Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon*con '09: it will be EPIC

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Let me guess, the image was something like this?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri'ahna Zylary View Post
    Of course I can. I even have an international driver's license hehehehe..... and I might just be able to get someone in my extended family over there to loan me a car for a while.....

If you're serious about it, let's talk about that some time on AIM
    I think Droo/Gav was interested in flying over with me. Maybe we could rope him into road tripping!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka

Kevin Sorbo, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, and a bunch of other people I don't know!

I've been wanting to go to Dragon*Con for a while now and it's within reasonable driving distance so I'll probably get something figured out by next year. I'd prefer to stay in one of the main hotels if I have the cash. That's where the action is and I'm always afraid I'll miss something if I'm not right there. Maybe I'll talk some friends into going and split a room.

If I don't "show up" assume you guys are too weird/scary/annoying and I just pretended not to know any of you.

And I will not ride roller coasters. No. Don't even try.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!

Well now that there are roller coasters involved, I might actually drive out there. Next year eh? Hrmm...

Justinian Janvrin
    If I don't "show up" assume you guys are too weird/scary/annoying and I just pretended not to know any of you.
    I'm too pretty to be scary.

Veritas
    Superman is pretty fun, but my favorite is the Georgia Cyclone. It's mean as hell if wooden coasters are your thing. Most of them are all good.

Also, Atlanta has the World of Coke museum, and as well, there are places to go shooting if anybody wants to get involved with that. I know of a range that's just east of ATL.

Lots of places to eat and such as well, especially around Buckhead.

Tri'ahna Zylary
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post

I think Droo/Gav was interested in flying over with me. Maybe we could rope him into road tripping!
    The more the merrier.... well okay, only about as many as would fit in one car but then again, we could always just get a bigger car

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Maybe I'll talk some friends into going and split a room.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Jinn View Post
    Well now that there are roller coasters involved, I might actually drive out there. Next year eh? Hrmm...
    You two are most definitely going, even if I have to come pick you up and drag you there myself.
    I've already threatened to abduct Ms. Navaria there. A few more counts of kidnapping doesn't bother me much.
    a.k.a. Hunk, a.k.a. "That guy from Wisconsin who never posts"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

Providing I don't end up jobless between now and the meet-up, I'll definitely be attending this shin-dig. I think Droo is in the same boat as me. So Jen, looks like we'll be chin-wagging on the way over the pond. Assuming I don't fall asleep - which I tend to do when I'm 30,000 feet in the air.

Just thinking about it, I feel the urge to coin a phrase belonging to Prince John...

"Oodelalee - a meet-up...how exciting!"

Next year should be a bitta nosh

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Kevin Sorbo, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, and a bunch of other people I don't know!

I've been wanting to go to Dragon*Con for a while now and it's within reasonable driving distance so I'll probably get something figured out by next year. I'd prefer to stay in one of the main hotels if I have the cash. That's where the action is and I'm always afraid I'll miss something if I'm not right there. Maybe I'll talk some friends into going and split a room.

And I will not ride roller coasters. No. Don't even try.
    Pfft you're pretty much on the way there for me there really is no way you are not coming.

Banner Laverick
    I hopefully will be able to make it there, it all depends on the money situtation. (Seriously, cos I'm already planning a trip to AL for this June, and might be mega-uber-broke after that for like...ever. )

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Banner Laverick View Post
    I hopefully will be able to make it there, it all depends on the money situtation. (Seriously, cos I'm already planning a trip to AL for this June, and might be mega-uber-broke after that for like...ever. )
    Why not do this instead?

Banner Laverick
    I guess I could. I still wanna go on a trip this year though

Edit - Okay, am totally going to skip AL this year and go when I can see everyone ^_^
    Last edited by Banner Laverick; Mar 9th, 2008 at 10:15:07 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Good call group meet-up for the wiiiiin.

Banner Laverick
    You realise, I'm going to have to make a t-shirt and get everyone to sign it now XD It'll match the art on my wall

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Charley
    Let me know if you guys do want to arrange a trip to the firing range. I just need to have some advance notice so I can top off my ammo if it needs doing. I should have lots of stuff for you to shoot if thats your bag.

Turbogeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Vymes View Post
    Let me know if you guys do want to arrange a trip to the firing range. I just need to have some advance notice so I can top off my ammo if it needs doing. I should have lots of stuff for you to shoot if thats your bag.
    Now THAT's tempting.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Charley
    The only downside is that with it being a public facility, we won't be able to use Tannerite. Wish it were otherwise, but those are the lumps we gotta take.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I'll bring my gun-to-be

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Oh, GOD YES!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast