Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tools of the Trade

Sorsha Kasajian

Closed Thread Tools of the Trade

SORSHA'S TOWNHOUSE
    MOS EISLEY, TATOOINE

:: Sorsha stretched on the mat in the center of a large gymnasium. It was mid-afternoon, the morning had been spent going over the loot from Belryn's Homestead. Now she took up a fencing sabre, and waited for Bambi Maddox to cross blades with her ::

Bambi Maddox
    Maddox had been examining the row of swords for some time, indeciscive as to the best weapon to choose.

She ran an inquiring finger along the grip of two or three, but clearly she remained undecided.

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Try that one, three blades down from your left hand. I think you'll find it to your liking."

Bambi Maddox
    Obediently, Maddox lifted the blade from its place.

It had a solid feel in her hand and she eyed its length holding it vertically before her. The lights caught it and kissed its gleaming edge, reflecting a wicked spark in Bambi's good eye.

It was a beautiful weapon, crafted most certainly by a master of the trade. Bambi did not know alot of things, but she had good enough instincts to recognize perfection when she saw it.

It was a match made in, well, where ever such matching of lethal instruments was made. It suited Bambi very well.

She twisted to look at Sorsha over her shoulder.

"Good choice"

Stepping onto the mat, Maddox pulled the blade horozontally through the vacant air in a slow, deliberate draw and took a semi-wide stance in trademark warrior pose, her "sight" side slightly forward.

"Im ready"

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha gave a classical fencing salute and advanced, initiating an offense as she touched sabres ::

Bambi Maddox
    Bambi moved confidently just out of Sorsha's reach, to move in side-steping arc. One arm raised slightly for balance, the other with weapon ready.

Belatedly, and with real dismay, she realised she had no protective padding on at all.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha took advantage of the split second hesitation and advanced with a Fleche manuever ::

Bambi Maddox
    Bambi twisted her wrist to flick Sorsha's blade off target as the Vigo rushed past her. She spun on her heels to turn facing Sorsha once more.

Then, advancing with a step-slide-step-slide, poked at Sorsha with her blade.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha parried the thrust and smiled, fencing with Bambi at a leisurely pace ::

"You're not bad. Where did you study?"

Bambi Maddox
    Bambi remained on guard.

"I had a crazy dance teacher years ago who thought fencing was a great work-out. Good for balance and poise and stuff. I took a course to humor him and found it to my liking, so took a few more. My teacher was Yousef Alani, ever heard of him? Anyway,
    its been a while since Ive done any real training. Until I met Gry--er an old partner, I never really had need of it. Im a bit rusty."

She made a sudden lunge.

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Grym Kandle?" she said as she parried.

Bambi Maddox
    "Ugh!"

The point of Sorsha's blade peirced through Bambi's tunic and drew blood. Her naming Grym had stunned Maddox to where she had failed to move out of harms way.

Bambi's sword dipped toward the floor and her wary stance was exchanged for an unguarded posture.

"You know him?"

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsa stepped back, canting her head at Bambi curiously ::

"I know him by reputation."

Bambi Maddox
    She nodded in agreement. Though Grym would never be the one to say it, he was a master at his trade. And that kind of expertise can't be kept secret.

Bambi felt the familiar melancholy steal over her whenever she missed Grym.

"At least his reputation is alive and well"

Sorsha Kasajian
    "You believe him to be otherwise?"

Bambi Maddox
    "I cant really say" she shrugged and lifted her weapon again in an attempt to resume the training.

Maddox didnt want to even think it, let alone admit to what was a steadily growing fear where Grym was concerned.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha frowned ::

"You're bleeding."

Bambi Maddox
    A quick look to where Sorsha's blade had pricked her and a dismissive "huh" was Bambi's response.

She again lifted the blade.

"Ready?"

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha remained where she stood and raised her sword without a word, yet her eyes were studying Bambi intently now ::

Bambi Maddox
    Bambi moved forward, a feint left, a spin right bringing her sword around in a quick, even arc, meeting Sorsha's defending blade with a clang.

Bambi pressed her weight behind her sword, causing the two blades to ride up against each other in a temporary stalemate of position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast