar or Hawkins Grime, this boy would be easy enough to control. "What you want can be arranged. For a price."

Kei Durall
    It seemed to be a universal truth, that power always has a price. His body relaxed again, feeling the blood in his body begin to recirculate. The cool expression that he had earlier came back to his face as continued to study her. It was almost as if what he had just said never happened. A brief moment of pause. . . "What price might that be?" he asked before he turned his view back to the masses below.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Instead of answering, she pushed off from the railing, a nod of her head indicating he should follow her. De'Ville walked across the promenade to a double door for employees that branched off toward various store back rooms. She kept walking, through another door into the guts of the station. Somewhere ahead of them the main shaft loomed, but more immediately they found themselves in a carbonite packing facility.

The orange lighting uplit her face as she turned toward her follower, Ugnaughts moving around them as if they weren't there. "Think of what you hold most dear...and be prepared to sacrifice it to the power you crave. That is the price. It is always the price of power."

Kei Durall
    The nod of her head. It was all Kei needed, to know that things were never going to be the same. He felt almost as if he were under a spell as he followed her. The desire for power had him intoxicated. He followed her into the facility. As she spoke, he already knew his answer. There was nothing left for him to sacrifice. Nothing to lose. Only to gain. He had everything taken away from him already.

He nodded his head slowly in acknowledgment to the woman as a smile crept into the corners of his lips.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"What is your name, then?" She pressed a finger to the commlink on her belt, surreptitiously opening a channel to her ship. "Who are you?" Steam rose from one of the freezing pits, and Ugnaughts squabbled among themselves as they manipulated the controls for a huge robotic claw that would extract the square of carbonite.

Kei Durall
    "Kei. Kei Durall. That is who I am." He replied to the woman. "And who might you be?" "And why are we in this carbonite facility exactly anyway?" He asked as he gestured to the Ugnaughts that were quickly moving about their work.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Why not?" she replied. "I am Lilaena De'Ville."

Her name appeared on Imperial bounty lists, but the common citizen was not usually overly familiar with the Most Wanted list. She didn't expect him to recognize the name; if he did and chose to be stupid she would simply take care of him.

The earpiece she wore clicked softly. "Running standard search on Durall, Kei."

"I simply wanted a place to talk that was out of the public eye," she said.

Kei Durall
    He shrugged his shoulders to her response. There was nothing else to say on the matter.

He did recognize her name. Though, only the name. What she had done to make the bounty list he wasn't sure of, nor just how much her head was worth. But he didn't care. She had something he wanted, and it didn't matter to him who she was.

Search results tied to Kei Durall would bring up his mothers death, as well as his fathers imprisonment. An average man born in the less desirable areas of Coruscant. He also had written and published a book, though it was not very popular. The name of the book was called, 'The Mask'. There are reports that the people had claimed to see the same mask on the cover, on a culprit who had kidnapped people in the area. Authorities charged Kei with kidnap, but after investigation brought no evidence of him being guilty, the charges were released.

"Lilaena De'Ville, I am pleased to make your acquaintance." Though there was no formality to what he said. He brushed his hand through his dark hair. Waiting to see where this woman would take him.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Some sort of failed author," came the results through her earpiece. "He's clean, but I'm not sure he's what we're looking for."

"You wish for power. I can show you the way, teach you, train you. But..." Lilaena raised an eyebrow. "If you wish to learn more of the Force, why did you not make your way to the Alliance, and the Jedi?"

Kei Durall
    He tilted his head to one side, "Lets just say that my methods are not what Jedi would approve of. Nor are their teachings and passivity what I want. Ive done a few things that would be highly frowned upon by most people..." He paused for a moment, then continued, "Lets just say that I have practiced my abilities on more than just a couple of rocks. I needed live specimens to see what I could truly do..." Kei reached into his jacket that he was wearing and pulled something out. A mask with a lighting bolt on the top right corner above the eye. It looked like he had done this before, with how natural it seemed for him as he put the mask on. Just then, an ugnaught that was passing close by began to start levitating. The ugnaught had a panicked look on its face as it realized that it was floating in the air but was to shocked to begin yelling for help. Kei's focus was still on Lilaena as the ugnaught was floating through the air. "No... the Jedi wouldn't do... This isn't enough though... I want more."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She studied the mask as he began levitating the little alien. A crutch he used to unlock the Force? "Get your things. Meet me at pad 024-F in an hour. If you don't show up, that's your choice - I will not wait."

De'Ville looked at the squalling Ugnaught, and sketched a wave of her hand toward it, knocking it out of the air and into one of the carbonite freezing pits. It landed with a crunch just as the pit was activated, and all attention was off the pair of humans as the workers converged on their unfortunate fellow. Lilaena used the confusion to slip away. She would speak more with young Kei when he arrived later.

She had a feeling he would be early.

Kei Durall
    Kei heard what she said, and not but a moment after, she had knocked the Ugnaught from his grasp and left the facility. Shock. Utter shock filled Kei for a brief moment. He hadn't had another force user strip something from his grasp before. It was breath taking, but satisfying. He didn't like the feeling, but it brought him a sense of the power that he had hoped he could attain. He didn't have time to delay and stick around. Kei made his own way out of the facility, before there was trouble, removing his mask once he had made it outside of the facility.

Meet her in an hour, pad 024-F. He thought to himself as he made his way to the place he had been staying the past few days. I don't have much to take, and that's a long time to wait. He retrieved his bag which had a few books, his journal, and a pen. It was somewhat old fashioned, with the paperbacks that he was using, when there was much more advanced technology to read and write with, but he preferred his "medieval" ways. He waited for a bit, for what seemed like hours.

Still a half-hour till I am supposed to be there. . . I'm not waiting any longer. Ive been waiting for this to long. No more. Kei went up from his room and back into the city. He didn't have far to walk from where he was staying to the docking pad. Energy was buzzing through him, coursing through his veins. No idea what was going to happen next. He knew only one thing. This woman wasn't one that was going to take it easy on him. But there was no way he was going to back down.

Kei arrived 20 minutes earlier than he was supposed to. Ready for what Lilaena had for him when he got there.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The non-descript freighter on the landing pad looked harmless enough, but when the hatch opened and the ramp extended the people who came out of it certainly did not. Two Mandalorians in slightly battered armor descended, followed shortly by De'Ville. "I work toward the freedom of Force adepts and users, from the oppression of the Empire's culling, and the stifliing of the Jedi's nearsighted code. You can come with me, and learn, or you can leave. Those we free may choose to stay with us, or they may go their separate ways. But it's about choice. As this is your choice.

"Stay, or come...but if you come you are giving yourself and your life into my hands. As my student you must obey me in everything."

Kei Durall
    Standing there as the ramp opened, two soldiers marched out. Kei instantly recognized them as Mandolorians. He had read about the Mandolorian war and knew well enough about them. Wouldnt want to get caught up in a fight with them.

"Stay, or come..." Simple enough, and he had made his choice. With his cool look on his face, and his lax manor, he moseyed over towards the ramp up. No answer was needed. His coming along meant that he was bound by what she said.

Skip, skip, skip. It was a lovely city to skip through! Tromping and stomping along with the crowds, wandering down into the bazaar to look at all the pretty dresses, and colors. So many colors! People, food, clothes! So many blues, and yellows and greens and reds. A lot of reds. Pretty red all splashed about on the ground. Art. I'd been so happy to skip around it, to paint with it. And oh how exciting! My owner, tsk - tsk - tsk, Mistress De'Ville, she'd be so very cross if she knew I'd even thought of her as an owner. Such a silly rule not to call her that. I still had to obey, though she let me wander and do what I like most days. But still, if she said I did something, so I did it! But it was so new and exciting! Different from her previous experiences! Yes, very different! She'd even let me wander on my own, freely! Oooooh I knew about the guard who had kept his distance, watched me. He was quiet - SHHHHH - but I still felt him. Itchy and tingly in my brain.

I'd just found some children to play with too, I wanted to teach them how to finger paint, so many colors... but then the message had come across my comm, and it was time to go back. So skip, skip, skip... into the port up to the pad, and right past someone new! I turned and stopped, leaning in, my face twisting like one of those pretty birds with the big eyes as I looked at him. A smile dancing over my lips, painted all pretty and red. Though not with the colors I'd found, but with lipstick. I'd bought it! It wasn't quite as pretty as the reds I'd left in the alleys, or the happy faces I'd drawn in them - but it was close, and that made me smile.

"Helloooo." I cooed all sweet and politely, curtsying properly to my new friend, I did hope he'd be my friend. "What's your favorite color?"
    Last edited by Lyydea Amarra; Mar 7th, 2015 at 01:45:15 PM.

Kei Durall
    A complete opposite. This girl, politely curtsying as she greeted Kei, was nothing like Lilaena. A pleasant surprise really. A smile, a genuine smile that is. Rarely did he find himself smile without trying, but this girl reminded him of his mother even though she was very young. Her red lips stuck out as she leaned in.

Whats your favorite color? The question caught Kei off guard but he chuckled, "Well, I would have to say that red is my favorite color." Kei then looked over towards Lilaena, expecting some sort of introduction, but he fighred she could care less and turned his attention back to the girl, "My name is Kei. Kei durall."

Kei had a soft spot for this random girl that he just met. Not for more than anything than the fact that when he looks at her, he reminded of his mother.
    Last edited by Kei Durall; Mar 7th, 2015 at 10:18:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast