Of course... hanging around with your brother did have its drawbacks. Since joining the Rebellion Xander had been on a nonstop mission to attempt to catch up on all the abuse he had missed dishing out on her during their years apart and today seemed like it was going to be double duty. Great.

She had long since given up on attempting to argue that she was in line with the average height for a human female. It didn't matter anyway, she was shorter than he was. Always would be.

"You can worry about attempting to find the tall section for me later. 'Freakishly huge' will be our first priority with you being unable to live without your summer wardrobe. The hells did you end up wearing last night anyway? Is that the reason you decided to drink yourself to-the-pain?" Everything was deadpan, without much gusto.

It didn't matter what she was saying, it was just going to be fuel for her brother's sharp wit. Charles had noticed he was in pretty bad shape, and having had that Oh gods, I'm alive? Someone quick kill me now hangover was something she had experienced more than just once. She almost felt sympathy for him.

Of course the fact the market was outdoors meant the sun would be blaring down on them, and the fact everyone had just gotten paid meant it would have a decent crowd. And a crowd like that made a good amount of noise.

Charles didn't care if Xander had noticed that malicious little smile she had when they had left the compound that day. He would have his fun jabbing at her at every opportunity and she would have her fun by well... just watching him.