Somewhere...on Kilia IV

"You are being completely unreasonable! I should be able to go if I want to."

Doctor J'onzz, of Kilian nobility and fame looked over his spectacles at his daughter and her current tantrum. She had laid waste to multiple expensive gowns that were becoming of a woman of her stature and age, leaving remnants of fine silk and ribbons in nothing less than shreds. He said nothing, however, letting the tirade continue as it had numerous times before. Eventually she would tire, he suspected.

"And furthermore, this entire planet is a death trap! Why can't we leave? Why can't we go places?"

The longer her father remained silent the more resolved to being completely furious Marian became. Her hands were placed squarely on her hips, shoulders straightened and pushed back just slightly, she felt important.

"And what if I were to just run away, hmm? What would all your rules and such say about that?"

All Doctor J'onzz offered in exchange was a small laugh, nothing more than a passing "heh" as he considered the concept of his daughter, his seemingly impulsive of idea yet short on action daughter, running away. It was nothing short of ludicrous. The paperwork in front of him was far more grounded in reality and deserving his attention.

The girl rounded on her father again.

"I'll do it, you know. I really really will."

The ability of the father to completely block out the daughter had been perfected over the years and for a moment, one blissful moment as far as he was concerned, there was silence. Yet that silence was filled with fidgeting, and lip biting, and general a huff that couldn't really let it be peaceful before a final...

"Fine!"

... was shouted at the old man and the young woman spun on her heel, headed for her bed chambers for a change of wardrobe before she would go to the space docks. Her escape from what she considered a retched existence was there waiting. Not exactly waiting for her mind you, well... he was... he just didn't know it yet.