Thread: Credits Will Do Fine

Threaded View

I'nu

Credits Will Do Fine

Credits Will Do Fine

Sunlight bloomed in a splash of magenta, tangerine and vanilla in the sky. This was the usual. Bespin was a beautiful planet. Cloud City was a beautiful city. People took it for granted. No one marvelled at the exotic, because it became usual. It made it easy to track the tourist. I'nu wasn't a tourist though.

It was before Lando took over. The days when the New Order was new, and I'nu's father was more than an ex-champion. A lot had changed since those times, but I'nu remembered. Even as he stared at the heavens, leaning out the building, he knew. Behind him roamed a crowd of common folk that didn't even know his father's name.

He could be proud though. He could still hold his family name high, but he didn't. I'nu introduced himself by first name alone. The follow-up to "Hi" had been the same since he first had come to Bespin. That was one thing that didn't change. That was one thing that wouldn't change.

"Next ticket to space docks."

He was at the shuttle. Time had come to get off this rock and back somewhere important. Not that important, of course, it was a junk yard. But it was his junk pile, and that was somewhat important enough to act like he was in a rush. It was something to blend in with the rush for. Not like anyone was going to ask him what he was there for, just he wanted to be usual, not unusual. His parents had done enough to make him the odd ball out.

Hands dipped in his pockets, conserved, reserved, and quick, he filled the crowd like an ant in line. Movements were single-file, and the group was clumped. A few chit-chatted about the food in the lower levels compared to the cuisine. Others squabbled over their hotel treatment, but no one talked about anything meaningful. Just chit-chat, and I'nu didn't want to listen.

All he wanted to do was get back. All he wanted to do was get away.
    Last edited by I'nu; Feb 24th, 2009 at 10:31:54 AM.