Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Event Dragon*con '09: it will be EPIC

Link to previous thread on the subject

NOW WITH NEW AND UPDATED FIRST POST!

Posters who are definitely attending (22 ):
    CLICK for awesome map of where we're staying (thanks Mu!)
    • Red Roof Inn: Dasquian, Morgan, Miranda, Wyl
    • Hilton Downtown: Callista, Emelie, Chrysothemis, D'Kor
    • Hilton Garden Inn: Charley, s'Il, Hob, Yog, Mandi, Karl Valten
    • Wyndham: Mu, Lilaena and Ty
    • Somewhere else (?): Verse Dawnstrider +1, JediBeldarine +1, Jedah Lynch
    Information on Dragon*Con:
    • Dragon*Con is a 22 year old convention held in Atlanta, Georgia. In 2009 it will be held on: Sept 4th - 7th.
    • Memberships for the weekend can be bought as of now, with the price increasing as such:
      $60 to 11/14/2008
      $70 to 2/13/2009
      $80 to 5/15/2009

$90 to 7/15/2009
      $100 thereafter
      Group Memberships are discounted $5 per Membership when 10 or more are purchased in advance at one time, in one envelope

When buying your membership through PayPal, be sure to include the information requested on the membership form - found here: http://dragoncon.org/pdfs/dc09_membership%20form.pdf - in the "additional information" section of your PayPal checkout.
    • Hotels/Locations - Dragon*Con has deals with five hotels in the area this year (which I assume will be pretty similar next year). Prices listed on the linked page are for 3-4 night blocks and up to an occupancy of 4 per room. You have to mention the convention to recieve the deals. A little research has lead me to discover that the host hotels are pretty much fully-booked as of now, but so unless you want to take a gamble and hope that reservations are cancelled... it looks like we will be looking elsewhere for accomodation.

• Georgia Aquarium Dragon*Con Deal! - if you'd like to come see the fishies at the worlds largest aquarium, get your ticets for the 8.00pm entrance (already attending: Dasquian, Miranda, Yog, Emelie, Mu, Wyl)
    I think that's about it for now. I know some people live in the area, and there are probably seedy little motels around there that you could get for cheaper.

Oh, one more thing: Guests of the convention! The guest-list in 2008 included people... artists, novelists, actors, etc etc... from all your favorite current and not-so-current shows (Firefly and Farscape ).

Also there are many events going on through the weekend, a dealers/exibition hall (you can even BE a dealer [PDF file] if you have something to peddle to the masses), and gaming events (looks like they need to update for 2008 on this section).
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; May 29th, 2009 at 12:30:46 AM.

oh what a tangled web I weave